Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Houston baseball cheating

MLB announces penalties for Hinch, Luhnow, and the organization. Hinch and Luhnow suspended until the day after the WS, and the team gets a $5M fine (apparently the max) and loses draft picks.

Seems light for Hinch and Luhnow (and I bet Pete Rose agrees).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...sign-stealing/

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    MLB announces penalties for Hinch, Luhnow, and the organization. Hinch and Luhnow suspended until the day after the WS, and the team gets a $5M fine (apparently the max) and loses draft picks.

I'm sure Pete will take that bet ...

I always thought the neighborhood kids in my grad student Philadelphia neighborhood were just banging on trash can lids to pass the time; now I know they were stealing my signs.

The Dodgers suffered due to both this and the Red Sox scheme. This leaves a really bad taste...

Alex Cora is going to get hammered. The report finds that Hinch failed to stop it, but wasn't actively involved. Cora basically devised the whole thing. How mlb scales up the punishment is anyone's guess, but based on their respective actions, Cora should get multiple years to Hinch's one.

Also, Hinch and Luhnow have been fired by Houston.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Slap on the wrist.

I feel like the motto of MLB should be

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying." PEDs, spitballs, corked bats, stealing signs...in ways small and large, subtle and egregious, MLB is all about cheating. Apparently Bobby Thompson's 1951 "Shot heard round the world" was rooted in sign stealing. https://nypost.com/2002/07/29/51-gia...ealing-scheme/

Yes, but

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Slap on the wrist.
    Now that Hinch and Luhnow have been fired, it comes closer to appropriate.

Astros’s titles should be stripped.

I’d make them play their games in the remains of the Astrodome, but that’s just me.

The Astros in 2018 cheated, won and got found out.

The Red Sox in 2019 cheated, won and got found out.

My Nationals in 2020 won and, being based in Washington, knew that all evil deeds get exposed by the press -- so they played it straight.

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    'Of course, my presumption of innocence is partially based on the reality that the home team lost all seven World Series games'
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

My Nationals in 2020 won and, being based in Washington, knew that all evil deeds get exposed by the press -- so they played it straight.

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    'Of course, my presumption of innocence is partially based on the reality that the home team lost all seven World Series games'
    And beat a cheating team! MLB caught a break with the Nats winning.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    Your winners are correct, but your years are off. No one has won the 2020 World Series yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post

Last time i saw cheating that good .kid walked up to plate endcap came off and tennis balls fell out.you almost have to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The Dodgers suffered due to both this and the Red Sox scheme. This leaves a really bad taste...
    Not to mention their playoff loss to the sign-stealing Cardinals. Part of Kershaw's postseason troubles may have been that the other team knew what pitch was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Not to mention their playoff loss to the sign-stealing Cardinals. Part of Kershaw's postseason troubles may have been that the other team knew what pitch was coming.
    Yes, it might help explain his stellar regular season stats and then his awful performances in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Slap on the wrist.
    Hope they still have sufficient wads of their bonus money to cry into.

I do feel really bad for Kershaw.

So, JV's ring is tainted. Boohoo.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In the last 3 seasons the Yankees have lost to Houston, Boston and then Houston in the playoffs. What could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    In the last 3 seasons the Yankees have lost to Houston, Boston and then Houston in the playoffs. What could have been...
    If this is what it takes to stop the Yankees, I approve!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    If this is what it takes to stop the Yankees, I approve!

😂😂😂😎😎😎😂😂😎

So are all those being implicated in the cheating scandal going to get banned from baseball and the HOF like Pete Rose?? I hope so. Keep it fair, baseball.