Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    What impressive wins does Oklahoma have? Why should they get in? The Big 12 is not very good. I don’t understand this Oklahoma love at all.
    How do we know the Big XII isn’t good? Texas is middle of the pack in that conference and gave LSU a better game than Bama did. The problem is once you get into conference play, it’s all confirmation bias because all you play is who is in your conference. If there are 7 SEC teams in the top 25 in week 4 when conference play starts, “my, didn’t all those teams play a tough schedule.”

I’d love it if OU was squeezed out. But it wouldn’t be right. Wisconsin lost to Illinois.

Everyone is clamoring for an eight team playoff. And I’m all for that myself. But what we have right now is effectively that with these conference championship games. I think any team that doesn’t win in their conference championship game has effectively lost a playoff game. That’s why I’m not for OSU getting in if they lose tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    How do we know the Big XII isn’t good? Texas is middle of the pack in that conference and gave LSU a better game than Bama did. The problem is once you get into conference play, it’s all confirmation bias because all you play is who is in your conference. If there are 7 SEC teams in the top 25 in week 4 when conference play starts, “my, didn’t all those teams play a tough schedule.”

I’d love it if OU was squeezed out. But it wouldn’t be right. Wisconsin lost to Illinois.
    I agree with everything you wrote except for your second-to-last sentence.

Congrats to UVa - the most recent altar division sacrifice to the Atlantic Division.

What a catch by OSU’s Ruckert! Wow.

What a catch by OSU’s Ruckert! Wow.
    That was pedestrian compared to Clemson's Higgins in the first half.

Wisconsin looking like the team I thought they were. A team that’s no better than 10th in the nation, if that. I’d take any one of about a half dozen SEC teams over them.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Wisconsin looking like the team I thought they were. A team that’s no better than 10th in the nation, if that. I’d take any one of about a half dozen SEC teams over them.
    so they are...who you thought they were....did you let them off the hook?
    1200. DDMF.

You do realize Wisconsin is playing the no.1 ranked team in the nation, right? A team that is not only undefeated, but hasn’t really even been challenged all year while crushing their opponents at historic levels. And Wisconsin is still only down by 3 points.

Is Georgia, a team that got annihilated today, one of those half dozen SEC teams you would so readily take over Wisconsin? I personally think that would be a very close game.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    so they are...who you thought they were...did you let them off the hook?
    What hook? I didn’t expect them to give OSU a game. To my delight they did just that for the entire 1st half. But alas, they seem to have reverted to form in the 2nd.

What hook? I didn’t expect them to give OSU a game. To my delight they did just that for the entire 1st half. But alas, they seem to have reverted to form in the 2nd.
    What form are you referring to? They’ve beaten several good teams this year while losing only twice — by one point on the road and the other to undefeated powerhouse Ohio State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w&t=29s
    1200. DDMF.

You do realize Wisconsin is playing the no.1 ranked team in the nation, right? A team that is not only undefeated, but hasn’t really even been challenged all year while crushing their opponents at historic levels. And Wisconsin is still only down by 3 points.

Is Georgia, a team that got annihilated today, one of those half dozen SEC teams you would so readily take over Wisconsin? I personally think that would be a very close game.
    Absolutely. And if we are really going to get into it, I’ll state for the record I think the SEC is so far superior to the Big Ten that I’d take LSU, Georgia, and a healthy Alabama in a relatively easy win over OSU any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Heck, I’d take even money on Florida and Auburn beating OSU as well.

OSU may have started the day as #1, but I’ll be darned if they are any higher than #3 come tomorrow. If not, call for a congressional investigation.

LOL, totally forgot about that classic!

Absolutely. And if we are really going to get into it, I’ll state for the record I think the SEC is so far superior to the Big Ten that I’d take LSU, Georgia, and a healthy Alabama in a relatively easy win over OSU any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Heck, I’d take even money on Florida and Auburn beating OSU as well.

OSU may have started the day as #1, but I’ll be darned if they are any higher than #3 come tomorrow. If not, call for a congressional investigation.
    #3, huh? Behind Clemson? Who has Clemson beaten? Who did they play today, a JV team? Ohio State has a roster absolutely bursting at the seams with NFL players. Not sure why you’re trying to discredit them.

LOL, totally forgot about that classic!
    well, i figured given we're talkin' about playoffs...playoffs? playoffs?!?!? PLAYOFFS! I figured i'd toss in another classic presser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE&t=14
    1200. DDMF.

While I agree with you that tOSU is overrated, I think you'll be disappointed that an investigation won't occur. I do think after today that it will be LSU-OU & Clemson-tOSU.

#3, huh? Behind Clemson? Who has Clemson beaten? Who did they play today, a JV team? Ohio State has a roster absolutely littered with NFL players. Not sure why you’re trying to discredit them.
    What difference does it make whether tOSU is ranked #2 or #3? Either way, they'll face Clemson in the semifinal game. Based on the results of today's games, in which LSU beat a higher-ranked team on what is virtually its home turf in far more convincing fashion, I don't think there should be much debate that LSU should now be the #1-ranked team in the CFP.

#3, huh? Behind Clemson? Who has Clemson beaten? Who did they play today, a JV team? Ohio State has a roster absolutely bursting at the seams with NFL players. Not sure why you’re trying to discredit them.
    I totally agree with you. I'm ok with LSU jumping to #1 but unless something really nutty happens in the next 10 minutes of football, Ohio State is #2. Though it doesn't really matter whether you are 2 or 3.

I have heard a lot about what a great coach Riley is at Oklahoma and how the NFL would love him. Assuming they are 4 and play LSU (or even if they play one of the other top teams), it will be interesting to see what his team can do with 3 weeks to prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    What difference does it make whether tOSU is ranked #2 or #3? Either way, they'll face Clemson in the semifinal game. Based on the results of today's games, in which LSU beat a higher-ranked team on what is virtually its home turf in far more convincing fashion, I don't think there should be much debate that LSU should now be the #1-ranked team in the CFP.
    Oh it won’t matter in the long run whether OSU is ranked number two or number three. Personally I think Clemson easily passed them today with their dominant performance. But I won’t argue the point. As long as LSU is number one everything else will sort itself out.