Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S’up

Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post
    First order of business: I am too far (Hilton Head) from Chapel Hill and too old (close enough to 50 now to count it) to make good on my promise. It suffices that it was more than 30 years ago that I uttered the words. +30 years, it turns out, is roughly equivalent to “forever”.
    If you just wear a Clemson hat, you might not need bail.

You are allowed to celebrate for 72 hours, but then I predict pain.

Congrats Klem!

Man, this Board is so f’ing great. How many of us remember Klem’s promise and he comes back after so many years of Clemson’s failures to announce his presence within minutes of it finally happening. So freakin awesome!

I’m in

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Let’s get a go fund me for klemnop’s bail.
    Put me down as participating!

Never thought this day would come. AMA.
    A happy Klemnop! At long last.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    A happy Klemnop! At long last.
    Ha! That’s right! I used to post threads after Clemson wins, “A Happy Klemnop Tonight!” I completely forgot that. That’s awesome. Thanks for remembering.

Think of how much has happened in forever:
    Clemson winning the ACC Regular Season in ‘90 (my 2nd year as a student)
    Rick Barnes and the Slab Five
    The awful Shyatt years
    Being down with OP(p) - everyone remember that night we beat Duke by like 30 at Littlejohn and Oglesby whiffed a dunk at the end?
    And the last 10 years wandering in the wilderness with Brad Brownlee

And, finally, The Streak is over.

Too good not to share twice - @ICMeltdown shared this:

SportsChannel8
    @SportsChannel8
    ·
    27m
    Congrats to Roy Williams for breaking the tie with Dean Smith in all time home losses to Clemson. Historic.

Klemnop, you absolute hero.

Context for us millennials?

Never thought this day would come. AMA.
    wheat has to be reeling

There probably won't be a warmer night anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Klemnop promised to streak down Franklin Street if Clemson ever won in Chapel Hill. The promise was made a long time ago.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by norduck View Post
    wheat has to be reeling
    He's lurking. He hit me with a drive-by negative sporking a couple of weeks ago. Cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Klemnop promised to streak down Franklin Street if Clemson ever won in Chapel Hill. The promise was made a long time ago.
    😂

Congrats to Clemson.

This year is truly a year of broken records. May we see 2 16 seeds in the sweet 16!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    He's so old now it will probably trigger a Silver Alert.

Congrats Klemnop!

Wonder if the mods will pin this as a sticky thread. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    I was a student at Clemson ‘88 - ‘91. My best friend went to UNC.
    Clemson was actually good in ‘88. Even better in ‘89-‘90. UNC crushed us in Chapel Hill both years.

In a dejected moment walking out of the Dean Dome I said to my friend, “We’ll never beat you guys here.”
    “Sure you will.”
    “Nope. In fact I’m so sure that I promise if Clemson ever beats UNC in Chapel Hill I’ll hang naked from the sculpture in front of the Planetarium.” (That’s pretty much directly on Franklin Street.)

Thus was born “The Promise”.

I found DBR in 1998 shortly after finding the internet. (I would have been an AOL customer in ‘98, how about you?). I was welcomed by posters like Ozzie, Jason Evans, Stray Gator, Wheat...and many, many others I can’t recall but am sure I would remember.

For nearly 10 years I posted pretty regularly on DBR. If not regularly at least as often as Duke played Clemson or, like clockwork, on the day of the Clemson @ UNC game.

By 2008 life had changed (and my interest in Clemson basketball had waned some). But I’ll always owe my internet Coming Of Age to DBR. I learned what an “llol” was. And how to make a smiley-face with a : + ). And all that kind of stuff. DBR was good family to me. I’ll always have a soft spot for you guys.
    Last edited by Klemnop; 01-11-2020 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Spelling and whatnot

Talking

I was a student at Clemson ‘88 - ‘91. My best friend went to UNC.
    Clemson was actually good in ‘88. Even better in ‘89-‘90. UNC crushed us in Chapel Hill both years.

In a dejected moment walking out of the Dean Dome I said to my friend, “We’ll never beat you guys here.”
    “Sure you will.”
    “Nope. In fact I’m so sure that I promise if Clemson ever beats UNC in Chapel Hill I’ll hang naked from the sculpture in front of the Planetarium.” (That’s pretty much directly on Franklin Street.)

Thus was born “The Promise”.

I found DBR in 1998 shortly after finding the internet. (I would have been an AOL customer in ‘98, how about you?). I was welcomed by posters like Ozzie, Jason Evans, Stray Gator, Wheat...and many, many others I can’t recall but am sure I would remember.

For nearly 10 years I posted pretty regularly on DBR. If not regularly at least as often as Duke played Clemson or, like clockwork, on the day of the Clemson @ UNC game.

By 2008 life had changed (and my interest in Clemson basketball had waned some). But I’ll always owe my internet Coming Of Age to DBR. I learned what an “llol” was. And how to make a smiley-face with a : + ). And all that kind of stuff. DBR was good family to me. I’ll always have a soft spot for you guys.
    Enjoy the night even if you don't run naked down Franklin Street. & GO CLEMSON Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie4duke View Post
    congratulations klemnop! If you change your mind, i’m in for $20k
    fify.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

And, finally, The Streak is over.
    Actually, I think the real streak has yet to begin...