Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There’s actually a thread on IC discussing the idea that Anthony should come back for another year...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yeah, well. I long ago gave up any conference rooting after the rising abuse from other fan bases towards Duke in the ACC. Let the Big Whatever have the moment in December.

As long as Duke wins, I'm happy.
    yup, they hate us and I don't much care if they win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post
    I honestly think I can pull for any ACC team except Carolina. Their fans are in a class of their own.

With no tests.

ABC, baby.
    Agree, other than the fact that Maryland fans were just as ugly towards Duke as UNC fans are. I hated to see Maryland leave the ACC, but I sure don’t miss their disrespectful and belligerent fans.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    There’s actually a thread on IC discussing the idea that Anthony should come back for another year...
    Tell me you’re not serious??? Anthony is expected to be drafted in the top 3. There is no chance — NONE — that he has a sophomore year in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Tell me you’re not serious??? Anthony is expected to be drafted in the top 3. There is no chance — NONE — that he has a sophomore year in college.
    According to UNC fans he is not ready for the NBA and should come back so that he can win a title with that class they have coming in next year. They actually think there is a chance this will happen.

So Ol'Huck had a bad night last night. Well cry me a river! Just can't pull for the cheats in any game they play. Rest assured, they would party all night on Franklin St.had the situation been reversed!

According to UNC fans he is not ready for the NBA and should come back so that he can win a title with that class they have coming in next year. They actually think there is a chance this will happen.
    There is Nassir Little chance this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Not happy we lost the challenge even if UNC was one of the losers.
    Living in B1G country and being a Purdue & IU grad, losing the challenge means that I get to hear people who couldn't name more than 3 players on their team gloat alllllll year about how the ACC is (insert ridiculous and shortsighted insult here) and that the B1G is going to send every team to the tourney, etc. Which is why I get on my soapbox at the end of the year and cackle at their tourney failings and point to the 5 ACC titles since MSU won theirs.

But if the pivotal game deciding the series ends in a Cheat drubbing? Sign me up for an annual subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    College? He isn't even in a college.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    That’s sweet. I couldn’t stay awake to watch but the AP write up reported that the Bucks broke it open in the second half, and also included this nugget:

“The Tar Heels were handed their second-worst loss in the Smith Center since moving here in January 1986, trailing only a 29-point defeat against Duke in 2002. It was also the lowest shooting percentage UNC had managed in the arena named for late Hall of Famer Dean Smith.”

Ohio State looks for real! Massive blow out road wins at Villanova and UNC.
    I hate there are some games that I cannot find online. And they are always the blowouts where Duke comes out on top. the 2002 and the home game in 2010 I would love to re-live. This vexes me.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    we can still give em sh-t for letting down the conference.
    Because the cheats have a long history of giving a crap about anything other than the cheats....

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    I hate that Jay Bilas had to watch his boys lose in person... I bet he had a thousand excuses
    Well, if they had just hit 9 more threes...

The great thing about this is - it's a double dip for us Duke fans. First, we get the inherent joy in a Cheater loss...and second, we can still give em sh-t for letting down the conference.
    I feel like this has happened at least twice before--Carolina loses on the last day of the challenge, providing the B1G with the decisive margin in the challenge.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Well, with Ol Roy you never know. He’s probably already begun “recruiting” Anthony for next years team.

What’s the over/under on the number of post game pressers this season during which Roy addresses himself in the third person?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

(Congratulations to Silent Sam U for getting punked in basketball by both sides of the Midwest's cornerstone football rivalry.)

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Well, with Ol Roy you never know. He’s probably already begun “recruiting” Anthony for next years team.

What’s the over/under on the number of post game pressers this season during which Roy addresses himself in the third person?

Number of games - 0

Only ol' roy could "coach" Anthony into a 2021 lottery pick. Any other coach would have him in the top half of the 2020 lottery. Maybe Anthony should contact LaVar Ball, he would be better for Anthony's draft stock than ol' roy.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    I hate there are some games that I cannot find online. And they are always the blowouts where Duke comes out on top. the 2002 and the home game in 2010 I would love to re-live. This vexes me.
    I have the 2010 game saved as an iTunes movie (there was a very brief period of time in which Apple allowed you to purchase college sporting events through their platform). It is literally the only iTunes file I have on my computer. If there's a way for me to send it to you I would be happy to do so.

In the meantime, you'll have to settle for this highlight package.

And they have to go play at UVA on Sunday without Bacot - out indefinitely. They were a flawed team with him. They are probably not a top 25 team without him.

Of course UVA just put a big 40 up against Purdue, so the Cheats may only need to score 45 or so to steal a W.

There is Nassir Little chance this will happen.
    Well played

Although Little’s NBA performance actually supports the UNC case for staying - of course, I doubt Anthony will resemble Little performance-wise in college...

Reminds me of that lovely game I attended in 1999 when Brand, Langdon, Maggette, Battier et al (let's not be forgetting the fabulous Caldbeck boys) went into the Dome and beat the Heels by 20. Fun trip down Franklin St. after the game, too.