View Poll Results: Will Clemson win at Carolina this weekend?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is the year! It is going to happen! Clemson by double-digits!

13 12.87%
  • It will be a nail biter, but I think Clemson pulls it out

18 17.82%
  • It may take overtime or a buzzer beater, but the Heels will win

35 34.65%
  • This is Clemson, they have no chance. UNC in a laugher

35 34.65%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Remember, even in 2002, when UNC was an unfathomable 8-20, including a 4-12 record in ACC play...one of those wins was a *blowout* home win over an equally-bad Clemson team. So I'm not holding my breath.

Man, that 2002 season was something special. UNC began with a home loss to Hampton, and followed that up with home losses to Davidson and Indiana. They briefly got to .500 with a win over Texas A&M, and then went 3-15 the rest of the season. What a year!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Remember, even in 2002, when UNC was an unfathomable 8-20, including a 4-12 record in ACC play...one of those wins was a *blowout* home win over an equally-bad Clemson team. So I'm not holding my breath.

Man, that 2002 season was something special. UNC began with a home loss to Hampton, and followed that up with home losses to Davidson and Indiana. They briefly got to .500 with a win over Texas A&M, and then went 3-15 the rest of the season. What a year!
    Yes, this is known as that season where Herb got 40% of his Ws against UNC (over a 10 year span). Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Agree about Cole, but Leaky Black? That be similar to us claiming the return of O’Connell (if he were out) would substantially improve our success. Black was not highly recruited and to date hasn’t shown stardom.

I don’t see them as Top 25 this year. Losing to Clemson at the dump, though, is likely mission impossible.
    Leaky Black is a starter, and they don't have the depth to survive losing a starter.

Moreover, I like Black a lot, although he's had a rough start to the season. I think in time he'll develop into Theo Pinson with better shooting. So, basically a big wing that adds defense, some PG skills in Carolina's offense, and generally just versatility. He's better than AOC.

Kenpom currently has the cheats as 88% to win. But I don't think his algorithm takes into account the possible absence of Cole. If he's still out then this not so great Tigers team will still have a decent chance.

Clemson: "So ...you're saying there's a chance?"

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Leaky Black is a starter, and they don't have the depth to survive losing a starter.

Moreover, I like Black a lot, although he's had a rough start to the season. I think in time he'll develop into Theo Pinson with better shooting. So, basically a big wing that adds defense, some PG skills in Carolina's offense, and generally just versatility. He's better than AOC.

AOC is having a rough start to his season, and his per-40 numbers are still way better than Black's: 13.5ppg vs. 7.4/8.4 boards per game vs. 6.8.
    IF AOC were currently shooting last season's .375 on threes, his per-40 ppg would be 18.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

No. The Blue Witch of Chapel Hill has for some reason cursed Clemson. As long as they (UNC) can field five players, Clemson loses again.

No chance- the curse is so bad that the Clemson football team almost lost this season...

Probably not. You just jinxed it anyway.

Raleigh N and O just reported Cole Anthony had knee surgery today to repair torn meniscus. Out 4-6 weeks which seems about right. Makes the Clemson game more interesting.

Raleigh N and O just reported Cole Anthony had knee surgery today to repair torn meniscus. Out 4-6 weeks which seems about right. Makes the Clemson game more interesting.
    Don't do it to yourself. It's the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It's not "if" Clemson will lose, but how they do it - and break your heart at the same time...

-jk

Most years Clemson just isn't as good as the Cheaters and they deserve to lose. When the teams are equal or if Clemson is better the ACC will simply not allow Clemson to win. Some of the calls I've witnessed over the years...smh...

I know, I know, I know, I know ... written a hundred times on my chalkboard at school.😣

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Most years Clemson just isn't as good as the Cheaters and they deserve to lose. When the teams are equal or if Clemson is better the ACC will simply not allow Clemson to win. Some of the calls I've witnessed over the years...smh...
    Also, there is Clemsoning. Which Clemson will always do, in Chapel Hill.

As a Clemson alum, there was speculation that the Tigers sold their basketball souls to the devil for the sake of a certain missed field goal kick a couple years back. Lo and behold, Bart Torvik gave NCST approximately a 1% chance of winning last year's hoops contest when the Tigers were up 6 with 24 seconds to play... Yet State won.

Let me join the speculation that Clemson will fail to break the curse - losing in spectacular fashion - in a few weeks. After all, is there any more logical reason why Mack would go for 2, than that some similar deal had been struck?

Agree about Cole, but Leaky Black? That be similar to us claiming the return of O’Connell (if he were out) would substantially improve our success. Black was not highly recruited and to date hasn’t shown stardom. I don’t see them as Top 25 this year. Losing to Clemson at the dump, though, is likely mission impossible.
    This is a group that thinks losing Zion Williamson to a shoe injury is equivalent to Sterling Manly being out.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Remember, even in 2002, when UNC was an unfathomable 8-20, including a 4-12 record in ACC play...one of those wins was a *blowout* home win over an equally-bad Clemson team. So I'm not holding my breath. Man, that 2002 season was something special. UNC began with a home loss to Hampton, and followed that up with home losses to Davidson and Indiana. They briefly got to .500 with a win over Texas A&M, and then went 3-15 the rest of the season. What a year!
    The 2002 UNC team will always be my favorite. The season started so well with a loss to the EA All Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Might take 6 refs with whistles and ugly blue and black striped shirts, but, if that's what it takes, swofford will arrange it .
    From the future box score-- Officials: Wanda Williams, Kenny Smith, Scott Smith. (I believe the third is now an ACC lacrosse ref but used to officiate G5 basketball.)

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    No. The Blue Witch of Chapel Hill has for some reason cursed Clemson. As long as they (UNC) can field five players, Clemson loses again.
    This is true. Clemson had a good team in 1998 but was forced to finish the game with a 2-2 zone and lost by 8-10.

In summary, this isn't the Clemson team to end the streak. I just want Clemson to lose at home on 1/14.

That 1998 game was one of Rick Barnes’ finest moments- the officials, however, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    one of Rick Barnes’ finest moments
    Talk about a paucity of choice.

Talk about a paucity of choice.
    I've been neglecting to comment on this thread until I had seen some more games, but I believe this is the year it gets broken. Someone had to have sacrificed a lamb or something in 2002 for it not to get broken then, but I just can't envision this UNC team beating hardly anyone, with or without Anthony. They are that bad.

We are only about 10 games into the season and UNC has already broken records for being bad. Worst home loss in the RW era. They lost to Wofford in Carmichael. I think we can add lose to Clemson at home to that list.

This is going to be 8-20 all over again. Get your popcorn and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Also, there is Clemsoning. Which Clemson will always do, in Chapel Hill.
    'Clemsoning' is not really a thing. It's kind of like saying 'Duke gets all the calls'. Just no.

As for the basketball team, of course in a year where the Cheaters are terrible, the Tigers will find a way to be more terrible. Note, although I'm a Clemson alum, I do not follow Clemson hoops at all (spend my time on DBR instead of TigerNet). Talked with a friend yesterday who informed me that the Tigers suck right now and the curse will not be broken. Sigh