Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! Ozzie and I were at the 29 point beat-down at the dean's myth center in 2002. We wished many heel faithfuls a safe drive home as the place emptied with >10 minutes to go and the lead 30+ points, IIRC.

Likewise. With Durhamnative (rest in peace 2013) and Mark Gilbert ('97), who's now a Missourah resident.

The funny thing is JWill and them took the foot off the gas pedal. It got close to forty; 29 was window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Likewise. With Durhamnative (rest in peace 2013) and Mark Gilbert ('97), who's now a Missourah resident.

The funny thing is JWill and them took the foot off the gas pedal. It got close to forty; 29 was window dressing.
    I was there, too, and endorse these comments. It was a massive beat down, and a ton of fun.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    how many minutes did seventh woods get last night?
    i guess weapons-grade trolls are just ignored here....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

i guess weapons-grade trolls are just ignored here...
    It was too fine a post to sully with a response!

i guess weapons-grade trolls are just ignored here...
    Check out his Wikipedia photo. It looks like it was taken by a 7th-grader with his first camera. Talk about no respect.

Also, I am assuming with a name like Seventh Day'Vonte Woods his mom and/or dad must have been followers of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Anyone know if that’s why he was thusly named?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Check out his Wikipedia photo. It looks like it was taken by a 7th-grader with his first camera. Talk about no respect.

Also, I am assuming with a name like Seventh Day'Vonte Woods his mom and/or dad must have been followers of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Anyone know if that’s why he was thusly named?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_Woods
    Here’s the story:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...e84385427.html

Looks like both got their name from the same Bible passage, not one named for the other. No idea as to his parent’s faith though. (Article says that his Woods grandparents were members of a United Missionary Baptist church).

Interesting article, didn’t know any of that until looking at your question.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I have the 2010 game saved as an iTunes movie (there was a very brief period of time in which Apple allowed you to purchase college sporting events through their platform). It is literally the only iTunes file I have on my computer. If there's a way for me to send it to you I would be happy to do so.

In the meantime, you'll have to settle for this highlight package.

This was the year that I became a Duke fan. It was my daughters freshman year and what a year it was.I had never been interested in basketball until she went to Duke. It was great to see her in this video at the 44 second mark with her painted face and star shaped glasses. Thanks for posting.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    This was the year that I became a Duke fan. It was my daughters freshman year and what a year it was.I had never been interested in basketball until she went to Duke. It was great to see her in this video at the 44 second mark with her painted face and star shaped glasses. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks for the video. Special team and special bunch of guys. I'm glad your daughter chose Duke and you're now a Duke fan. One of the things in the video that jumped out at me was the offensive rebounding with a kick out for three. Those plays were a big part of our offense. GoDuke!

You know, this could be a nice recurring thread....it certainly has aged well so far....

Decided this might be the best place to post this. Boss's daughter is dating a Mizzou grad and they were discussing the NCAA punishment that is keeping them from going bowling. He brought up the unc education freebie from the NCAA. According to him, NCAA stands for North Carolina Alumni Association. I don't remember hearing that one before so thought I'd share it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Decided this might be the best place to post this. Boss's daughter is dating a Mizzou grad and they were discussing the NCAA punishment that is keeping them from going bowling. He brought up the unc education freebie from the NCAA. According to him, NCAA stands for North Carolina Alumni Association. I don't remember hearing that one before so thought I'd share it.
    Hey, I like that. They're both corrupt and deserve each other. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I like that. I always thought it stood for North Carolina Athletics Alwayscheatbecausetheyareabunchofweaselbastards but yours makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I like that. I always thought it stood for North Carolina Athletics Alwayscheatbecausetheyareabunchofweaselbastards but yours makes more sense.
    I love it OPK. You're on your game today. They are the scum of college athletics. GoDuke and 9F.

North Carolina Athletics Alwayscheatbecauseitisthecarolinaway

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    North Carolina Athletics Alwayscheatbecauseitisthecarolinaway
    poTAYto, poTAHto. (Although yours is more on point)

poTAYto, poTAHto. (Although yours is more on point)
    North Carolina Athletics Alwayscheatbecausetheyareabunchofweaselbastards raises the nurture v nature discussion.

aretheyabunchofweaselbastards who collectively chose carolina? Or …

does carolina turn them into abunchofweaselbastards?

I say we dissect them all in the name of science; would be the first time science is advanced by the use of a carolina brain ...

North Carolina Athletics Alwayscheatbecausetheyareabunchofweaselbastards raises the nurture v nature discussion.

I say we dissect them all in the name of science; would be the first time science is advanced by the use of a carolina brain ...
    ...no matter how small and useless it might be.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Since we are only talking about the athletes, they choose to attend over other good options. So I would say the former. Especially when you consider how, as freshmen, they have usually obtained that status.