Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Favorites to win Super Bowl about to be knocked out.
    Stunning

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Favorites to win Super Bowl about to be knocked out.
    Anyone who doesn't understand why I'm always harping about "establishing the run game" when discussing Duke football needs to take a look at the Titans and Derrick Henry.

Titans 28, Ravens 12. Derrick Henry - 30 rushes for 195 yards. Titans throw 3 TD passes. Run to set-up the pass.
    Bob Green

Under 100 passing yards in each Titans upset. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Under 100 passing yards in each Titans upset. Amazing.
    8/15, 83 yards, 3 TD
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Anyone who doesn't understand why I'm always harping about "establishing the run game" when discussing Duke football needs to take a look at the Titans and Derrick Henry.

Titans 28, Ravens 12. Derrick Henry - 30 rushes for 195 yards. Titans throw 3 TD passes. Run to set-up the pass.
    I'd mention that there were two teams trying to do just that kind of offense in that game, and the team that was the best in the NFL all season at doing it - the Ravens - got crushed. Run to set up the pass was merely 1-1 in that game.

But I do fully understand it, and yes, it is preferable, if you can do it. I also think it is the most difficult way to get a productive offense in some settings...like a small private school. Yeah, it works for Wisconsin and for the Ravens and many others, because that's the identity of those programs. I don't see Duke ever getting that kind of identity any more than I see Tony Bennett getting a run n gun identity in hoops.

Also, there's a reason Ohio State and Clemson and LSU and Alabama don't really do it that way anymore, and they did it that way for decades successfully.

There are not many Derrick Henrys out there, I could find only one. That guy is brutal.

What a half of football. Yikes.

Does Watson have one more miracle in him?

Looks like the Chiefs can take the victory formation! Rough start but great finish!

During the 4th qtr, the Chiefs posted an apology on the scoreboard. They apologized that they ran out of fireworks to celebrate touchdowns.

Got to nominate Texans' Bill O’Brien fake punt as dumbest coaching decision of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Got to nominate Texans' Bill O’Brien fake punt as dumbest coaching decision of the decade.
    Oh come now. Let’s not deprive Ol’ Roy of that self-bestowed honor.

(But seriously, I agree. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.)
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Oh come now. Let’s not deprive Ol’ Roy of that self-bestowed honor.

(But seriously, I agree. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.)
    I'm a Chiefs fan - I thought it was brilliant!

of course that's ex Duke assistant football coach Bill O'Brien we're talking about. He was looking really good yesterday for about the first half hour.

Kind of up there with Cut's onesides kick call in the Carolina game...2012 IIRC...

Kicking the field goal

You wonder what he was thinking. Trying to think of a dumber decision and can't come up with one.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    You wonder what he was thinking. Trying to think of a dumber decision and can't come up with one.

SoCal
    Hoping to stem the tide and take momentum back. Not supporting it, just trying to explain it...

I thought it was pretty stupid. Maybe not the dumbest decision of the decade, but in the conversation.

And the guy who made the stop, and then forced the fumble the next time the Texans got the ball was Daniel Sorensen, who played at my alma mater. Hometown boy makes good! He was always a darned good college player, but I didn't foresee him having this much impact at the next level.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Titans at Chiefs ready to kick off. I’m predicting a Chiefs victory but I am rooting for the Titans. Can Derrick Henry run for 180+ yards again?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Titans at Chiefs ready to kick off. I’m predicting a Chiefs victory but I am rooting for the Titans. Can Derrick Henry run for 180+ yards again?
    Apparently not.