Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    I think if Duke, Louisville, or FSU run the table (and maybe even with one more good loss with an ACC Tournament Title), they are deserving of a 1 Seed.

Question on Clemson: If they were to run the table in the regular season, which would meaning adding a win over FSU to their Duke and Louisville victories, would they be in?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    I think if Duke, Louisville, or FSU run the table (and maybe even with one more good loss with an ACC Tournament Title), they are deserving of a 1 Seed.

Question on Clemson: If they were to run the table in the regular season, which would meaning adding a win over FSU to their Duke and Louisville victories, would they be in?
    They'd certainly have an argument, but would need a decent ACC Tourney showing to back it up.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    They'd certainly have an argument, but would need a decent ACC Tourney showing to back it up.
    Clemson right now is around 15-20 spots back of the NET rankings of the "Last 4 In", according to Lunardi. If they were to beat FSU I would imagine that would rocket them up to well within striking distance. So while they're definitely on the far fringes, they're most certainly in bubble territory.

FWIW, so is Notre Dame, even though they aren't being discussed much. Both of those teams play FSU at home down the stretch and should be very motivated to preserve their last gasp chances at the tourney. Another reason why I think we should be rooting for the 'Noles tonight, as there are more opportunities for them to falter down the stretch.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post

Only if they play the rest of their games at the Myth Center...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Clemson right now is around 15-20 spots back of the NET rankings of the "Last 4 In", according to Lunardi. If they were to beat FSU I would imagine that would rocket them up to well within striking distance. So while they're definitely on the far fringes, they're most certainly in bubble territory.

FWIW, so is Notre Dame, even though they aren't being discussed much. Both of those teams play FSU at home down the stretch and should be very motivated to preserve their last gasp chances at the tourney. Another reason why I think we should be rooting for the 'Noles tonight, as there are more opportunities for them to falter down the stretch.
    My thoughts exactly. Heading into the evening, T-Rank gave FSU about a 1-point advantage on the road against both of Clemson and Notre Dame. Both of these games will be rematches. Notre Dame narrowly lost in Tallahassee, dropping a game 85-84 against the Noles. No doubt Mike Brey's boys will be looking for revenge in South Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    you might be the only person in the world who thinks that.

Lets look at MSU's losses in the past couple weeks:
    #27 wisconsin, tournament team
    #20 PSU, tournament team
    #11 michigan, tournament team
    #10 maryland home, tournament team

Let's look at LSU's losses in the past couple weeks:
    #171 vanderbuilt, not a tournament team
    #38 auburn, tournament team
    #46 alabama, not a tournament team
    #26 UK, tournament team

I can see no non-tin-foil-hat argument that MSU's resume isn't better than LSUs, and that's reflected in every ranking imaginable...KP, NET, Lunardi, BPI, AP, Coaches poll, power rankings...take your pick.

Further, we beat MSU on the road, where auburn beat LSU at home.
    Yes you’re right. Our win definitely looks a bit better being a road win. I didn’t realize LSU had a few losses in a row, including a close one against Kentucky.

Appreciate the research though. Must have taken you 10 edits and a whole lot of time.
    Last edited by Dukehk; 02-25-2020 at 03:06 AM.

Question. I see Duke currently listed in Greensboro per bracketology. But that’s as a 2 seed. They have Greensboro having 2/15 and 7/10 games. On all sides. Is a pod like Greensboro tied to certain seeds?.

Simply put This is my question... * if Duke falls to a 3 seed or 4 can they still start the tourney in Greensboro?*. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Question. I see Duke currently listed in Greensboro per bracketology. But that’s as a 2 seed. They have Greensboro having 2/15 and 7/10 games. On all sides. Is a pod like Greensboro tied to certain seeds?.

Simply put This is my question... * if Duke falls to a 3 seed or 4 can they still start the tourney in Greensboro?*. Thanks
    The pods for rounds 1-2 are not tied to any particular seed. Duke will almost certainly be in Greensboro even as a 3 seed. A 4 seed would make it dicier.

The pods aren't tied to seeds, so yes, Duke could get Greensboro as a 3 or 4, if they're one of the two top teams among the 1-4 seeds whose geographic preference is Greensboro.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    The pods aren't tied to seeds, so yes, Duke could get Greensboro as a 3 or 4, if they're one of the two top teams among the 1-4 seeds whose geographic preference is Greensboro.
    It would take a massive collapse for Duke not to get Greensboro. 16/8 games in MSG is another story.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

Each pod is led by the top seed. Pods are assigned to locations based on that top seed. Relatively random in terms of what seeds the first/second round sites get. It's a coincidence that both top seeds currently slated for Greensboro are two seeds (I believe Maryland is the other top seed), so the games are 2/15 and 7/10 for both afternoon and evening sessions.

So, once we win out and get a number one seed, the bracket for our session will be 1/16 and 8/9, while after Maryland loses out and slips to a three seed, it'll be 3/14 and 6/11.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Each pod is led by the top seed. Pods are assigned to locations based on that top seed. Relatively random in terms of what seeds the first/second round sites get. It's a coincidence that both top seeds currently slated for Greensboro are two seeds (I believe Maryland is the other top seed), so the games are 2/15 and 7/10 for both afternoon and evening sessions.

So, once we win out and get a number one seed, the bracket for our session will be 1/16 and 8/9, while after Maryland loses out and slips to a three seed, it'll be 3/14 and 6/11.
    You should make your way over to Ymm Beer, because I want some of what you're drinking.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Thanks!

I have not gotten into the nitty gritty when it comes to the field but still like to do the eyeball test when it comes to resumes. This year, I'm looking at NET, RPI and KP.

Purdue: 35, 90 and 25. The 90 seems way off base but the other two have Purdue overrated.
    VA: 51, 33 and 47. Has beaten lots of teams it should. Needs another win.
    Minnesota: 46, 106 and 32. The RPI is way off base, but I don't see a resume in the 30s.
    Arkansas: 41, 43 and 43. I don't see the love for the Hogs.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    You should make your way over to Ymm Beer, because I want some of what you're drinking.
    Does Diet Mountain Dew (or the new Zero Sugar) count?

Using ESPN bracketology as my base that Duke is the 2nd team in Greensboro today behind MD, today's teams in the 3-5 range that could displace Duke under the right circumstances:

Auburn: 1st choice. Greensboro and Tampa are almost equidistant, however.

Villanova: 3rd choice after Albany and Cleveland. Cleveland and Greensboro are almost equidistant, however.
    Seton Hall: 3rd choice after Albany and Cleveland. Cleveland is a strong 2nd choice.
    KY, Louisville: 3rd choice behind St. Louis and Cleveland. Albany is a 4th choice by a lot.
    PSU: 3rd choice behind Cleveland and Albany. St. Louis is a 4th choice by a lot.
    Michigan/MSU: 4th choice behind Cleveland, Albany, and St. Louis.

I think Duke will get Greensboro as a 3 but not as a 4. Duke's preferences are Greensboro, Cleveland, Albany, and Tampa. They would send Duke to Tampa and Auburn to Greensboro to give Auburn 30 miles less to travel. They've done it frequently to us.

Question

I am just curious as to the thoughts on the board in regards to NCAA bids. Perhaps the question has been asked before.

Should any team in any conference be granted a bid if they are below 500, regardless of SOS..quality wins...? We can even include the league tourney.

I forget that last year Oklahoma got in with 7-11 & even lost their one league tourney game. I know FSU got in at 6-10 long ago.

Opinions?

A team could be very good OOC and not do well in the conference. Being in a good league affords you the opportunity to play better competition. The committee is looking at the entire body of work, not whether you won a certain number of games in a league.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    I am just curious as to the thoughts on the board in regards to NCAA bids. Perhaps the question has been asked before.

Should any team in any conference be granted a bid if they are below 500, regardless of SOS..quality wins...? We can even include the league tourney.

I forget that last year Oklahoma got in with 7-11 & even lost their one league tourney game. I know FSU got in at 6-10 long ago.

Opinions?
    I’ve been hearing a lot about this idea and love it. I think that anything that can take away some of the subjectivity from tournament selection should be embraced, if it has reasonable justification. This would fall under that category. Plus, wouldn’t it be fun to see more good mid-majors as low seeds than average power conference teams?

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post

Opinions?
    Are we talking about the Tar Heels? Asking for a friend.