Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 196

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Wendell Moore Broken Hand Vigil

    Just saw a headline from N&O that Wendell Moore out with hand injury. I don't subscribe so don't have details.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX

    Bad news: Wendell Moore Broke his hand

    https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...238998118.html

    Awful timing, as Wendell had really started to come on strong. Get healthy soon . . .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NC

    Wendell Moore breaks hand-- out for an extended time

    Per the News and Observer:

    No. 2 Duke will be without a key member of its backcourt rotation for an extended period of time.

    Wendell Moore Jr., suffered a broken bone in his right hand late in Saturday night’s 95-62 win at Miami and is scheduled to have surgery on Monday, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    Per the News and Observer:

    No. 2 Duke will be without a key member of its backcourt rotation for an extended period of time.

    Wendell Moore Jr., suffered a broken bone in his right hand late in Saturday night’s 95-62 win at Miami and is scheduled to have surgery on Monday, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said.
    Why doesn't the GoDuke site have this? Would think with K releasing the info, they'd be all over it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Ugh... at least this is a Duke team with a ton ton ton of depth so we should be able to absorb this loss without too much harm but Wendell was a great defender and one of the better half-court one-on-one creators on the team. I certainly hope he will be back soon!

    -Jason "broken hand that requires surgery... I'm no doctor but that feels like something that you do not come back from quickly" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ugh... at least this is a Duke team with a ton ton ton of depth so we should be able to absorb this loss without too much harm but Wendell was a great defender and one of the better half-court one-on-one creators on the team. I certainly hope he will be back soon!

    -Jason "broken hand that requires surgery... I'm no doctor but that feels like something that you do not come back from quickly" Evans
    is there a doctor in the house?
    Dear kindly Sergeant Swofford
    You gotta understand
    It's just a class was offered
    every student in the land!
    Our students all are flunkies
    Our teachers all are chumps
    Golly Moses, a total garbage dump!

    Gee, Officer Swofford
    We're down on our knees
    'Cause we don't want to take down such a banner as these
    Gee, Officer Swofford
    What are we to do?
    Gee, Officer Swofford
    Swoff you!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Must be the shoes...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yep

    I remember the play, seeing Wendell grab his hand, but seemingly shake it off. I assumed it was just a jammed finger.

    Time for AOC to step up. He's got a chance to earn more minutes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I remember the play, seeing Wendell grab his hand, but seemingly shake it off. I assumed it was just a jammed finger.

    Time for AOC to step up. He's got a chance to earn more minutes.
    Yep.

    4:11 left in the game. He went for a putback on a Javin miss. You can see him in the background clenching his hand while the free throw camera is zoomed in.

    Bummer.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
    Yep.

    4:11 left in the game. He went for a putback on a Javin miss. You can see him in the background clenching his hand while the free throw camera is zoomed in.

    Bummer.
    Yes exactly. He went to the bench and Jose worked on him for awhile. I mentioned it in the in-game thread because I was concerned - been around too long not to worry about these things.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    is there a doctor in the house?
    I’d prefer if everyone shared their own personal stories involving similar injuries, since those are particularly relevant.

    Seriously though, it sounds like it’s way too early to get a timeline on his return. Hopefully we’ll get some updates after the surgery happens. Alex has a great opportunity to step up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I’d prefer if everyone shared their own personal stories involving similar injuries, since those are particularly relevant.

    Seriously though, it sounds like it’s way too early to get a timeline on his return. Hopefully we’ll get some updates after the surgery happens. Alex has a great opportunity to step up.
    Bet mine was the worst without losing an actual piece of the hand. Got pictures too...


    For real though, this sucks for everyone. Just hope he recovers well and can get back to doing what he loves on time.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Bet mine was the worst without losing an actual piece of the hand. Got pictures too...


    For real though, this sucks for everyone. Just hope he recovers well and can get back to doing what he loves on time.
    I broke my 5th metacarpal playing softball. Not dislocated, not displaced. I opted out of surgery, 3 weeks in a cast. It was tender for another month or so but no physical therapy.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I broke my 5th metacarpal playing softball. Not dislocated, not displaced. I opted out of surgery, 3 weeks in a cast. It was tender for another month or so but no physical therapy.
    I slipped on ice and my pinky finger left hand got caught between pavement and my hip. Broke the puppy good. Almost exactly two years ago in a nasty ice storm. Only now not causing pain anymore on the regular.

    This is clearly apropos of nothing else on this thread.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I slipped on ice and my pinky finger left hand got caught between pavement and my hip. Broke the puppy good. Almost exactly two years ago in a nasty ice storm. Only now not causing pain anymore on the regular.

    This is clearly apropos of nothing else on this thread.
    Except that you no longer have pain. 🤣😎

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I’d prefer if everyone shared their own personal stories involving similar injuries, since those are particularly relevant.

    ...

    We definitely need a sarcasm emoji. This didn't seem to register ...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Duke officially says it was a 4th metacarpal bone and that though he is out indefinitely, he is expected to return later this season.

    DURHAM -- Duke men’s basketball freshman forward Wendell Moore Jr., underwent successful surgery on Monday to repair a broken fourth metacarpal in his right hand. He is out indefinitely, but expected to return this season.

    Dr. David Ruch performed the procedure and was assisted by Dr. Marc Richard.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Duke officially says it was a 4th metacarpal bone and that though he is out indefinitely, he is expected to return later this season.
    Better news than I expected. At least he can keep in shape and participate in team activities. This gives a nitche for someone else to step. AOC??

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    We definitely need a sarcasm emoji. This didn't seem to register ...
    i got it.

    But even an insincere invitation is an invitation that I will accept.

    Mine was a knee instead of a finger and it wasn't an break, just wear and tear. Still I'm sure you would like to hear about it as much as I would like to pass along my experience. I'll white it out so those of you who don't have the courtesy to read it won't have to.













    There.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    i got it.

    But even an insincere invitation is an invitation that I will accept.

    Mine was a knee instead of a finger and it wasn't an break, just wear and tear. Still I'm sure you would like to hear about it ...

    So you're saying you kneeded to share?


    We all have our compulsions.

Similar Threads

  1. Any Wendell Moore Updates?
    By geeveebee in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2020, 11:56 AM
  2. Wendell Moore breaks hand-- out for an extended time
    By 4Gen in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2020, 12:42 PM
  3. Wendell Moore injury
    By arnie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2020, 12:41 PM
  4. DBR Podcast #128 - Welcome Wendell Moore!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2018, 10:52 PM
  5. Welcome to Duke, Wendell Moore!!!
    By ChillinDuke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-12-2018, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •