Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Well that’s certainly a silly and shortsighted way to look at it. Why ignore context if there’s very real and tangible context?

It was risky for Zion and Kyrie to come back. They did, because there was a chance at college glory. Something they both wanted and something that was well within their grasp.

That college glory is not within Anthony’s grasp. For the same reason college players sit out the Belk bowl but play the CFP, this is a topic worth discussing whether or not you agree.
    I asserted that "healthy basketball players are gonna play." You said that was "Silly and short-sighted." Ignoring the insult only for the moment, perhaps you can offer some examples of star college basketball players who, although healthy, decide to sit out the rest of the college season. Why is "sitting out" even rational? Any such player would be training nearly full time for NBA stuff -- it's a lot more fun to play, which, of course, is what players do.

I notice your recent posts have been fairly negative about Duke players and other posters -- why is that?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I asserted that "healthy basketball players are gonna play." You said that was "Silly and short-sighted." Ignoring the insult only for the moment, perhaps you can offer some examples of star college basketball players who, although healthy, decide to sit out the rest of the college season. Why is "sitting out" even rational? Any such player would be training nearly full time for NBA stuff -- it's a lot more fun to play, which, of course, is what players do.

I notice your recent posts have been fairly negative about Duke players and other posters -- why is that?
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he/she has gone over to the dark side/cheat fandom.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Kentucky 78 Louisville 70
    Textbook example of "closer than the score indicated..."