Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Wake 113, Duke 101 (2OT) Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. And remember - no bashing or venting. Go somewhere else for that.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

El poopo in the bedo.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

No comment.

Refs let Wake back in (big time), but we helped by not valuing the ball late. Coming up short when we need to be turning it on.

Childress thanked God at the end - guess He’s wearing striped shirts these days.

Just a BAD Loss. February was a test and we failed against State and Wake.

Well, the team earned their 3 seed tonight.
    Fumbled away a victory in the last minute.

I’ll just repeat what I put in the in game thread.
    Love watching this team.
    So frustrating- all the talent, not enough focus to maximize the results.

No excuses. We didn't hit shots, didn't run offense, didn't get stops.
    Learn, remember, get angry, and execute.

I have no idea how that game ended up in overtime to begin with. We had the game won. I have no idea how they got the ball from Goldwire, but it looked to me like he was hacked pretty severely. Then Childress flops on the screen, and it was over.
    In shock right now.

Kinda surprised at how we withered in the second overtime.

We needed to put the game away in regulation clearly. The unforced TOs were killer. Didn't help that they sent Wake to the line basically for anything including that screen call which hurt major. Without that, it's a likely "W." AOC hit a big shot and Tre hit two clutch FTs. Those were the positives. We fought back in the first OT too which was nice to see, but seemed to run out of gas completely in the second one. Counts as a max loss according to NET...

Mom used to say "If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all.". So.......

Really tough loss. Essentially eliminates the possibility of #1 seed unless a lot of crazy things happen, and we're at risk for a #3 seed in both the NCAAT and ACCT. The team played hard and tough at the end, but what kills us is the really bad starts. Just don't get why we can't start games well.

This team is somewhat an enigma, and our inconsistency from game to game does not bode well for postseason success.

This version of Duke is very likely to show up at least once over 6 games, and when this Duke shows up we can lose to anyone.

(What I'm saying is: it's over.)

Not sure what to say about this one. The first 13 or so minutes was basically NC State all over again. Wake is a weaker opponent, so we were only down 12 instead of 20. Fought well to come back and seemingly take control of the game, but foul trouble caught up to us and we didn't close it out.

We wanted to believe that the NC State game was an anomaly and we would never see that again, but the reality is that our team has flaws that other teams can exploit, and we haven't yet developed a counter. Moore played well and seeing Justin Robinson contribute was awesome. We hit our free throws. But at this point we're clinging to a 2 seed and hoping to not drop any further.

Again? Really? Refs were bad, and so was Duke. Losing hope that this team can build any sort of consistency before it’s too late. Frustrating.

I thought J Gold was fouled when he turned it over just before Wake tied it at the end of regulation

Almost time to watch Zion vs. LeBron!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Well, the team earned their 3 seed tonight.
    Nah, if Duke wins out they will get a #1 seed.

Somebody explain to me, with a run of top 1 or 2 recruiting classes, we can’t seem to win the conference for a decade??

We did a bunch of stupid stuff in the last 1:20 of regulation, but if you can't complain about the refs after this game, you never can.

I'm most dissapointed in the lack of bball IQ. Even Tre Jones. The and one foul with about a minute left was particularly egregious.