Thread: Inside Access

Inside Access

I'm overseas in India for a few weeks, trying to access any hoops I can get my hands on. The video icons on the men's basketball section of the goduke.com site make it appear that the BW game and the Shaw game are available. So, I signed up for Inside Access, thinking I cold watch these early-season games like last year. However, they do not play for me when I try to launch them. The player appears like usual, and the information about the game is even below the screen, but nothing else happens (no loading/buffering msg). I am able to watch the games archived from last year, so it doesn't appear to be a technical issue. Also of note, the new games are not listed in the video player's search feature. Has anyone been able to watch either of these games in archive mode (not live)? I saw that there was some discussion of this question in other game posts, but I could not find a conclusive answer. Thanks.

Like you, I am unable to view the videos. It looks like those are just leftover "live" links from the original broadcast. I, too, would like to be able to watch those past games, but it doesn't appear goduke has added them to their archive yet (if they ever will).

In earlier threads I posted about not being able to view the "test video" when trying to sign up for Inside Access. In case anyone is still wondering, I just wanted to let everyone know that the live broadcast of the Shaw game worked perfectly well for me despite not being able to view the test video. Thanks to the couple of you who did respond and encouraged me to sign up anyway.

All in all, I think goduke.com needs some attention. Maybe they are understaffed, or maybe there are just a few students keeping it together, but in addition to the test video not working there are a number of other issues with the site. I guess I won't get into all the details, but there's a lot of stuff that needs updating and a lot of links that don't work. I had to create a new account to sign up this year due to missing (eg "renew") and misdirected links, and it's quite confusing when you enter your credit card info, hit the submit button, ...pause... and are then redirected back to the original sign up page with no order confirmation. ... So I just made a new account, hopefully I don't get charged twice like last year. Also, the troubleshooting tips are completely outdated, and the customer service links either don't work, or if you find one that does it kinda doesn't matter anyway since you're not going to get a response. It worked for me in the end so I'm happy, but they must lose some visitors.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my signup experience was nearly identical to yours, Lulu. It must have taken a good 20-25 minutes to sort through it, and I still don't know what happened exactly. Now, I have to call my credit card company to check up on the charges. I also think they might have overcharged me for last year.

Anyway, I will be up at 3:30am India time (10 1/2 hour difference - weird) to check out the live broadcast of the Barton game. Looking forward to seeing our boys play.

Well, I didn't have the same problems with signing up. I was able to watch the Shaw game live, but like you couldn't find this year's blue-white game and furthermore i couldn't get any of the old archived games to work. I sent an email to support asking if the blue-white game would be made available but haven't received a response.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    Well, I didn't have the same problems with signing up. I was able to watch the Shaw game live, but like you couldn't find this year's blue-white game and furthermore i couldn't get any of the old archived games to work. I sent an email to support asking if the blue-white game would be made available but haven't received a response.
    Last year's BW, Shaw, and NC Central games play fine for me. While on the subject though, anyone know why this year's NC Central game isn't listed as being broadcast anywhere, yet also isn't one we can pick up on Inside Access??? (I know the radio link is there, just no video...)

I signed up for Inside Access not planning to watch all the exhibitions live so I'm kinda disappointed that they aren't archived. For example, I had planned to be somewhere else at 5pm today (not important plans, but plans nonetheless) but now I'm going to stay home for a couple of hours to watch the Barton game live in case it doesn't get archived. One the one hand, that's dorky of me. OTOH, that's disappointing service by goduke. Just a hypothetical. I bet there are some folks who signed up planning to watch all the games in archive format (hoping that the games would be archived within a few hrs/days of the live event) and then cancel before the next monthly billing cycle charges their credit card. If goduke is holding these games from archive until the next billing cycle, and I don't think they're doing that, but if they are, that's kinda sneaky. Just my 2 cents.

I have to use IE to play the archived radio broadcasts, Firefox doesn't work. When I watched the Shaw game I had to mute the sound because of distortion. Unfortunately the radio broadcast was ahead of the video.

yeah, i hate that the radio broadcast is ahead of the video. any geniuses out there know how to delay a live audio feed a few secs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Last year's BW, Shaw, and NC Central games play fine for me.
    Where did you find a link to these broadcasts? Are you talking about radio?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    Where did you find a link to these broadcasts? Are you talking about radio?
    If you go to "Multimedia Archives" under the "Fan Zone" tab, it takes you to a page listing all broadcasts, which you can sort. If I select "Game Broadcasts" under Category, "Men's Basketball" under Sport, and "2006-07" under Season I see these 3 games. I am able to watch the archived video broadcasts of those games (don't even see radio broadcasts under those sort criteria). Riverside6 made a statement about old archived games not working, so these are last year's games again, not this year's.

Thumbs up not dead yet

I recently sent an email inquiry about why the games aren't archived, since they were last year. The contact over at goduke.com replied today and said that the men's team requested a delay in posting the games so that opponents couldn't scout our team early on.

According to the email I received, the 3 games (B/W, Shaw, Barton) should be added in about a week or so. I'll try to repost when the games are actually available.

That's a pretty good reason. I can live with that. Thanks for posting.

Haha, yeah, that's a really good reason. I hope they hold the videos until after Maui.