Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Conflict in that his trainer seems to lack qualifications other than being a good source of PEDs.
    To be fair, most drugs are technically "performance enhancing."

Illegal drugs or banned substances would be a much more inflammatory accusation.

Conflict in that his trainer seems to lack qualifications other than being a good source of PEDs.
    yeah, if you're not drinking his particular flavor of Kool Aid, his qualifications are seemingly profoundly dubious...

Overtime. Color me surprised.

I think both the Niners (who now get the Vikings) and Packers (who avoid the Saints) are thrilled with this outcome.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Overtime. Color me surprised.
    A deeper shade...

Another great game in the books. Fantastic weekend. Let's go Seahawks!

While I have no issue with either outcome, the NFL OT rules are ridiculous.

I’m sure its published somewhere what the win percentage is based on who wins the coin toss and is on offense first.

There has to be a more entertaining way to implement OT.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

I’m sure its published somewhere what the win percentage is based on who wins the coin toss and is on offense first.

I agree with this. What’s wrong with allowing both teams to possess the ball period?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

There is - the one played at every other level of football is more entertaining. I think the NFL should go with college rules but start from the 35. And decree that OT stats don’t count for fantasy points!

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    There is - the one played at every other level of football is more entertaining. I think the NFL should go with college rules but start from the 35. And decree that OT stats don’t count for fantasy points!
    This guy fantasy footballs

I guess no discussion about the Clowney hit means everyone agrees it should have been flagged? I stopped watching at that point...

Conflict in that [Brady's] trainer seems to lack qualifications other than being a good source of PEDs.
    So, … sufficiently qualified.

NFC West & North > NFC South & East.

Road teams go 3-for-4 on wild card weekend.

What a great weekend of games. Sucks that Wentz went out. Admittedly as a Seahawks fan, I felt the helmet contact was incidental. He fell into him and unfortunately fell on his helmet. The lack of mention from Collinsworth and Michaels makes me think they agree.

If I were an Eagles fan, I would probably feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I guess no discussion about the Clowney hit means everyone agrees it should have been flagged? I stopped watching at that point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What a great weekend of games. Sucks that Wentz went out. Admittedly as a Seahawks fan, I felt the helmet contact was incidental. He fell into him and unfortunately fell on his helmet. The lack of mention from Collinsworth and Michaels makes me think they agree.

If I were an Eagles fan, I would probably feel differently.
    I don't have a horse in this race - if anything I like Seattle as a city and the Seahawks as a team and organization - but it looked illegal to me. Anytime a defender's weight or momentum is directed through the top of the helmet, contact with an opponent with the crown should be a penalty. Keep your head UP!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I don't have a horse in this race - if anything I like Seattle as a city and the Seahawks as a team and organization - but it looked illegal to me. Anytime a defender's weight or momentum is directed through the top of the helmet, contact with an opponent with the crown should be a penalty. Keep your head UP!
    More than a fair perspective. But no one on the broadcast made that point.

I hate injuries, and it was suspect.

sometimes, the internet affords some of the most enjoyable moments in sports. see here, belechick's implosion when Vrabel uses his own tricks against bill vader...

that's so enjoyable...

in addition, see here, Tommy's interception put to the music of titanic
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    sometimes, the internet affords some of the most enjoyable moments in sports. see here, belechick's implosion when Vrabel uses his own tricks against bill vader...

that's so enjoyable...

in addition, see here, Tommy's interception put to the music of titanic

Is it just me or does Belichick in his dark hoodie look like Emperor Palpatine?

Are you kidding? Just you... and 16,800 Google results.

bill-belichick-star-wars-paul-howe-illustration-ftr_6qm3948u5cqq100bt263uaiz7.jpg
    download.jpeg

Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine actor) on the comparison: "It's a pretty good impersonation, but he ought to wear black."

And I think he knows it, cultivates it, a dark image...as part of the intimidation of playing the Patriots, which for over 20 years now has often been pretty intimidating. He stokes the image also of being a curmudgeon totally unaware of the culture, but that is not the case apparently. His funny line about "snap-face or whatever" a few years ago kind of gave that away.