Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    It might be a nice, appropriate touch to precede each beanball with the banging of a trash can lid. Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It might be a nice, appropriate touch to precede each beanball with the banging of a trash can lid. Here it comes!
    Oh please let a team do this. The fines and suspensions would be totally worth it.

I think it is interesting how vocal other players have been in speaking out against the cheaters in comparison the absence of such criticism by competitors when cheating has occurred in other sports, such as with UNCheat or the Patriots. I remember a number of Olympians speaking out against the cheating Russians, but it seems often competitors stay out of the fray. Maybe, the Commissioner's comments pushed people over the edge here.

Houston is deserving of all the heat that they are taking from the media. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone from the media step-up and issue an apology to the pitchers who bore the brunt of Houston's cheating. The media wasn't very kind to a number of pitchers who got torched in key situations during the playoffs.

Seriously, you want an apology from the media? Are they supposed to double check that there isn’t any cheating going on before they file their nightly story on what happened? Seems a bit of a stretch.

Not going to bother with a new thread,

but the league's ruling on the Boston video cheating has come down. Much more limited punishment, with the league basically concluding that no one on the coaching staff or front office was involved or even knew about it, and laying all the blame on the replay room operator / advance video scout.

The video operator is suspended without pay for 2020, and although he may return in 2021, he can't hold the same job for that season (if he can get a team to bring him back in 2021, wonder how aggressively the league plans to police that to prevent creative renaming of job titles).

The Sox lose a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft.

Cora (who doesn't have a job in baseball at the moment) is suspended for 2020, but this was for his conduct in Houston. They didn't find any conduct in Boston worthy of punishment.

I don't know how easy it will be for the suspended Houston and Boston guys to get jobs anytime soon anyway, but since the suspensions are expressed in years, as opposed to games like suspended players, I haven't seen any discussion of what happens to these suspensions if the season is scrapped.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/22/re...ealing-scandal
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

^ it is definitely a new thing to be suspended from something that itself is suspended.

Seems a little weak, doesn't it? Was there something more serious handed down to Cleveland State or something?

Actually am a Sox fan, but I was expecting more. Course I was expecting more with Houston too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I don't know how easy it will be for the suspended Houston and Boston guys to get jobs anytime soon anyway, but since the suspensions are expressed in years, as opposed to games like suspended players, I haven't seen any discussion of what happens to these suspensions if the season is scrapped.
    Buster Olney previously reported (based on wording of the ruling itself and confirmation from MLB sources) that the Houston suspensions would not be affected by a cancellation of the season. So Hinch and Luhnow could both end up missing 0 games if someone who doesn't value integrity wants to hire them for 2021.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Buster Olney previously reported (based on wording of the ruling itself and confirmation from MLB sources) that the Houston suspensions would not be affected by a cancellation of the season. So Hinch and Luhnow could both end up missing 0 games if someone who doesn't value integrity wants to hire them for 2021.
    Maybe Mike Fox will hire them over in the next county.

NASA just informed me I've been suspended from all trips to the moon for the duration of the year, so the pain is being spread around.

Is there any more word on the fairly crazy notion of playing an MLB schedule in Phoenix?

Is there any more word on the fairly crazy notion of playing an MLB schedule in Phoenix?
    Now they're talking about using stadiums in Arizona, Texas and Florida.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...t-2020-season/
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

^ it is definitely a new thing to be suspended from something that itself is suspended.
    There is precedent. Do you remember double secret probation?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    You mean, like, in Chapel Hill?