Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Shooting or non dominant hand?

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I mean, if he comes back during the regular season, I don't know what will have changed.
    It’s unlikely that he would come back and immediately be able to perform at the same level as when he got hurt. Current draft projections assume a certain amount of development will occur between now and the end of the season, and the injury imposes a setback on that trajectory.

OTOH, maybe getting injured scares him into thinking he needs to take the money while he can. Who knows. Just wish the best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    So you're saying you kneeded to share?

We all have our compulsions.
    And sadly, we'll see less of Moore for a (hopefully short) while.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And sadly, we'll see less of Moore for a (hopefully short) while.
    Oh, Wendell it ever end?

Oh, Wendell it ever end?
    Got to hand it to you. That was a good one.

Oh, Wendell it ever end?
    I'll wager before Junior July.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Agreed. I hope he has a Justise-like end to the season, hangs two banners and goes top-20 in the draft next year.
    Why only 2 banners? I hope he hangs 4.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I remember that, he broke it punching a door because he was upset that a teammate beat him in NBA 2K. The only time I’ve ever NOT felt bad for a player getting injured.
    When Colin Moran (Pirates) was playing for Carolina in 2012 he made a base-running mistake; ran a stop sign I believe. Mike Fox chewed him out and he went into the dugout, punched a wall and broke a hand. 4th and 5th metacarpals. Missed about a month, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    He will be able to run and stay in shape but this kind of injury will affect him coming back - particularly shooting the ball. Maybe a mid February return.
    So maybe his defense will not suffer? Then he should be good for a few minutes a game?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It’s unlikely that he would come back and immediately be able to perform at the same level as when he got hurt. Current draft projections assume a certain amount of development will occur between now and the end of the season, and the injury imposes a setback on that trajectory.

OTOH, maybe getting injured scares him into thinking he needs to take the money while he can. Who knows. Just wish the best for him.
    Can he perform at the same level on defense? If so, maybe good for a few minutes a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Nate James’ hand is being prepped ... need clearance from NCAA ... Nate’s hands are registered weapons.
    Not true. Not true. Nate need not be severed. Emily Waner has invented an AI shooting machine which can be attached to his hand.

Can't find the link right now, but it's out there somewhere.

Wendell can take my 4th metatarsal bone. All I do is troll on reddit anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    So maybe his defense will not suffer? Then he should be good for a few minutes a game?

Can he perform at the same level on defense? If so, maybe good for a few minutes a game?
    You're not talking about right now, are you? Even the lowest-usage players in basketball have to be able to catch and dribble the ball; there's no such thing as a literal defense-only role in basketball, especially with the way this team moves and spreads the ball around.

Also, medically, I think the point is to have the finger stabilized in the proper alignment for a few weeks so the finger can heal straight. A hard thwack on the hand as a result of Wendell reaching in while playing defense pretty much ruins the medicine that was being practiced. Too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    You're not talking about right now, are you? Even the lowest-usage players in basketball have to be able to catch and dribble the ball; there's no such thing as a literal defense-only role in basketball, especially with the way this team moves and spreads the ball around.

Also, medically, I think the point is to have the finger stabilized in the proper alignment for a few weeks so the finger can heal straight. A hard thwack on the hand as a result of Wendell reaching in while playing defense pretty much ruins the medicine that was being practiced. Too risky.
    Duke is always reticent about giving out specific reports on injuries. Does anyone really know more than it was a bone in his hand that was fractured and that he is haviing surgery to repair it? I looked at the possibilities on a bone chart, (https://www.google.com/search?q=bone...y2Sy0sxOanXM%2) and it is so complicated that I wouldn't trust anyone other than his doctor when it comes to his recovery time. I hope he can come back in 4 to 6 weeks but wouldn't want to see him reinjure the hand because he tried too early a return.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Wendell can take my 4th metatarsal bone. All I do is troll on reddit anyways.
    A kind and selfless offer, but can the Duke doctors really use a foot bone to repair a hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Duke is always reticent about giving out specific reports on injuries. Does anyone really know more than it was a bone in his hand that was fractured and that he is haviing surgery to repair it? I looked at the possibilities on a bone chart, (https://www.google.com/search?q=bone...y2Sy0sxOanXM%2) and it is so complicated that I wouldn't trust anyone other than his doctor when it comes to his recovery time. I hope he can come back in 4 to 6 weeks but wouldn't want to see him reinjure the hand because he tried too early a return.
    I mean, they gave us the specific bone (4th metacarpal) and that he had surgery yesterday; not sure we can expect to be privy to more than that.

As for expected timeline, I would never give that out to fans because I wouldn't want him to feel rushed to meet that timeline, if for whatever reason it goes slower than expected. "Indefinitely" is a good way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I mean, they gave us the specific bone (4th metacarpal) and that he had surgery yesterday; not sure we can expect to be privy to more than that.

As for expected timeline, I would never give that out to fans because I wouldn't want him to feel rushed to meet that timeline, if for whatever reason it goes slower than expected. "Indefinitely" is a good way to handle it.
    Duke was much more forthcoming on this injury than say “Kyrie Irving has hurt his big toe”.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Duke was much more forthcoming on this injury than say “Kyrie Irving has hurt his big toe”.
    Oh please basketball Gods, undo the jinx!

If your looking for a more detailed release of info - be happy that Duke didn't come out and say "upper body" or "lower body" injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    If your looking for a more detailed release of info - be happy that Duke didn't come out and say "upper body" or "lower body" injury.
    you're

Ugh, flame away (or spork) if you must, but I'm keeping the dumbing down of the English language off of this board until y'all pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Go Devils!
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    you're

Ugh, flame away (or spork) if you must, but I'm keeping the dumbing down of the English language off of this board until y'all pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Go Devils!
    Colour me impressed …

But rumour has it that Pittsburghers have their own vernacular that will not be subjugated! Didja git dat? Go Stillers!