Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    We played quite well, but dear god, Miami was really horrible. Maybe our defense did that, but they looked as bad as BC.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Jim Larranga brought up Vernon as a NPOY or ACC POY is a legit possibility in his presser on Saturday.

If Vernon also wins a championship and eventually graduates he could have his jersey but not his number retired! Sorry I got carried away...
    sigh. might as well start the thread now. Toss jack and javin in there while we're at it.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I asked the question in another thread a couple of weeks ago and no one took the bait. Could Vernon Carey earn NPOY?

He's averaging 18.4 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.1 bpg in 23.7 mpg on perhaps the best team in the country. Who else is playing better?
    He is certainly in the mix , now that Wiseman is out and Anthony is sidelined- as he is visible on a team like Duke. The kid from Louisville, Nwora, is on track as well. Way too early. I think Vernon needs to average 20/10 to have a shot which is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    He is certainly in the mix , now that Wiseman is out and Anthony is sidelined- as he is visible on a team like Duke. The kid from Louisville, Nwora, is on track as well. Way too early. I think Vernon needs to average 20/10 to have a shot which is possible.
    Could be that the Duke vs. L'ville games this year could provide a distinct advantage to one or the other in that conversation. We play them once in the reg. season, maybe a 2nd time in the ACCT. There are several other good C in the ACC that Vernon will have a chance to show whether he's got NPOY chops. He thoroughly outplayed Miami's C a couple nights ago. Neither VT nor BC have much in the way of C, but Vernon's played well regardless.