Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Tough, loud arena. Duke is -10 right now. It is rarely easy on the road in the ACC, although Duke made it look that way at Miami.
    Actually, since Littlejohn was "modernized" it's not nearly the tough loud arena it used to be. Lot of Clemson fans complain about how they ruined the atmosphere there. Years of mediocrity hasn't helped either. I expect the dullest quietest crowd we've ever faced at that arena, given the pall that must be over the Upstate today.

And yes, I remember when they let in about 3000 ABOVE fire marshall capacity in 80 or 81 and Clemson beat the top ranked Gminski,Banks, Dennard team. That was no doubt the all time atmosphere in Littlejohn.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Actually, since Littlejohn was "modernized" it's not nearly the tough loud arena it used to be. Lot of Clemson fans complain about how they ruined the atmosphere there. Years of mediocrity hasn't helped either. I expect the dullest quietest crowd we've ever faced at that arena, given the pall that must be over the Upstate today.

And yes, I remember when they let in about 3000 ABOVE fire marshall capacity in 80 or 81 and Clemson beat the top ranked Gminski,Banks, Dennard team. That was no doubt the all time atmosphere in Littlejohn.
    That was '79.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That was '79.
    January 9th 1980. It was during winter break so we drove down from Charlotte for the game. I was there sitting way up in the corner of the top deck. The aisles were full of people even up where we were. Thankfully nobody shouted fire.

No Joey Baker tonight. Sprained ankle.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I guess we can figure out the eight man rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    No Joey Baker tonight. Sprained ankle.
    Crud

So injuries is how Coach K is going to whittle the starting lineup down to 8. Very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Crud

So injuries is how Coach K is going to whittle the starting lineup down to 8. Very clever.
    Lots of Duke haters believe that Coach K has had 8 in the starting lineup for years . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Crud

Seems like the perfect game to have to deal with foul trouble. Maybe AOC will bring his A game because we may need it...

yeah, opportunity to White and AOC to play more, gain confidence in shooting. We already know Goldwire will play a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Nine. Coach has been saving the Admiral's son for such a time as this.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him play meaningful minutes tonight. He's done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Is it time to burn Savarino's redshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am one of the believers that a key to our success this year has been partially due to teams not being able to game plan for a random rotation. Losing 2 of our usual 10 certainly makes us a little less mysterious.

Who do we think will be the 5th starter...Goldwire? He played well last game in a starting role and I can see K wanting to create a pressure cooker, although it looks like both teams TO%s are identical.

This injury to Baker has me unsettled, as does the Clemson L last night in the national title game. I'd hate for the basketball team to give the fans something to soothe the hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I am one of the believers that a key to our success this year has been partially due to teams not being able to game plan for a random rotation. Losing 2 of our usual 10 certainly makes us a little less mysterious.

Who do we think will be the 5th starter...Goldwire? He played well last game in a starting role and I can see K wanting to create a pressure cooker, although it looks like both teams TO%s are identical.

This injury to Baker has me unsettled, as does the Clemson L last night in the national title game. I'd hate for the basketball team to give the fans something to soothe the hurt.
    I'm going to assume that Goldwire gets the start in this one. It would be nice to have some scoring on the bench. AOC is the most offensively gifted of the group between Goldwire, White, and DeLaurier. My expectation is that all 8 will play a good chunk of time. Heck, we might even see some minutes from Justin Robinson. He has an absurd block rate and can hit a jumper.

Feels like a classic trap game with the Cards coming in to town this weekend. Would love to see a solid defensive effort with lots of on-ball pressure. Gonna be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him play meaningful minutes tonight. He's done it before.
    In all seriousness, neither would I. Could see him playing half a dozen or so minutes tonight. Especially if there’s any foul trouble. And I think he would acquit himself quite nicely.

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Hoping JGold and JRob and JWhite and JDel acquit themselves well tonight in the absence of JBake. Hope Tre J does, too.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDevil View Post
    Is it time to burn Savarino's redshirt?
    Don’t you know that is a conversation every night over dinner with Mrs. K...

Stephen Wiseman tweeting from Littlejohn...maybe it will be dead..

“A half hour before tip. I can't remember seeing a gathering this sparse for a Duke road game. That's NOT a knock on Clemson. Rather, speaks volumes about the circumstances after last night's football game.“