Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 88, BC 49 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

11 Dukes with 3 or more points!

The team certainly showed tonight they can make 3 PT FG: 12-28, 42.9%.
    Bob Green

Hurt was outstanding. Cassius seems to be back to pre injury level.Tre Jones was fantastic. All 11 players had good moments in this game. I agree with the announcers. Duke might not need to go with the traditional 7 or 8 rotation. We can play 10 and if DeLaurier and Carey get into foul trouble Justin Robinson is a competent center or post player.

Nice win

Great sign to be able to win big when Carey and Jones combine for 14. Best depth I can remember in 25+ years!

What a team effort! Love to see that. Tre is our leader and our coach on the floor. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we've done pretty well in times past when we've had guys like that😎

Love the way this team defends. Held BC to 21-62 (33.9%) shooting including 3-18 (16.7%) from 3 while blocking 7 shots and forcing 19 turnovers. Dishing out 20 assists was great too, 10 by Tre. Having a healthy Tre makes this team run so much more smoothly, and Goldwire is a heck of a backup. The 25 points by Hurt were great to see. He has an old school shot and game.

12-1, 2-0 and on to Miami Saturday night! This team will be favored in and win a lot of ACC games the remainder of the year.

Not much to say, the team took care of business and it was another balanced effort. This is one of the most enjoyable teams to watch for their energy, hustle, and teamwork. Carey was quiet in this one but Hurt more than made up for it. He’s got such a simple and compact shooting motion and he keeps the ball so high that it’s impossible to block or challenge the shot. Great to see him respond to K challenging him earlier in the season.

The team has developed its identity and I think the rotation is sort of taking shape. Javin and Carey switch off at the 5 with Carey getting 25-30 of the minutes. Hurt and Jack mostly share the 4. Moore, Stanley, Baker and O’Connell rotate around the 2 and 3 while Goldwire gets whatever minutes Tre sits.

This team can play defence, led by Tre Jones and Vernon Carey.

Matthew Hurt coming out party today. We desperately need a 3rd and 4th option on this team. Hurt was amazing and Cash/Wendell played very well today.

This is a TEAM. An interesting distinction from recent squads of 3-4 OADs and 2-3 additional parts. This is a TEAM of 9-11 players who want to play defense and share the rock. Fun change of pace.

Oh - So much fun. A team!

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    This is a TEAM. An interesting distinction from recent squads of 3-4 OADs and 2-3 additional parts. This is a TEAM of 9-11 players who want to play defense and share the rock. Fun change of pace.
    Aristotle would have understood:

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Fantastic duo 2019 vs fantastic team 2020.

I missed the game. How did AOC do?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Great sign to be able to win big when Carey and Jones combine for 14. Best depth I can remember in 25+ years!
    Duke with 88 points and only 2 players(Hurt & Moore) in double figures. Tre with 5 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists and only 1 turnover. Plus his defense will probably give Thornton nightmares tonight. Joey didn't shoot the ball very well but his all-around game is getting so much better. He had 3 assists(seemed like more) and only 1 turnover. I'm impressed with his hustle. A very good game by the entire 10 man rotation. GoDuke!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The team certainly showed tonight they can make 3 PT FG: 12-28, 42.9%.
    Next time an announcer starts the game by saying three point shooting is a weakness of Duke, I may throw my phone through my TV. So many of these yahoos obviously haven’t watched this Duke team and are still grasping at straws from last year. So frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    I missed the game. How did AOC do?
    Did some good things. Here is the boxscore:
    https://goduke.com/documents/2019/12..._Box_Score.pdf

Didn't get many minutes; Wendell Moore off the bench had 25 minutes vs 14 for AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Did some good things. Here is the boxscore:
    https://goduke.com/documents/2019/12..._Box_Score.pdf

Didn't get many minutes; Wendell Moore off the bench had 25 minutes vs 14 for AOC.
    Wendell's 3 from the corner looked smooth as did his FTs. I wonder if the reason he doesn't shoot many threes in games is he doesn't make many in practice.

K’s presser is interesting. This decade has been his best ever as Duke’s coach including the early exits from the NCAA. He also had some nice words about Derryck Thornton. Good kid, smart, nice family, wished he had stayed at Duke. K is a class act...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    K’s presser is interesting. This decade has been his best ever as Duke’s coach including the early exits from the NCAA. He also had some nice words about Derryck Thornton. Good kid, smart, nice family, wished he had stayed at Duke. K is a class act...
    He is the quintessential coach! I would love to hear what he is saying to the refs when he is upset with a call. He really gives it to them.