Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: S’up

Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post

Never thought this day would come. AMA.
    No... NO!! You know what? NO!

Was everybody drunk this weekend? Everyone getting all mushy about memory lane and old-timers like Jumbo and Merry and James and blah blah blah! Nuh-huh! I'm not having it! I came here for streaking and that's what I expect! Klemnop, you let me down, bro. You let me down.

Just kidding. Congrats, man! You were the first person I thought of as the game went to OT... maybe, just maybe, a happy Klemnop tonight. But I didn't want to get online anywhere, lest I even read an "I'm not going to jinx it" post. This thread is such a fun throw back to the olden times when I had so much more hair and so much more time to post about Duke basketball.

OK, happy posting all... gonna go wait for my verification email so this post can go live.

Congrats again, Klem. Tough week in pigskin but good week in round ball.

Klem, put your clothes on...please.

Reading through this thread has been great because of all the people that don't post much anymore. Good to see some old familiar usernames. Know that you're welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post
    I was a student at Clemson ‘88 - ‘91. My best friend went to UNC.
    Clemson was actually good in ‘88. Even better in ‘89-‘90. UNC crushed us in Chapel Hill both years.

In a dejected moment walking out of the Dean Dome I said to my friend, “We’ll never beat you guys here.”
    “Sure you will.”
    “Nope. In fact I’m so sure that I promise if Clemson ever beats UNC in Chapel Hill I’ll hang naked from the sculpture in front of the Planetarium.” (That’s pretty much directly on Franklin Street.)

Thus was born “The Promise”.

I found DBR in 1998 shortly after finding the internet. (I would have been an AOL customer in ‘98, how about you?). I was welcomed by posters like Ozzie, Jason Evans, Stray Gator, Wheat...and many, many others I can’t recall but am sure I would remember.
    I was at Clemson from '89 to '91 (grad school for me after graduating from Lander in '89). I guess only people at Clemson during that time period are allowed on DBR :-) I'm not sure when I found DBR, it was somewhere around 1999. Outside of the years I was at Clemson (with Dale Davis and Elden Campbell, etc), I never followed Clemson hoops, just football. Went to CIS for my first Duke game in Nov 1991 just after I moved to RTP and never looked back.

As for the streaking...let's just say that I'm happy my kids don't know about all the times...ah anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I had to come back for this. Looking forward to the pics. (Or not.)
    Great to see you post. Come back to the dark side :-)

This thread made my week!

I wish I had more DBR time...but kids!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    This thread made my week!

I wish I had more DBR time...but kids!
    I think you'll find that if you don't sleep at all....

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Reading through this thread has been great because of all the people that don't post much anymore. Good to see some old familiar usernames. Know that you're welcome back.

They should all know that the level of civility has risen greatly since that dark period when we lost so many valued contributors.

Of course, nothing will ever be as good as I remember this forum being - back when I ran a 4.22 40 and had a 49" vertical - but much of the cordiality has returned.

Please come back, there are new members that are worth your time ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    They should all know that the level of civility has risen greatly since that dark period when we lost so many valued contributors.

Of course, nothing will ever be as good as I remember this forum being - back when I ran a 4.22 40 and had a 49" vertical - but much of the cordiality has returned.

That must have been when Iran it in 4.11 and had a 50. (Maybe that was the gear ratio and cu in?)

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That must have been when Iran it in 4.11 and had a 50. (Maybe that was the gear ratio and cu in?)
    And I'm thinking both you folks are missing and/or misplacing a decimal point in your "advanced (age) metrics..."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And I'm thinking both you folks are missing and/or misplacing a decimal point in your "advanced (age) metrics..."

You're forgetting that I was so much taller back then …

The sun was brighter, the rainbow had more colors, youngsters more polite ...

Just caught up with the thread and it's so great to see so many of my longtime friends show up again! Klem, of course, but James and Merry and McGrupp and Billybreen and DukeTaylor and BluBones (I missed those dancin' bones!). I'm proud to say that when I Zporked Klem for his great long story post he went from 6 to 7 Zporkz!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com