Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    US with unexpected prowess in the singles matches, end up winning a hard-fought battle.
    Very entertaining last hour or so.
    I know that the Golf Channel (God, I hate "Play Through Golf") kept touting the Internationals' superior record in singles, but most of those prior events were well decided before singles. IMHO (where the H got lost in the Outback) we should have won the Cup easily but had real trouble at first with Royal Melbourne greens, and the Internationals were well prepared for the course.

Top International team rankings on the OWGR
    Scott - 18
    Oosthuizen - 20
    Hideki - 21

Top US rankings, all ahead of the best International
    JT - 4
    DJ - 5
    Tiger - 6
    Cantlay - 7
    Xander - 9
    Webb - 11
    Reed - 12
    Bryson - 13
    Finau - 16
    Woodland - 17

Then Kuchar was 23 and Ricky was 24.

Kindly,
    Sage
    'BTW the top three in OWGR are Koepka (injured), Rory and Jon Rahm'
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

entertaining last hour indeed, but who in the world whitens Matt Kuchar's teeth (and does he get a tip for it)? Did not know white came in a shade like that.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    entertaining last hour indeed, but who in the world whitens Matt Kuchar's teeth (and does he get a tip for it)? Did not know white came in a shade like that.
    Sidebar, your honor.

I think Tiger and his assistants did a heck of a job. They and the whole team deserve kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I think Tiger and his assistants did a heck of a job. They and the whole team deserve kudos.
    I agree. the last-day comeback was impressive. The international team was, on paper, not much to look at. The differences among the world's top players come down to intangibles. Once The US team came to grips with how hard winning would be, we were awesome.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Patrick Reed

I realize he will probably qualify for next year's Ryder Cup automatically on points, but holy smokes, at some point a captain has to ask him to stand down. He is a lightning rod, for sure, and he brings it upon himself.