Duke ranked top school for student-athletes

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The full report card is pretty great, except for safety. Eeek.

https://www.niche.com/colleges/duke-university/

PS...unc ranked #6 on that list for student-athletes. They should be disqualified from that category.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Duke press release --
    Duke Ranked Top College for Student-Athletes

Story Links
    DURHAM, N.C. – According to the 2020 best college rankings by Niche, Duke University is ranked the No. 1 school for student-athletes in America.

Duke finished among the top-5 in numerous other categories, including No. 1 for public policy, No. 3 for best value, No. 4 for best professors and No. 6 in both top private university and best college by the organization.

Niche's rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.

Duke Athletics finished last season ranked ninth in the Learfield IMG Directors' Cup Standings by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics and sent 48 student-athletes and 16 teams to NCAA action, highlighted by the women's golf team winning its seventh NCAA title.

Academically, a total of 17 Duke teams achieved a 100 percent graduation success rate: men's basketball, women's cross country/track & field, men's fencing, women's fencing, field hockey, men's golf, women's golf, men's lacrosse, women's lacrosse, rowing, men's soccer, women's soccer, men's swimming and diving, men's tennis, women's tennis, volleyball and wrestling.

Duke also made history last year, setting an ACC record with 519 ACC Academic Honor Roll selections. The Blue Devils have led the conference in honorees for 31 of the previous 32 years. The Honor Roll is comprised of varsity student-athletes who registered a grade point average of 3.0 or better for the full academic year.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Duke press release --
    Duke Ranked Top College for Student-Athletes

Story Links
    DURHAM, N.C. – According to the 2020 best college rankings by Niche, Duke University is ranked the No. 1 school for student-athletes in America.

Duke finished among the top-5 in numerous other categories, including No. 1 for public policy, No. 3 for best value, No. 4 for best professors and No. 6 in both top private university and best college by the organization.

Niche's rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.

Duke Athletics finished last season ranked ninth in the Learfield IMG Directors' Cup Standings by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics and sent 48 student-athletes and 16 teams to NCAA action, highlighted by the women's golf team winning its seventh NCAA title.

Academically, a total of 17 Duke teams achieved a 100 percent graduation success rate: men's basketball, women's cross country/track & field, men's fencing, women's fencing, field hockey, men's golf, women's golf, men's lacrosse, women's lacrosse, rowing, men's soccer, women's soccer, men's swimming and diving, men's tennis, women's tennis, volleyball and wrestling.

Duke also made history last year, setting an ACC record with 519 ACC Academic Honor Roll selections. The Blue Devils have led the conference in honorees for 31 of the previous 32 years. The Honor Roll is comprised of varsity student-athletes who registered a grade point average of 3.0 or better for the full academic year.

That's great! I dated a gal on one of those teams during my time and I didn't really know what hard work was until I saw her juggle her schedule. Someone will have to explain the math on men's basketball given all the one-and-dones the past decade. I believe Duke but I don't understand it given all the guys we've put into the league after their freshman years.

Nice recognition for Duke but I'm guessing people at Stanford MIGHT disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That's great! I dated a gal on one of those teams during my time and I didn't really know what hard work was until I saw her juggle her schedule. Someone will have to explain the math on men's basketball given all the one-and-dones the past decade. I believe Duke but I don't understand it given all the guys we've put into the league after their freshman years.
    Pros and transfers aren't counted against a school as long as they leave in good academic standing. So, it's basically if the four year players graduated or not, and were the transfers/pro players still eligible to play.

Cool Recruiting All Sports at Duke

Saw this today. Thought I would share this from the Chronicle.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...up-2020-spring