Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I remember the play, seeing Wendell grab his hand, but seemingly shake it off. I assumed it was just a jammed finger.

Time for AOC to step up. He's got a chance to earn more minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
    Yep.

4:11 left in the game. He went for a putback on a Javin miss. You can see him in the background clenching his hand while the free throw camera is zoomed in.

Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Yes exactly. He went to the bench and Jose worked on him for awhile. I mentioned it in the in-game thread because I was concerned - been around too long not to worry about these things.
    Actually, it happened at 4:40. After a Miami free throw, Jack went to inbound the ball to Tre, but Tre was doubled, so the inbound pass went to Wendell. Wendell dribbled out of a double-team, but lost the handle and the ball went to Vasiljevic. Wendell tried to poke the ball away from Vas. Vas had his back to the camera, so you can't see the actual point of injury, but Wendell immediately grabbed his hand.

I was stunned that no one on the Duke bench seemed to notice, and no timeout was called when Duke regained possession at 4:33. There was a stoppage at 4:28; Wendell did not go to the bench even though he was visibly shaking his hand. He finally subbed out at 4:11 when Javin made two free throws.

Classy move, Hurricanes, going with a full court press trailing by 26 with under 5 to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    you're

Ugh, flame away (or spork) if you must, but I'm keeping the dumbing down of the English language off of this board until y'all pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Go Devils!
    Your write. Its not U. Its there fault.

Of course, I could care less.

Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Literally.
    LOL. smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    you're

Ugh, flame away (or spork) if you must, but I'm keeping the dumbing down of the English language off of this board until y'all pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Go Devils!
    Your right.

or possibly

You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Literally.
    They're, they're now. Lettuce knot bee to critical. Yore gramma mite half too bea corrected sum thyme, two.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Your right.

or possibly

You're right.

Yore quite rite, to.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yore quite rite, to.
    Ah, the days of your.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Ah, the days of your.
    Ee-yore correct.

And, all this because young Mr. Moore broke a bone in his hand.

No Moore!

I kant I buy D any Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    No Moore!

I kant I buy D any Moore.
    The dude abides?

Random thoughts on healing

As always, there's limited information to base assumptions on, but here a few thoughts on healing:

Hopefully the fracture didn't involve the joint and was limited to just the shaft of the bone. (This is the most likely scenario, a "Boxers Fracture"). If it did involve only the shaft of the bone, it was likely treated with a plate and screws and it would be relatively stable immediately. That would allow immediate range of motion exercises and potentially a much sooner return to play, possibly with a protective splint. Conditioning-wise, the only limiting factor would be skin healing; swelling control and the prevention of infection would be the primary concerns. Once the skin heals sufficiently, conditioning would be unrestricted. Shooting touch would likely be most affected during the healing process.

If the metacarpophalangeal joint was involved (i.e. the fracture extended into the joint), the timeline for healing could be considerably longer.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    As always, there's limited information to base assumptions on, but here a few thoughts on healing:

Hopefully the fracture didn't involve the joint and was limited to just the shaft of the bone. (This is the most likely scenario, a "Boxers Fracture"). If it did involve only the shaft of the bone, it was likely treated with a plate and screws and it would be relatively stable immediately. That would allow immediate range of motion exercises and potentially a much sooner return to play, possibly with a protective splint. Conditioning-wise, the only limiting factor would be skin healing; swelling control and the prevention of infection would be the primary concerns. Once the skin heals sufficiently, conditioning would be unrestricted. Shooting touch would likely be most affected during the healing process.

If the metacarpophalangeal joint was involved (i.e. the fracture extended into the joint), the timeline for healing could be considerably longer.
    Thanks for this information. I'm hoping for "Boxers Fracture" if that's the quickest recovery. If it's not, maybe he will do a Ronnie Lott procedure and come back even quicker. Oh, wait that was football and not basketball. Well, I'm sure we'll get the complete information any time now from Coach K.

GoDuke!

I don't recall if it was Brown or B.C. but Wendell tried to block a shot and ended up slamming his hand against the backboard. I don't recall if it was his left or right, but I remember the announcers commenting on the fact that the backboard was still shaking. They made a big deal of it and he was looking at his hand then on the bench. I wonder if that left him vulnerable to further injury or if he actually did something that game. At any rate, I wouldn't have been surprised if we got the broken hand news after that game as he performed quite a Hulk smash on the backboard.

If Wendell Moore ever wears a Duke jersey again, I will leave DBR forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post
    Wow. I'd be surprised, since he is supposed to be back this season, not to see him rotated in, in an ACC or NCAA Tournament game, at the least.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Wow. Really boxing yourself into a corner.

I’m looking for a loophole for you and don’t see one. You may be bound by your words. Unless you meant to use the sarcasm emoji? 😉

Promises, promises.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Is this really your first post since last year (March 9) when you said that "If Williamson ever plays for Duke again, I will never post on DBR again"? If so, why (a) break that promise to (b) only make another promise that you'll break?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Is this really your first post since last year (March 9) when you said that "If Williamson ever plays for Duke again, I will never post on DBR again"? If so, why (a) break that promise to (b) only make another promise that you'll break?
    “Obvious troll is obvious”

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    He/She almost made it one year. Based on Zion playing again and the OP's record on predictions, I'd say we have a good chance we see Wendell playing again this season.

GoDuke!