Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Well, that was quick...
    “Heavy is the head that wears the Belt.”

(for something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I was listening to the game on XM radio and if he wasn't high, he has some permanent brain damage from years of being high. His partner sitrying his best to get him back to the game but all Bill wanted to do was talk about peanut butter and like weezie said, smear it on the guys bald head. When Walton's doing a game on tv, the mute button is my best friend. It's shame that a player as good as he was has sunk this low. I can't see how he keeps his job. He must have some pretty bad pictures on someone.

GoDuke!
    Well color me confused. I watched some of ASU vs. Colorado last night and lo and behold, Bill Walton is one of the announcers. It didn't sound or act like the Bill Walton that I heard in the last game I listened to ^. He was making sense and calling out stats and history of players faster than a machine gun. I really enjoyed his gushing over Bobby Hurley's basketball IQ. He did a great job in this game. I think if ESPN required Bill to take a drug test before every game he's scheduled to do, both we the fans and Bill himself would be much better off. I think he would have passed the test with flying colors last night.

GoDuke!

Colorado 78 Washington State 56. The belt is now about as far East as it can go...until March.

Colorado hosts Washington on Saturday, then at UCLA on the 30th.

Game of the Decade!

Colorado plays at UCLA tonight. Will the belt "go home?"

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Colorado plays at UCLA tonight. Will the belt "go home?"
    Yes! The Bruins beat the Buffalo to bring back the belt!!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

The Bruins will be defending the belt with tough road games tonight at Bobby's Sunny D's and Saturday at the Wildcats.

I won't project any further until we see if they survive the next three days.

2/6 - UCLA (118) @ ASU (68)

2/8 - UCLA (118) @ Arizona (10)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Arizona State grabbed the belt, 84-66 over UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Arizona State grabbed the belt, 84-66 over UCLA.
    Hurley is champ again.

Should be noted that Bobby’s team slid by USC 66-64 Saturday to keep the belt.

Stanford next Thursday. #17 Oregon next Thursday.

Thought it might be time for an update.

Not only did Arizona State shoot down the Cardinal but they also collected some trophies of Bears, Ducks and Beavers. The Flying Bobbies are now precariously perched atop the PAC-Whatever standings. With only
    four more games left before tournament time, can they hold on?

#55 ASU -
    2/27 - @ (#86) UCLA
    2/29 - @ (#61) USC
    3/5 - vs (#56) Washington (Go you Huskies!)
    3/7 - vs (#136) Washington State

Bobby Devils go down to UCLA. Bruins get the belt.

UCLA wins it's 6th straight to take the belt from ASU. They are now tied with Oregon at the top of the Pac-Oh Forget it, I can never remember.

Two big games left for the Bruins before tournament time.

(KP#84) UCLA

home vs (KP#14) Arizona on Leap Day

at (KP#55) USC on 3/7

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bobby Devils go down to UCLA. Bruins get the belt.
    You beat me to it while I was looking up Kenpom and schedules...

You beat me to it while I was looking up Kenpom and schedules...
    That's why my posts are typically devoid of research, statistics or useful content. It only slows me down.

With all this focus on important things like Pandemics and Tom Hanks, we lost track of who has the Walton Belt! Every game has become more important now that it could be the last of the season.

Seems that USC took the belt from UCLA on the 7th. They hold it going into their game today with Arizona.

OK, back to the real issues like whether Gobert is a jerk or not -

With all this focus on important things like Pandemics and Tom Hanks, we lost track of who has the Walton Belt! Every game has become more important now that it could be the last of the season.

Seems that USC took the belt from UCLA on the 7th. They hold it going into their game today with Arizona.

OK, back to the real issues like whether Gobert is a jerk or not -
    well their tournament is cancelled, so congratulations on the 2020 Walton champion, usc.

the ncaa should do the logical thing and award then the golden trophy as well

I loved this thread. Thanks for keeping it going.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    well their tournament is cancelled, so congratulations on the 2020 Walton champion, usc.

the ncaa should do the logical thing and award then the golden trophy as well
    So is Walton happy that it ends the season in the "Conference of Champions" or sad that it is with UCLA's rival?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    So is Walton happy that it ends the season in the "Conference of Champions" or sad that it is with UCLA's rival?
    Maybe too stoned to know the difference?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

So, if I tracked this correctly:

UVA lost to Purdue lost Nebraska lost to North Dakota lost to Oregon St lost to Utah lost to Oregon lost to Washingon St lost to Colorado lost to UCLA lost to Arizona St lost to UCLA lost to USC?

I met Walton one time. He was exactly like he is on TV. Really nice guy, but words spilling out everywhere seemingly nonstop. I was able to get a word in and ask him about losing to NC State in '74, and to paraphrase he said while shaking his head, "March 23rd, 1974. I neeeeeeeveeeeeeer forget that date each time the calendar comes around." He did call David Thompson one of the best players ever to play college ball.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.