Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    I think they’d have to annihilate Ohio St. But it would be hard to justify putting Ohio St in ahead of Wisconsin in that scenario. If Wisconsin wins by 1-20 pts, I think you suggest they split the season series and Wiscy has the loss to Illinois to push Ohio St in.
    Wisconsin up 14-0 early 2nd quarter. Is it possible both Big 10 teams get in and OK left out?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    No, I’m saying they BOTH get in.
    God forbid. I would vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Wisconsin up 14-0 early 2nd quarter. Is it possible both Big 10 teams get in and OK left out?
    Yes! Oklahoma has played a mediocre schedule and not even looked very good doing it. What are their signature wins? Barely beating an overrated Baylor team twice? I’m sorry, but OU ain’t all that. Wisconsin would beat them were they to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    God forbid. I would vomit.
    Wait...why?

Right now I think we have 3 absolutely in: LSU, Clemson, and Oklahoma. No way two Big Ten teams get in. That would be a travesty.

I'd be interested in a serious debate between tOSU and Wiscy for the 4th spot if this score holds up. I can't see OU getting denied, although they are probably locked into the 4th seed.

If score holds up,

1. LSU vs 4. OU
    2. Clemson vs 3. tOSU

Wait...why?
    I hate the Big Ten.

Right now I think we have 3 absolutely in: LSU, Clemson, and Oklahoma. No way two Big Ten teams get in. That would be a travesty.
    What impressive wins does Oklahoma have? Why should they get in? The Big 12 is not very good. I don’t understand this Oklahoma love at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I'd be interested in a serious debate between tOSU and Wiscy for the 4th spot if this score holds up. I can't see OU getting denied, although they are probably locked into the 4th seed.

If score holds up,

1. LSU vs 4. OU
    2. Clemson vs 3. tOSU
    Ohio State, LSU, and Clemson are already locks to get in. The only potential debate is between Wisconsin and OU.

What impressive wins does Oklahoma have? Why should they get in? The Big 12 is not very good. I don’t understand this Oklahoma love at all.
    Can’t stand the arrogant Big 10 either; but in the unlikely event Wisconsin does hold on, not sure OK should go ahead of either team.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Can’t stand the arrogant Big 10 either; but in the unlikely event Wisconsin does hold on, not sure OK should go ahead of either team.
    Nah, Oklahoma is in.

Hey, I’m not really a Big 10 fan, either, but they are clearly one of the two best conferences (the SEC is obviously the other) this year. The Big 12 isn’t even close. And I’m a Texas Longhorns fan.

Ohio State, LSU, and Clemson are already locks to get in. The only potential debate is between Wisconsin and OU.
    I don’t agree. OSU has to stay home if they lose tonight.

Hey, I’m not really a Big 10 fan, either, but they are clearly one of the two best conferences (the SEC is obviously the other) this year. The Big 12 isn’t even close. And I’m a Texas Longhorns fan.
    I just can’t see putting 2 Big Ten teams in the playoffs.

I don’t agree. OSU has to stay home if they lose tonight.
    You may wish for that (OSU staying home) to be the case, but it won’t come close to happening. Ohio State is in, regardless. As an FYI, I always root against Ohio State. I’m just being realistic.

You may wish for that (OSU staying home) to be the case, but it won’t come close to happening. Ohio State is in, regardless. As an FYI, I always root against Ohio State. I’m just being realistic.
    They may slide in, but there’s no way OSU and Wisconsin are both going while Oklahoma stays home. Talk about riots in the streets.

Did Clemson borrow our receivers tonight?

Yeah, but the Big 12 is probably still the 3rd-best conference and ahead of the ACC and Pac-12, for example.

The P5 conferences are in this to make money together, and politically, I can't see a 1-loss OU getting denied.

So it's tOSU vs Wiscy as the debate if Wiscy wins, although tOSU is probably heavily favored in that debate.

They may slide in, but there’s no way OSU and Wisconsin are both going while Oklahoma stays home. Talk about riots in the streets.
    I seriously doubt it. I don’t know even one person who has been all that impressed with Oklahoma this season. Who would be rioting in favor of OU other than biased Sooners fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yeah, but the Big 12 is probably still the 3rd-best conference and ahead of the ACC and Pac-12, for example.

The P5 conferences are in this to make money together, and politically, I can't see a 1-loss OU getting denied.

So it's tOSU vs Wiscy as the debate if Wiscy wins, although tOSU is probably heavily favored in that debate.
    Yep. That’s my reasoning as well. Although a team losing its conference championship game and still getting in doesn’t sit right with me.