Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nice win for Wake; 80 - 78 over #23 Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Nice win for Wake; 80 - 78 over #23 Xavier.
    The pollsters thought more of X than the advanced metric computers did, but this is still a great win for the Fighting Mannings. Wake has now cracked the top 100 in KenPom and maybe this is a sign they could fight their way into the middle-tier, or at least the bottom of the middle-tier, of the ACC. Danny is now in his 6th season at Wake and they have had only one season where they won more than 5 games in the league (in 2016-17 Wake went 9-9 when they had John Collins, a potential NBA All-Star). I'm not sure how much time Danny has left to turn things around but getting to 7 ACC wins this year would be a big deal for him.

-Jason "worth noting that Wake already has losses to sub-100 BC and Charlotte on their resume... their best win prior to this game was taking down Davidson" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Big big news out of Chapel Hill. Before their game against Wofford, UNC announced that Cole Anthony is out indefinitely with a knee injury while Leaky Black is out for the game with a leg injury of his own. And they made it official with Sterling Manley, who will be out for the season following surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Big big news out of Chapel Hill. Before their game against Wofford, UNC announced that Cole Anthony is out indefinitely with a knee injury while Leaky Black is out for the game with a leg injury of his own. And they made it official with Sterling Manley, who will be out for the season following surgery.
    wow, those are all bad news. I hadn't heard anything about Cole being injured, but being a knee injury that could be bad, bad news. Leaky doesn't seem to have made a big impact so far in the Dump, but it's a shame that he'll be missing out on at least part of a chance to perform out of the shadow of Anthony. Manley had also not really blossomed yet, but he would still be useful considering all the other injuries. I hope he emerges from the injury and gets his chance next year.

Hope the kids are all right. That hope is counterbalanced by my belief that not enough bad can happen to the cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Hope the kids are all right. That hope is counterbalanced by my belief that not enough bad can happen to the cheats.
    I don’t ever root for injuries, but I’m not going to prevent myself from feeling happy if the CHeats lose. That’s a lot to overcome, Black has struggled but he has a lot of potential outside of being constantly hurt. Manley would give them another experienced body inside which they sorely need. I don’t even know who can play PG for them. Anthony Harris is finally healthy so maybe he gets the nod. We’ll see if any of their other players step up now that Anthony isn’t there to occupy all of the defense’s attention. As Duke fans we know how much it stinks when our guys get hurt, and UNC has had more than their share this season.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I don’t ever root for injuries, but I’m not going to prevent myself from feeling happy if the CHeats lose. That’s a lot to overcome, Black has struggled but he has a lot of potential outside of being constantly hurt. Manley would give them another experienced body inside which they sorely need. I don’t even know who can play PG for them. Anthony Harris is finally healthy so maybe he gets the nod. We’ll see if any of their other players step up now that Anthony isn’t there to occupy all of the defense’s attention. As Duke fans we know how much it stinks when our guys get hurt, and UNC has had more than their share this season.
    Junior K.J. Smith started the game at PG. Smith is a transfer from Pacific and played in 22 games last year. For his career entering this game, he scored 21 points, delivered 7 assists against 3 turnovers.

I've gotta admit when I first read this about UNC today, I assumed it was a joke about UNC claiming injured players almost surely missing upcoming games (if not years of rehab), and then of course bounding out onto the court in perfect health for warm-ups at the next game. I guess not this time, huh? Could be interesting times for them, with Gonzaga coming up this week (then presumably a couple of weeks off to recover). What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    wow, those are all bad news. I hadn't heard anything about Cole being injured, but being a knee injury that could be bad, bad news. Leaky doesn't seem to have made a big impact so far in the Dump, but it's a shame that he'll be missing out on at least part of a chance to perform out of the shadow of Anthony. Manley had also not really blossomed yet, but he would still be useful considering all the other injuries. I hope he emerges from the injury and gets his chance next year.

Amazing. No typo or $18M+ in legal fees either in a story about the cheats. I'll never hope for injuries for the players but my tears will be very, very small and brief for their time/s off the court while still hoping they can play hoops again.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I think Anthony should immediately drop out and begin prepping for his pro career.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I think Anthony should immediately drop out and begin prepping for his pro career.
    I'm confused. What difference would "dropping out" make? Other than not playing in their games that is: I mean I sort of doubt he is spending much time on his school work...

Hate to see kids injured, even there.

Good luck with full recoveries.

State hits a three with one second left too break a tie and beat UNC_Greensboro 80-77.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

After decades of deception, I've come to accept that injury reports originating from the UNC basketball program are, at least with respect to the severity and anticipated duration of the alleged damage, seriously lacking in credibility. One of the most notorious examples of such fake news was the amazing Lazarus-like recovery of Antawn Jamison in the 1998 ACC Tournament Championship game, when he reportedly had suffered a debilitating groin injury that would prevent him from playing, yet he not only managed to drag himself onto the court, but proceeded to tally 22 points and 18 rebounds in a performance of legendary heroism that led UNC to a 15-point win over Duke. Remember just two weeks ago when Roy lamented that Bacot would "be out a while" after injuring his ankle against Ohio State in a Wednesday night game? But miracle of miracles, there he was on the floor four days later, starting and logging 25 minutes against Virginia.

So pardon my skepticism, but don't be shocked if Anthony and Black are back in the lineup Wednesday evening against Gonzaga . . .

Wofford by 11 w/ 11 to go.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

let's go Wofford.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Wofford by 11 w/ 11 to go.
    Refs trying to turn the tide with 17 Wofford PF to only 6 for the cheats. FT are a stunning 14 to 1. Guess who leads that category?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Refs trying to turn the tide with 17 Wofford PF to only 6 for the cheats. FT are a stunning 14 to 1. Guess who leads that category?
    SWofford?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Beat me to it. Gotta make up for those injuries. Reffing is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    SWofford?
    Oooh, maybe a new expression: getting SWoffor'd?