Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Probably. I felt like I saw it too but attributed it to the brace or wrap he was wearing potentially constricting enough to change his movement. Or, just the oddity of having someone try to change the way you move creating unintended favoring.
    That was my thought. Before I posted initially I almost added a point about his regular, albeit somewhat unusual, gate. This was more than that, but it was also something that I saw the entire game. I don’t think it’s that he’s still injured or even favoring it for any particular reason. I think its a combo of him coming off injury and being a tad unsure (which every human being does) added to him being conscious of the “new” walk/jump he’s being taught by the Pelican’s training staff. Being in the wrap probably contributed as well. But I am not at all implying he’s still hurt. No way did I see any indication of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The NBA is considering roping off the seats behind the baselines for Sixers games to protect the fans ...
    They need to do that at Kansas, too

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They need to do that at Kansas, too
    Flying bricks, weaponized stool (sounds like bioterrorism!).

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I know this is a Zion thread, and he had an incridible 4 minute stretch...but how can you have a list of best strokes at Duke and not include Trajan Langdon? Maybe he and JJ have been giving Zion shooting tips during their off time in New Orleans.
    What a strange sidebar.

Chip Engelland.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm...kind of shocked JR Smith is so high on the list.
    Entered the league at 19, played around 1000 games, and pretty steadily hit just under two threes per game. Consistency and reliability: the things JR is known for.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Entered the league at 19, played around 1000 games, and pretty steadily hit just under two threes per game. Consistency and reliability: the things JR is known for.
    Careful that LeBron doesn't hear you say that

Appointment Viewing

I watched too...I couldn't keep my eyes off Zion when he was on the court. Then I realized how nervous I felt. Would Zion re-injure his knee? After a couple shaky turnovers...is twitter going to start bashing Zion? I was rooting for Zion like he's my own kid!

I noticed a few times when his athleticism covered over some mistakes: he skied for an amazing rebound but really should have boxed out and probably should have been called for over the back. He fumbled a pass on a cut to the basket, but figured out how to make the hoop anyway. I get the feeling he was itching to throw down one of his patented tomahawks and got ahead of himself. I can't imagine the fan reaction if that happened!

Sure he's a bit out of shape and he was lagging on defense, but he's only going to get better with a few more games under his belt...maybe not better than 4-4 on three-pointers in one quarter but less nervous and more in the flow of the game. Can't wait for the next game!
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

ESPN has an article up providing ROY odds at different points this season. Interesting to see Zion bounce around before the injury, after the surgery, and now.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...r-odds-tracker
    Thanks for sharing, although I really wish that ESPN had produced a less distorted graph. The distance between +400 and +800 is equal to the distance between -450 and +400 which is also equal to the distance between +800 and +1600.

i.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    You could be right and there might be some resentment from some of his team mates but I just can't see anyone not liking Zion. If there's a Pelican that feels that way, he needs to lighten up.

GoDuke!
    Pay me a few million bucks to play basketball and I promise I won’t care if I’m in the lime light. Just keep those checks rollin and I’m happy!

Sir, or Madam; a few million isn't even minimum wage ? How are you going to afford you bar tab ?

Zion is back!! I can FINALLY use that NBA package.

From today’s Morning Brew email:

The Doomsday Clock was moved to 100 seconds to midnight, meaning we’re closer than ever to annihilation. Zion Williamson, you’re our only hope.

If you are looking for an interesting read each morning check out Morning Brew subscription:

https://link.morningbrew.com/click/1...6933eBf1aad0b4

If you sign up via the link above I might even earn a free sticker ��

Doesn't look like the Pels game is on TV tonight. Was hoping Zion fever would get a couple more of the regular games bumped in favor of the Pelicans.

Doesn't look like the Pels game is on TV tonight. Was hoping Zion fever would get a couple more of the regular games bumped in favor of the Pelicans.
    Isn't NBA League Pass free this week? Thought I read that somewhere. I'm hoping so because I pressed "record" on my DirectTV station that's supposed to air the game.

If you download the Yahoo Sports app (my favorite scoreboard app BTW) they are currently having a free trial of NBA league pass. You don't have to sign up for a free trial (that you might ultimately forget to cancel) the games just appear when you click on the game in the Scoreboard.

During these periodic free trials any game that is not nationally or locally televised is watchable on the app. Including Nuggets-Pelicans tonight.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    If you download the Yahoo Sports app (my favorite scoreboard app BTW) they are currently having a free trial of NBA league pass. You don't have to sign up for a free trial (that you might ultimately forget to cancel) the games just appear when you click on the game in the Scoreboard.

During these periodic free trials any game that is not nationally or locally televised is watchable on the app. Including Nuggets-Pelicans tonight.
    This is good to know info. Thanks!

The Pels Nuggets game is available free-view on 759 and 760 on Directv tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    The Pels Nuggets game is available free-view on 759 and 760 on Directv tonight.
    Zion got the Pelican's first hoop tonight with his first dunk...on an alley oop.

Supposedly the Pels sold a lot more season tickets when they picked Zion but right now Smoothie King arena has a surprising number of empty seats. I figured the first couple of games would have been sold out.

Supposedly the Pels sold a lot more season tickets when they picked Zion but right now Smoothie King arena has a surprising number of empty seats. I figured the first couple of games would have been sold out.
    I'm sure it's sold out...NBA and NHL games often have empty seats first quarter...