Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup, agreed.
    Sorry, you are both in error on this one...he quite clearly lead with his helmet.

This is exactly the type of play the rule was meant to prevent. Hasan missed the rest of the season due to the concussion. Missouri's player missed the rest of the game and the first half of the next one.

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tw...85185997742081

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sorry, you are both in error on this one...he quite clearly lead with his helmet.

This is exactly the type of play the rule was meant to prevent. Hasan missed the rest of the season due to the concussion. Missouri's player missed the rest of the game and the first half of the next one.

I'm not sure how there's argument there. Even if the contact ends up being un-intentional, you risk the type of contact by lowering the helmet, and thus risk ejection. Even if it was un-intentional, the OSU player played with fire and got burnt.
    April 1

Nice adjustments. Sweeny is a better chess player, even if OSU has better athletes.

Clemson takes the lead with a 99 yard drive aided by a roughing the punter penalty on Ohio State. Etienne goes the final 53 yards on a screen pass.
    Bob Green

The play in your link was vastly different from the hit on Lawrence. The runner in that one had clearly slid and was thus a defenseless player. Lawrence saw the defender coming at him and lowered his helmet to brace for the hit. I have no problem with it being a penalty, but an ejection for that just seems extreme to me. I know the argument is that if there are extreme consequences, players will learn to tackle properly and reduce the chance of injuries, and I am all for that, but referees should have some discretion and this is a case where a 15 yard penalty would have been sufficient. And if the same player made the same play again, then the refs could use their discretion to DQ him.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm not sure how there's argument there. Even if the contact ends up being un-intentional, you risk the type of contact by lowering the helmet, and thus risk ejection. Even if it was un-intentional, the OSU player played with fire and got burnt.
    Right. There is no argument about that call. It was 100% the right one. You can’t lead with your helmet, period. That’s ironclad.

I'm liking this. Let's go, Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm liking this. Let's go, Tigers!
    The game has become more pleasant.

Clemson v tOSU is a good game and these are good teams... but neither of them are beating LSU next week. I suspect the line will open at LSU -10.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The play in your link was vastly different from the hit on Lawrence. The runner in that one had clearly slid and was thus a defenseless player. Lawrence saw the defender coming at him and lowered his helmet to brace for the hit. I have no problem with it being a penalty, but an ejection for that just seems extreme to me. I know the argument is that if there are extreme consequences, players will learn to tackle properly and reduce the chance of injuries, and I am all for that, but referees should have some discretion and this is a case where a 15 yard penalty would have been sufficient. And if the same player made the same play again, then the refs could use their discretion to DQ him.
    Yup. Though reasonable minds obviously differ.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Clemson v tOSU is a good game and these are good teams... but neither of them are beating LSU next week. I suspect the line will open at LSU -10.
    Double yup.

Luckily, they won't have to as the game is on the 13th. But agree with your premise, LSU looks unbeatable.

LSU’s defense is really not all that good. They can be beaten.

Dobbins, with a good ankle, would have taken that pass to the house.

Big answer by Ohio State. They were definitely on their heels, especially after the (highly questionable) overturn of the fumble return TD, followed by Fields throwing just his second pick of the year.

Sadly it feels like OSU will win this game. Clemson deciding to show up 26 minutes into the game will probably cost them. Fortunately I think LSU will play a full 60 minutes and beat the Buckeyes handily.
    Last edited by SouthernDukie; 12-28-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Sadly it feels like OSU will win this game. Clemson deciding to show up 26 minutes into the game will probably cost them. Fortunately I think LSU will play a full 60 minutes and beat the Buckeyes handily.
    Still a lot of time and only a 2-point game. That was a gutsy call by OSU on fourth down though at the Clemson 23. Paid off clearly. Go Clemson!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Double yup.
    Luckily, they won't have to as the game is on the 13th. But agree with your premise, LSU looks unbeatable.
    Probably more like LSU -3, and I think I'll be itching to bet against LSU.

Remember, the playoffs are a perfect setup for overrating the #1 seed since there were three great teams this season. The #1 seed could rout the #4 seed, and #2 vs #3 would be a war.

I fear Clemson has left too much time on the clock. This will be a nailbiter.

Wow, great drive by Clemson..scored too quickly though possibly. Obviously good to score but plenty of time for OSU to drive. Impressive to go 94 yards in 1:18. Time for the Clemson D to step up big!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Probably more like LSU -3, and I think I'll be itching to bet against LSU.

Remember, the playoffs are a perfect setup for overrating the #1 seed since there were three great teams this season. The #1 seed could rout the #4 seed, and #2 vs #3 would be a war.
    Excellent point, our eyes can be deceiving us particularly due to the games unfolding back to back in front of us.