Thread: RIP Terry Jones

RIP Terry Jones

Monty Python's Terry Jones has passed. He wrote and directed some of the funniest material I've ever seen...material that still brings me so much joy decades after my first viewing.

Here's hoping he gets to sing a bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Monty Python's Terry Jones has passed. He wrote and directed some of the funniest material I've ever seen...material that still brings me so much joy decades after my first viewing.

Here's hoping he gets to sing a bit more...

very sad, he had been in poor health for quite some time.

That's awesome. I never knew he played Alex ... er, Herbert. That blonde wig threw me - and he looked too thin to be Jones. Oh well.

I'll especially miss him as Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson. And one of the Four Yorkshiremen. Who is going to lick the roads clean now?

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

oh JE that last bit was heartbreaking.

Lobster themidor and spam please.

A genius. More laughter being brought to heaven.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    oh JE that last bit was heartbreaking.
    Hmmm, video reading as unavailable and private for me.

Oh, my. Monty Python infected and shaped my view of comedy, and I have thankfully never recovered.

May Alex- er, Herbert rest in peace.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hmmm, video reading as unavailable and private for me.
    Ugh... it got taken down. What a bummer. Had a couple funny clips of some of his best scenes and a clip of him talking before ending with his son accepting an award on Terry's behalf because Terry could no longer speak.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ugh... it got taken down. What a bummer. Had a couple funny clips of some of his best scenes and a clip of him talking before ending with his son accepting an award on Terry's behalf because Terry could no longer speak.
    To add context: Terry was up there with his son to receive the award. Initially he did a little funny motion with the award (which was fashioned to look like one of those tragedy/comedy masks, and he held it up to his face). But shortly after, when it was time to say thanks, he looked confused, at a loss for words. His son said some words of gratitude on his behalf, choking up whilst doing so.

And as I get older and seem my parents and in-laws generation reach 80, this is likely to be the new, sad normal for some. Well, maybe not the black-tie gala award part. :/

In a very Monty Python-esque moment, I really couldn't help but think of this when I saw this thread:

And, then, I thought, somewhere/somehow, I'd hear, "But I'm not dead yet."

RIP. You and your comedy team provided many, many hysterical and quotable moments in my life, and obviously, still do.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.