Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tech not trash talking as much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Love these commentators. I'm not annoyed with them and they focus on the game with some good insights/knowledge. That's my threshold these days. That's the only good thing about ACCN, no Bilas/Vitale/etc.
    Plus I can’t get enough commercials for night vision goggles or any other product which offers a second one for only a handling and shipping fee. Love the acc network.
    Last edited by Sixthman; 01-08-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Correct

18-2 runs always help.

GT has 2 timeouts remaining with 23:45 left in the game.

Let’s Go Duke!

Love these commentators. I'm not annoyed with them and they focus on the game with some good insights/knowledge. That's my threshold these days. That's the only good thing about ACCN, no Bilas/Vitale/etc.
    Think we went 12-0 while GaT football coach in booth. Bring him back.

I freaking love this team!

Goldwire and Tre are absolute savages on D....man this is fun to watch!!!

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    TO GT. Duke getting it done on both ends. 12-0 run. GT has lost their energy.

How many fouls is that on Carey?

Nice dunk Alex but get back on D.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    How many fouls is that on Carey?
    Carey and Javin with 2. No one else with more than 1.

This is a 24 point game with even the remotest of competency from the officiating. I don’t know how K still has his jacket on, I went into my room and changed into a suit just so I could throw mine.

Yes, I always enjoy Dan Bonner.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Carey and Javin with 2. No one else with more than 1.
    Thank you Arnie.

I find it interesting that Carey and Banks both have 2 fouls. Banks has committed at least 4 or 5 that were uncalled.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    This is a 24 point game with even the remotest of competency from the officiating. I don’t know how K still has his jacket on, I went into my room and changed into a suit just so I could throw mine.
    Couldn't possibly be as bad as some of the felonious assaults that Hewitt's thugs committed with minimal consequences.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Agreed but also not really surprised as that's what happens with road games. There was a play right near the half we're GT ended up getting a 3 after we had clearly stuffed the guy in the lane. Should have been a held Ball but of course, no call. Also, they called some kind of BS foul when we trapped another guy in the corner a little earlier in the game. That should have been a held ball, too, but they called a foul on us somehow

Was just discussing this on Twitter...I think we need a name for that moment when our defensive pressure finally just psychologically breaks a team, and they can't begin to figure out what to do. You can see it happen in real time, it's the point at which they stop scoring. Tech hit it at the 10-minute mark, got 11 points the rest of the half. Maybe "The Blue Wall"? Have never seen it in effect quite like this year.

That was an extremely impressive 1st half. Tech came out swinging and Duke took every punch and came away with a double digit lead at the half.

Goldwire is a total stud. Our defense with Tre + Goldwire + Stanley is outstanding. And Goldwire is no longer a liability on offense.

JGold plays 16:47 of the first half... color me shocked but I think he is darn near indispensable for this team. He just never makes mistakes and his D is terrifying for the opposition.

It is entirely possible that Tre Jones will win the national defense of player of the year while being the second best defender on his own team .
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    JGold plays 16:47 of the first half... color me shocked but I think he is darn near indispensable for this team. He just never makes mistakes and his D is terrifying for the opposition.

It is entirely possible that Tre Jones will win the national defense of player of the year while being the second best defender on his own team .
    JGold scores 2 points with 1 assist and 1 steal in the first half and yet if you asked me to pick a MVP of the game so far, he gets my vote with ease.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRyan View Post
    Was just discussing this on Twitter...I think we need a name for that moment when our defensive pressure finally just psychologically breaks a team, and they can't begin to figure out what to do. You can see it happen in real time, it's the point at which they stop scoring. Tech hit it at the 10-minute mark, got 11 points the rest of the half. Maybe "The Blue Wall"? Have never seen it in effect quite like this year.
    Not sure where the term came from, but years ago someone told me about “tharn” — that moment when you look in a witness’ eyes on cross-examination and you know that he or she will agree with everything you say because you have broken them. You know it when you see it.