Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    UNC broke 80. That's a big win.
    Better without Cole Anthony, obviously. They should encourage him to sit the rest of the season out.

Well Bilas said they're not as bad as they're playing... several times.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Well Bilas said they're not as bad as they're playing... several times.
    Plus, he probably complained about the officiating.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Damn shame the 'Zags didn't break 100.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Yikes! Are the heels gonna finally break 80?
    Because the Zags stopped playing with 2 minutes, UNC beat the spread. Never bet on sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Also, honestly, 6 weeks off might doom (giggle) UNC to miss the NCAA tournament. Why come back after that?
    Anthony will be back for the NCSU game in Raleigh just to annoy Pack fans.

I don't buy the 16-15 predictions on Bart Torvik's site. The next 6 are relatively easy until @VT. They will make the tournament with 10+ losses, but they won't be in Greensboro this year. It looks like Duke, UVA, and MD competing for those two spots. Don't be surprised to see TN as a 7-10 just to annoy one of those 3.

Down 13 with about 30 seconds to go, ol roy burned a TO. Must have found out he couldn't put that in his carry-on bag for the long flight back to RDU .

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Plus, he probably complained about the officiating.
    Nostradamus if you weren’t watching the game. How could you have predicted that?

Down 13 with about 30 seconds to go, ol roy burned a TO. Must have found out he couldn't put that in his carry-on bag for the long flight back to RDU .
    I think the media is wearing him down by relentlessly questioning his reticence to use time-outs.

I believe ol' roy is petty enough to delay the finish of a game long decided just as an F.U. to everyone who complains about him NOT calling time-outs.

He probably wanted to get the starters out and safely to the locker room in case the students stormed the court.

But then he realized — no one storms the court after beating UNC anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Because the Zags stopped playing with 2 minutes, UNC beat the spread. Never bet on sports.
    They beat the closing line of 14/14.5 but the line had already moved several points. I suspect most Gonzaga bettors cashed since many got them from the 10.5 to 12.5 window. A bad beat for the 13.5 to 14.5 bettors.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

I don't buy the 16-15 predictions on Bart Torvik's site. The next 6 are relatively easy until @VT. They will make the tournament with 10+ losses, but they won't be in Greensboro this year. It looks like Duke, UVA, and MD competing for those two spots. Don't be surprised to see TN as a 7-10 just to annoy one of those 3.
    I don't know if UNC can count on Yale and Pitt being relatively easy, even playing them at home, but I agree that their schedule is backloaded. Can't decide whether that's a blessing or a curse, though. The "curse" argument would be that you want Anthony healthy for the easier games to collect Ws and maybe you would've lost the tougher games with him, anyway.

Bilas had laughably lavish praise for a really crappy game. Must have had ten "playing their hearts out" references.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    They beat the closing line of 14/14.5 but the line had already moved several points. I suspect most Gonzaga bettors cashed since many got them from the 10.5 to 12.5 window. A bad beat for the 13.5 to 14.5 bettors.

I don't know if UNC can count on Yale and Pitt being relatively easy, even playing them at home, but I agree that their schedule is backloaded. Can't decide whether that's a blessing or a curse, though. The "curse" argument would be that you want Anthony healthy for the easier games to collect Ws and maybe you would've lost the tougher games with him, anyway.
    But with Leaky Black in the lineup I’d expect them to roll from here on out.😀

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

Meant to add that I agree. UNC might've found a player in Jeremiah Francis, and maybe Anthony Harris can also provide something as well. Overall, UNC's talent isn't bad. It's just that a lot of them are young.

Does anyone know when the last time the cheats lost 4 straight games? I would have to imagine it's been a very long time.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Meant to add that I agree. UNC might've found a player in Jeremiah Francis, and maybe Anthony Harris can also provide something as well. Overall, UNC's talent isn't bad. It's just that a lot of them are young.
    And poorly coached.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Does anyone know when the last time the cheats lost 4 straight games? I would have to imagine it's been a very long time.
    2010, in a stretch against Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland, and Duke.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Yeah maybe, I guess. I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game but until the Gonzaga kids started laughing and stopped playing, UNC looked like a mid-major. They have some size, but geez did they look bad. Absolutely no defense, I now understand how Winthrop put a 16 - 0 run on them. I couldn't find the UCLA/UNC betting line but UCLA lost to Hofstra and got pounded by Notre Dame, so I would guess the line is pretty close or UNC will be favored.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Barry Jacobs article on DBR Front Page. It was 2010.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    I couldn't find the UCLA/UNC betting line but UCLA lost to Hofstra and got pounded by Notre Dame, so I would guess the line is pretty close or UNC will be favored.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Another mid-December week without a ton of interesting matchups (unless you like watching the worst team in the ACC and the worst team in the Pac-12 square off).

I felt this was a harsh but fair description of the UNC-UCLA game, but I think pfrduke was actually referring to Boston College playing California.

Saturday
    [36]North Carolina (-8) vs. [115]UCLA in Las Vegas (3:00, CBS)
    [130]Boston College (-1) vs. [187]California in San Francisco (5:30, PAC12)