View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Virginia Tech tonight?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vernon Carey Jr.

0 0%
  • Matthew Hurt

0 0%
  • Cassius Stanley

0 0%
  • Jack White

10 12.50%
  • Tre Jones

46 57.50%
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Joey Baker

0 0%
  • Wendell Moore Jr.

5 6.25%
  • Alex O'Connell

1 1.25%
  • Jordan Goldwire

18 22.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Va Tech (Dec 6, 2019)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Virginia Tech tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Tre. For his offense and defense.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Weird game. Good luck picking a MOTM.

Rebound distribution:

6 Jones, Goldwire
    5 Carey, Moore, O'Connell
    2 Stanley, DeLaurier
    1 Baker
    0 Hurt, White

Foul distribution:

4 Baker
    3 White
    2 Moore
    1 Carey, Goldwire
    0 everyone else, including DeLaurier

Tre. Such a great team leader, and had the biggest role in making it happen.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Tre for his all around game but Moore deserve a mention for his nice game.

Some great options tonight; lots of guys played well. To me, though, this is one where the MOTM was really K (even more so than in other cases). Absolutely incredible adjustments throughout.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Loved Jack tonight, did a great job taking care of business with VC on the bench. Smart move by K in making that happen.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I am going to go with Goldwire...2 big 3’s in the first half, 3 offensive rebounds to keep things alive, 2 steals and on the floor for 30 minutes! May be the only time (I hope not) he’s in the mix, so I thought I’d go with him!

I abstain.

Tre Jones is MOTM for me. After hounding Cassius Winston on Tuesday, he comes back tonight and hounds the VT point guard. Plus, he was high score with 15 points, had 4 assists, 2 turnovers, 6 rebounds and a steal. He has to be a tired young man tonight when he finally lays his head on the pillow. Great game Tre. GoDuke!
    Last edited by jv001; 12-06-2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: missed a turnover

I see two choices - view poll results & vote now. When I click on vote now the following appears:
    “You did not select an option to vote for. Please press back to return to the poll and choose an option before voting.” However, there are no choices listed on the initial MOTM thread. Any thoughts? I’m using an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedev_92 View Post
    I see two choices - view poll results & vote now. When I click on vote now the following appears:
    “You did not select an option to vote for. Please press back to return to the poll and choose an option before voting.” However, there are no choices listed on the initial MOTM thread. Any thoughts? I’m using an iPhone.
    Select "Blue" at the bottom where it says "Mobile". The mobile skin works really for posts, but not polls and a few other things.

-jk

Went with Wendell. I thought he had a really solid all around game.

Wish I could give it to Tre, Jack, Wendell and Jordan. Split the pie 4 ways.

I went with Jack. He started the game at the 3 and played most of the second half at the 5. His position is winner.

Coach K. Realized this was not a game for Carey and went small. Team responded well, especially in second half. Played 10 guys, with 9 getting double digit minutes. No player was actually outstanding, but all helped. Really starting to like this team. Tough game after MSU and travel in a tough gym where we have not done well recently. Tre is the straw that stirs this drink every night.

I went with Tre but I love it when we are talking about multiple choices. Really good week for the good guys.

Jordan Goldwire. Spark off the bench when we really needed it, then continued with consistency throughout the game. Scored, defended, passed well, and rebounded. Brought energy to a tired team on the road in a conference game. Loved it, Jordan! Keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Virginia Tech tonight?
    Tre was a key, as usual, but for me the standout was Goldwire, who not only provided his usual defense but also, surprise, contributed excellent scoring inside and outside, and rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Coach K. Realized this was not a game for Carey and went small. Team responded well, especially in second half. Played 10 guys, with 9 getting double digit minutes. No player was actually outstanding, but all helped. Really starting to like this team. Tough game after MSU and travel in a tough gym where we have not done well recently. Tre is the straw that stirs this drink every night.
    K.

Padding here. Wouldn’t accept only 2 characters in a post.
    Last edited by camion; 12-06-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Tre by a nose. Good effort by lots of players. Baker seemed lost to me however.