Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Different players every night. Different pieces fitting together depending on the matchup. That’s the theme of this season and man has it been on display tonight.

If ANYONE predicted a lineup of Tre/JG/Joey/Wendell/Jack would be playing key minutes down the stretch in an ACC game we would’ve laughed them off the board. Wow.

This small-ball switch everything lineup doing this well is something I definitely didn't see coming.

I like how the commentators have called the game (only watched second half). My threshold is basically that they're not super annoying/grating and they pass that test. Unfortunately, many do not. Just call the game. I think some don't like Corey from the past possibly but he's been cool with me.

Alex, finally!

This team could be growing on me...

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Different players every night. Different pieces fitting together depending on the matchup. That’s the theme of this season and man has it been on display tonight.

If ANYONE predicted a lineup of Tre/JG/Joey/Wendell/Jack would be playing key minutes down the stretch in an ACC game we would’ve laughed them off the board. Wow.
    I didn’t think that lineup would work, because I didn’t know where the scoring would come from. Guess that’s why I’m not a coach!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This team could be growing on me...
    More “talented” Duke teams of the past would’ve had this one get out of hand given the mismatches. This team had the pieces to adjust, and had the mental fortitude to change gameplay and adjust to new roles on the fly. Very impressive.

What the hell was Corey Alexander talking about when he said that, back in his day, the refs probably wouldn't even blown the whistle on that flagrant foul Nolley comitted? It was an OBVIOUS cheap shot right in full view of everyone in the MIDDLE of the court. Alexander tried real hard to sell the idea that Nolley basically did nothing wrong.

Gritty, hard-nosed win. We might see a lot of comeback wins this season, with us taking a while to find the lineups that work any given night.

Devils finish 100% at the line