• O'Connell

25 39.06%
  • Robinson

0 0%
  • Buckmire

1 1.56%

MOTM: Duke vs Brown

Vote for your Man-of-the-Match here.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 12-28-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    Bob Green

MOTM is Vernon Carey. He dominated inside.

Runner up: Jack White. His toughness was the difference in a tight 1st half.

Honorable mention: Alex O'Connell. His points opened the game up in the 2nd half.
    Bob Green

Carey= No Answer! Cassius a good start but not so much after. Alex with some needed 2nd half buckets but nothing much in the first half. Got to be Vernon MOTM.
    GoDuke!

I voted AOC b/c he alone kept the 3FG streak going. Also, AOC hit like 4 strait jumpers after staring 0-6 or something, so hitting those shots was super important for his confidence and a confident smooth shooting AOC is good for the team. He also hit all 4 FTs, and since he's been pretty shaky from the line this year, hopefully that's a harbinger of good things.
    He's not the best defender, but he's gotten better there and he's a decent rebounder from the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    MOTM is Vernon Carey. He dominated inside.

Runner up: Jack White. His toughness was the difference in a tight 1st half.

Honorable mention: Alex O'Connell. His points opened the game up in the 2nd half.
    My sentiments as well.

Alex hit four of the five shots that Duke made OUTSIDE the paint. Two of these came with Duke up 8 with 13 mins to play and a three pointer with Duke up 9 with 7 mins to play. These gave Duke the comfortable cushion.

However, of the 25 made shots in the paint, eight by Vernon.

AOC for hitting the first 3. That’s the only streak, other that the 10 wins in a season streak, we’ve got going.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I was thinking of voting for myself for having sat thru a painfully dismal first half on such a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I was thinking of voting for myself for having sat thru a painfully dismal first half on such a sunny day.
    So YOU were the other one. I thought I was alone...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Buckmire? Really? If you're going to vote for a guy that played only a minute, that vote should come with an explanation.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

O'Connell. He made outside shots when everyone else was throwing up bricks. Did not feel right voting for Carey, because even with his skill and size advantage inside, he missed at least six chip shots.

I had to go with Jack White. He provided the spark and energy the team didn't have and desperately needed in the first half, when the team was really sluggish. Carey's stats on the whole look good, but he was timid and not truly dominant until the second half. AOC's threes came after the game was pretty much decided and the team as a whole was already regaining its swagger. But White was the leader that stepped up and fired up the team while the game was still in doubt.