Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    It was unfortunate that he was hurt but it is good he is coming back this season. Moore has progressed as the season has gone on.

Although I'd be surprised to see him return next year, it would be a great. Not sure there is much of a chance for Hurt or Stanley to return. Moore just needs to show he can shoot the ball better and a return, like Tre's return this year, he might be able to show that his shooting has improved in the off-season. With that said, would he even break into the starting unit? I'm not for or against 5 FR starting as long as the most talented players are on the floor, but would returning benefit his NBA stock. Maybe he could be the starting 3 with Johnson at the 4 and Williams at the 5 if Roach and Stewart are the 2 guards, but there has been high praise for Brakefield lately from recruiting guys do to his shooting/scoring anility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    It was unfortunate that he was hurt but it is good he is coming back this season. Moore has progressed as the season has gone on.

Although I'd be surprised to see him return next year, it would be a great. Not sure there is much of a chance for Hurt or Stanley to return. Moore just needs to show he can shoot the ball better and a return, like Tre's return this year, he might be able to show that his shooting has improved in the off-season. With that said, would he even break into the starting unit? I'm not for or against 5 FR starting as long as the most talented players are on the floor, but would returning benefit his NBA stock. Maybe he could be the starting 3 with Johnson at the 4 and Williams at the 5 if Roach and Stewart are the 2 guards, but there has been high praise for Brakefield lately from recruiting guys do to his shooting/scoring anility.
    Quite likely, I'd say. I would expect a big frosh-to-soph jump from Wendell that should easily put him in the starting lineup. Even this season, Coach K has started him 5 times due to his defense, build (6'6" with strength and a 6'11" wingspan), and ability to create (which admittedly needs a lot of work).

He's still a very talented player despite his struggles this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    “Obvious troll is obvious”
    Can we remove this dude then from the board permanently?

On the topic of the injury, 6-8 weeks is prognosis for normal people. Wendell might be able to heal in 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Can we remove this dude then from the board permanently?

On the topic of the injury, 6-8 weeks is prognosis for normal people. Wendell might be able to heal in 4 weeks.
    Perhaps he is hoping for the same outcome for Moore as for Zion. That Moore will be back. A reverse jinxish type thing.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post
    If Wendell Moore ever wears a Duke jersey again, I will leave DBR forever.
    Please someone get a picture of Wendell strolling around campus in a Duke jersey.

Be nice to have an update on Wendell. He is an important part of the team and I hope we see him back by mid February.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Be nice to have an update on Wendell. He is an important part of the team and I hope we see him back by mid February.
    Adam Rowe of the Devils Den says he'll be back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    That's today!

Maybe the thread title should be changed to “Bad news for Bluegrassdevil1: Wendell Moore to return in January”
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Maybe the thread title should be changed to “Bad news for Bluegrassdevil1: Wendell Moore to return in January”
    Couldn’t spork you, but I do love it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post

It wouldn't be wise for Moore to leave this year. He's very young for a freshman. His skill set is crude at this point. This was the first time he's ever really had to deal with adversity. Remember, he won Mr Basketball North Carolina Soph, Jr and Sr years. I think this year was a wake up call for him but he has the talent to be All ACC first team next season. My fear is if he goes to the NBA and gets picked in R2, he's going to be overwhelmed in the G League and start drowning. His whole development curve will be thrown off.

I say the same thing for Hurt. He's a major defensive liability at the college level. How much will he be exposed in the pros?

The key isn't getting to the NBA. It's staying in the NBA. Moore and Hurt will benefit by returning.

Carey, Jones and Stanley are good to go. Carey is a physically mature big man with a soft touch. Jones is a defensive standout whose shot is improving.. Stanley is a freak athlete whose shot is coming alone. Stanley could be a lockdown defender with his athletic ability. They're all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    It wouldn't be wise for Moore to leave this year. He's very young for a freshman. His skill set is crude at this point. This was the first time he's ever really had to deal with adversity. Remember, he won Mr Basketball North Carolina Soph, Jr and Sr years. I think this year was a wake up call for him but he has the talent to be All ACC first team next season. My fear is if he goes to the NBA and gets picked in R2, he's going to be overwhelmed in the G League and start drowning. His whole development curve will be thrown off.

I say the same thing for Hurt. He's a major defensive liability at the college level. How much will he be exposed in the pros?

The key isn't getting to the NBA. It's staying in the NBA. Moore and Hurt will benefit by returning.

Carey, Jones and Stanley are good to go. Carey is a physically mature big man with a soft touch. Jones is a defensive standout whose shot is improving.. Stanley is a freak athlete whose shot is coming alone. Stanley could be a lockdown defender with his athletic ability. They're all ready.
    This is all true - but no idea what will happen. NBA drafts on potential as well. Hurt is the one player that needs time- he unlike Moore does not have an NBA body and the consistency of his shot is still a work in progress. He has potential but he will need to decide if he wants that development in the G league or in college. Moore is not elite in any area right now and not a freak athlete. I really have no idea what he will do but would be less surprised if he tests the waters.

So is the report about Moore being back earlier than expected true? I may have missed something. After these last two games I am convinced he was making more of an impact than I first thought. We need his defense and his ability to slash to the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    So is the report about Moore being back earlier than expected true? I may have missed something. After these last two games I am convinced he was making more of an impact than I first thought. We need his defense and his ability to slash to the basket.
    I'm not sure K is ever very specific about anyone's return from injury, so I'm not sure what "earlier than expected" means in this context. As usual, we'll know when we see him on the court, I've given up trying to read the K tea leaves.

It was kind of like watching a wrestling match as Louisville tried to get the ball. To me, it was sad watching them play the game that way.

I'm not sure K is ever very specific about anyone's return from injury, so I'm not sure what "earlier than expected" means in this context. As usual, we'll know when we see him on the court, I've given up trying to read the K tea leaves.
    Yes. Also, worth noting that "earlier than expected" might mean different things to us and to K.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes. Also, worth noting that "earlier than expected" might mean different things to us and to K.
    It all demands on what the meaning of "is" is.

It was said in article on front of web site that he is probable for February and is staying in shape -ill go with late Feb

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    It was said in article on front of web site that he is probable for February and is staying in shape -ill go with late Feb
    tea leaves indicating very early Feb FWIW

tea leaves indicating very early Feb FWIW
    I'll take a cup pot of that tea.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.