Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Is it cheating to pay players less than 15 minutes after you win? If so, should there be a penalty?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...sh-lsu-players
    Odell Beckham, Jr. may be wearing out his welcome with his alma mater.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    not to a Duke fan it isn't! That's been our specialty...
    Heck I remember when we let Maryland go 80 yards in two plays -- in 12 seconds -- to win a game.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Props to LSU for kicking Clemson's butt. Sometimes the square play or easy play is also the correct play. (About half the time, actually!).

As I saw my Clemson ticket dissolve in the face of Burrow's pinpoint passing, I couldn't even get that upset as a fan of offense. That dude is just incredible.

I was disappointed that Lawrence couldn't move the chains more consistently, as I never expected that Clemson's D would hold LSU to like 24 points or something. Clemson needed to win a bit of a shootout and sustain drives to rest the D. After the first 17 Clemson points, Lawrence wasn't accurate enough to move the chains to stay on the field, and that exacerbated the advantage that LSU O had on the Clemson D.

Anyway, I was wrong here and paid the price.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Heck I remember when we let Maryland go 80 yards in two plays -- in 12 seconds -- to win a game.
    Was at the game also and thought 87 yards in 13 secs; but whatever. And, they HAD NO TIMEOUTS. Swore off Duke football forever, but forever meant less than a year. Little did I know that our football would get much worse before it got back to mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I was disappointed that Lawrence couldn't move the chains more consistently, as I never expected that Clemson's D would hold LSU to like 24 points or something. Clemson needed to win a bit of a shootout and sustain drives to rest the D. After the first 17 Clemson points, Lawrence wasn't accurate enough to move the chains to stay on the field, and that exacerbated the advantage that LSU O had on the Clemson D.
    Yeah, Lawrence was quite underwhelming. It seemed the main difference in the outcome was Burrow’s superior play to that of Lawrence. I think Trevor’s NFL stock took a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Yeah, Lawrence was quite underwhelming. It seemed the main difference in the outcome was Burrow’s superior play to that of Lawrence. I think Trevor’s NFL stock took a hit.
    Good news is he's got an entire year to get it back. Both guys seem to be sure-fire top picks, but I'd actually lean toward Lawrence as the slightly better pro just because I feel like his arm is a tad stronger. But it's a close call.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The main difference in the outcome was the play of the LSU offensive line.

Trevor has gone from being the #1 pick in the 2021 draft to being the #1 pick in the 2021 draft. The first 25 games he played in, including last years National Championship, are quite the resume. It is unfortunate, however, that he had such a bad game Monday night. He was quite underwhelming for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Odell Beckham, Jr. may be wearing out his welcome with his alma mater.
    New Orleans PD has issued an arrest warrant for OBJ due to his shenanigans in the LSU locker room.
    Bob Green