Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 90, Wake Forest 59 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Beating an ACC opponent by 30 is nothing to scoff at, ever.

Total domination from start to finish. Tre’s midrange game is elite. Defense was elite all around (11 blocks, 8 steals). Javin/Jack blocked a LOT of shots. Guys diving for loose balls the entire game. Alex attacked the tim angrily. Cassius keeps getting better and better. Jack and Joey were draining 3s. Goldwire and Tre on the court at the same time is lethal. Big Vern continues to dominate. Hurt is getting smoother and smoother. This team is elite. 27 points from the bench never hurts.

15-1, 5-0. This is the best start for Duke since they started 16-1 in the 2012-2013 season. Clemson at LittleJohn Tuesday night. Gonna be another tough road test.

Let’s Go Duke!

Gotta be the uniforms. True Blue.

The team played close to its potential tonight.

Only negative was the poor free throw shooting. Need to tighten that up for Louisville and FSU.

With our defensive intensity and still improving offense, we should compete for the championship. All the pieces are here. Very fun team.

These guys are growing up in a hurry

An absolute take down. Wake on offense looked like the Duke women's team, and that's not good.

I was watching the game on my laptop, so can anybody tell me what the Duke uniform color really looked like? It seemed to be blue black on my screen, but for all I know it could have been a real Duke blue.

No matter what the precise hue, after this effort we need to repeat these unis.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    An absolute take down. Wake on offense looked like the Duke women's team, and that's not good.

I was watching the game on my laptop, so can anybody tell me what the Duke uniform color really looked like? It seemed to be blue black on my screen, but for all I know it could have been a real Duke blue.

No matter what the precise hue, after this effort we need to repeat these unis.
    I thought Navy..

In this his 5th year at the helm at Wake Forest, Danny Manning is now 73-100 overall and 25-70 in ACC regular season games with one NCAAT appearance and no NCAAT wins.

How long does Wake hang on to Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    The team played close to its potential tonight.

Only negative was the poor free throw shooting. Need to tighten that up for Louisville and FSU.

With our defensive intensity and still improving offense, we should compete for the championship. All the pieces are here. Very fun team.
    We're still improving on defense, too. Alex and Joey were poking balls out and doing a pretty good job of rotating. And I like Alex taking it hard to the rim. I'll like it better when he figures out how to finish in traffic.

This is a fun team to watch. Looking forward to Wendell Moore's return.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    I thought Navy..
    When I began watching Duke basketball I was told by my Duke buddies that the uniforms were Royal Blue and this uniform they wore tonigt looked very similar.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    Gotta be the uniforms. True Blue.
    That is Duke Blue as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    In this his 5th year at the helm at Wake Forest, Danny Manning is now 73-100 overall and 25-70 in ACC regular season games with one NCAAT appearance and no NCAAT wins.

How long does Wake hang on to Manning?
    Big buyout on his contract. I think it was 18 million last year thanks to Wellman giving him an extension in 2017. Contract runs through 2025.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ract-extension

Nice win- Tre played great- the Jones/Goldwire backcourt is very pesky and Goldwire had a nice game as well- leading in assists. Carey has had trouble with all the attention and will need to hit his FTs but nice production from White and Baker. Loved the assist from Baker to White for the dunk. Will take a 30 pt win any day.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Big buyout on his contract. I think it was 18 million last year thanks to Wellman giving him an extension in 2017. Contract runs through 2025.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ract-extension
    Yeesh. With so many teams in the ACC around Wake’s talent level or better, I personally don’t see them continuing to improve significantly or realizing the lofty goals that they have for their program as their AD suggests. Well, 0 NCAAT wins and a 2-16 ACC record in one of his seasons thus far - I do see them improving on that potentially, and they have been a perennial bottom feeder/doormat in the league thus far under his watch so there’s really only one way to go which is up. But for a proud program with a rich history, the program is pretty terrible right now and has been every season under him thus far but one when they were 19-14, 9-9 and lost an
    NCAAT first four game.

An incredibly unselfish team. Everyone seems to have embraced his role and comes in ready to contribute in it.

A really great game for the entire team(minus FTs). The defense took Childress out of the game and that I loved. I can't stand that guy. He's nothing like his dad, player or person wise. I loved the play where Baker dove on the floor for a loose ball when Duke was up 30 something. That had to please Coach K. I love watching this team play defense as much as I like seeing them play offense. GoDuke!

This team is really really really good on defence. Possibly even better than last years group, which is saying something.

So balanced and you can tell they are improving game by game.

Praying that Wendell comes back soon and we stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Duke is still 1st on Kenpom. Offense moved up to 3rd in the country and defense held at 4th. Adjusted efficiency margin is 31.05.

TEAM.

I was surprised when the announcers mentioned that Moore was third on the team in minutes. I didn't realize he had been playing that much.

I feel really bad for Alex, as this was a game where he could have gone off. I'm just glad that he was able to log solid minutes after that hard fall. I much prefer his recent North/South attack mode instead of him always sliding East/West.

With a second impressive game, I think it's safe to say that Cassius is over his injury.

Hope Vernon keeps his nose to the proverbial grindstone and doesn't let all the attention he's been getting these past few games get to him. Just play your game big man and things will work out. Teams will learn there is a steep price to pay for focusing on Vernon.