Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    ACC commish will petition NCAA for special placement in tourney for 16-16 Cheats
    It won't be just the players that go for 16-16, it's all of the students.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This headline from the Syracuse site is just so fantastic...

“ACC basketball rankings: Virginia slides, Syracuse moves up, Clemson won a game and North Carolina is deplorable

(Emphasis mine)

https://www.nunesmagician.com/platfo...-is-deplorable
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    Let me check my spreadsheet. Well, it looks like they CAN afford a 6-game slide. In fact, a 15-game slide is very affordable for the low, low price of 9F.
    Why, that is very affordable. Is there a limit or can I get as many as I want?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Why, that is very affordable. Is there a limit or can I get as many as I want?
    Buy one get one free (available to all students, not just basketball team).

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves counting the total number of losses unc will have. Just enjoy them one at a time. And enjoy Roy’s press conferences as well

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...239248088.html

"UNC’s Brandon Robinson involved in car accident, status for Pitt game unclear"

Thankfully, it doesn't appear he was seriously injured.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...239248088.html

"UNC’s Brandon Robinson involved in car accident, status for Pitt game unclear"

Thankfully, it doesn't appear he was seriously injured.
    My first thought was that ol' roy got carried away with the bus ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    No tire tracks mentioned...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Clown car...

Perhaps I was incorrect in assuming DBR was above mocking a UNC player getting hit by a piece of human filth who decided to drive while drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Perhaps I was incorrect in assuming DBR was above mocking a UNC player getting hit by a piece of human filth who decided to drive while drunk.
    Not funny to me either.

Get well, young man.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    To be fair, first, it seems very clear that he is fine. And will play, aside from the "unknown status" announcements.
    Carrboro Police Captain Chris Atack said there was about $3,000 worth of damage to between both cars, and there were no injuries.
    “It was a very small accident,” Atack told The News & Observer.
    Second, it involves vehicles, and thankfully a healthy Carolina player. That is too ripe for derision in these parts. Since nobody is hurt, I appreciate the humor, and obviously I'm not alone.
    PS, nobody mocked the player, merely the setup. Had Robinson, or anyone, been actually hurt, the tone would be different. See the unfortunate Sylvia Hatchell thread for reference.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Best graphic ever...

https://old.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...nce_wins_over/

A graph of conference expected wins since the start of the season. Watch the pale blue line sink...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    To be fair, first, it seems very clear that he is fine. And will play, aside from the "unknown status" announcements.

Second, it involves vehicles, and thankfully a healthy Carolina player. That is too ripe for derision in these parts. Since nobody is hurt, I appreciate the humor, and obviously I'm not alone.
    PS, nobody mocked the player, merely the setup. Had Robinson, or anyone, been actually hurt, the tone would be different. See the unfortunate Sylvia Hatchell thread for reference.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Best graphic ever...

A graph of conference expected wins since the start of the season. Watch the pale blue line sink...
    A thing of beauty. How low can they go??

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Best graphic ever...

Great graphic. Do you have a treatment for the dizziness produced by the animation?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    A thing of beauty. How low can they go??
    I was just thinking how surprising it is that they are still picked for almost 7 victories in conference. They are 1 and 4 now. To win 7, they would have to go 6 and 9 in their remaining conference games. I don't have time for a deep dive into their schedule, but I thought the easy part was behind them already.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    I was just thinking how surprising it is that they are still picked for almost 7 victories in conference. They are 1 and 4 now. To win 7, they would have to go 6 and 9 in their remaining conference games. I don't have time for a deep dive into their schedule, but I thought the easy part was behind them already.

Howard
    You would be right. Bart Torvik gives them a >50% chance at winning only three remaining games on their schedule; home games against Miami, Boston College, and Wake.

They still have to face VT on the road, us and NCSU twice, and Louisville on the road. T-rank says it’s likely they’ll finish 6-14 in the ACC

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Let’s not get ahead of ourselves counting the total number of losses unc will have. Just enjoy them one at a time. And enjoy Roy’s press conferences as well
    I’m just disappointed that I’m having to wait a full week before the next game.

Wow, Pitt just got jobbed on a foul call where basket would have tied the game but instead gave LV two free throws. Worst call of the season.

Refs better leave fast. Wow.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block