Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Perfectly appropriate thread, but this was being discussed earlier in at least two others (the This Week thread and the Can Clemson Finally Win in Chapel Hill thread). Maybe some kind of merge?
    Oops, my bad then! Definitely could/should be merged.

I have to say, it is making me feel good tonight to see Louisville and Virginia struggle with teams that we have just beaten by 30+.

Choke job of epic proportions for Boston college.

This UVA team erasing a lead of 10 is like another team erasing a 25 point defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Well, nothing's stopping you from competing in the Degenerates league, my friend: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...test-is-Here!!

The competition is real but the dollars are fake.

Thanks!

The 94% free throw shooter has three HUGE free throw misses for BC down the stretch. They desperately do not want to win this game.

UVA looks incredibly mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Choke job of epic proportions for Boston college.

This UVA team erasing a lead of 10 is like another team erasing a 25 point defect.
    They are missing players from sickness, including their top and 3rd leading scorer, BC isn't choking, they are battling a ranked team with a good chunk of theirs missing.

Ok google how do I delete my DBR posts

UVA with another head-scratcher performance

Another umbc: University in Massachusetts, Boston College.

-jk

Wow. BC hangs on to defeat UVa by 7. And Derryck Thornton was out for the game too.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Duke is the last team with an undefeated conference record...and there have only been 3 or 4 games played.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Wow. BC hangs on to defeat UVa by 7. And Derryck Thornton was out for the game too.
    Yeah, and Virginia's Braxton Key (just back from a broken wrist) was holding his wrist in pain at the end. If he's rebroken it or is out for a significant length of time, not only is UVA probably an NIT team, we're not even an especially good NIT team.

BC beats UVa 60-53 without their leading scorer Derryck Thornton. That’s a BAD loss for UVa. They shot 17-52 overall and 3-16 from 3. They just can’t put the ball in the hoop thus far this year. Don’t know if it will really ever get much better for them this year. Clark for UVa seems like he tries to do too much at times as PG. He finished 2-11 from the floor tonight. I thought Huff would be doing more this year for UVa too.

Boston College was 144 on Kenpom entering the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    Yeah, and Virginia's Braxton Key (just back from a broken wrist) was holding his wrist in pain at the end. If he's rebroken it or is out for a significant length of time, not only is UVA probably an NIT team, we're not even an especially good NIT team.
    I hope it is just a tweak — hate to see any kid hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    And Popovic was still out, too. (Although he's been out for awhile and they're arguably better going small, despite Popovic being one of their leading scorers).

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    UVA with another head-scratcher performance
    They lost almost all their good players from the championship team. I don't think it's that head-scratching :-)

This season, the goal for UVA should be to make the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    I saw that. He caught himself with his left hand when he fell. Hope it’s not rebroken - hate to see any injuries.

Most of the time, I am amazed how accurately Vegas predicts lines for games and how close they get to spreads. At other times, I’m equally amazed how off the lines can be. UVa was -8.5 tonight and lost by 7. Thats a 15.5 point swing.

Certainly not as mind boggling as Duke being like -34 or so to Steven F. Austin and losing by 2. College basketball is weird sometimes.

The is BC tied for 2nd with FSU, Louisville, and UVA. I've seen BC equated with a bottom 5 ACC team on DBR recently. I know it's early, but we beat the 2nd place team by 39 at home. Too bad 40 point swings between Cameron and road venues are not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Another umbc: University in Massachusetts, Boston College.

-jk
    Well played, -jk!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

The loss to BC dropped UVa all the way down to 36th on Kenpom. UVa’s defense is still ranked 1st in the nation but their offense is all the way down to 199th. I’d be shocked to see UVa ranked in either the AP Poll or Coaches Poll next week.

UVa is now shooting 73-267 (27.3%) from 3 for the season. Casey Morsell is actually 9-59 from 3 for UVa, good for 15.3%.

The attendance at BC was horrible tonight. Only 5,781 got to see the upset. The Conte Forum actually seats 8,606 for basketball games.