Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    To clarify, I was speaking in general terms...that it's not shocking that a highly recruited player might want to opt for full stadiums at home with a good atmosphere... and a fan base that really cares about football in large numbers. I was not speaking about this young man in particular.
    All known in advance -- I know this is not just an opportunity for you to rap Duke football, but...
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

To clarify, I was speaking in general terms...that it's not shocking that a highly recruited player might want to opt for full stadiums at home with a good atmophere... and a fan base that really cares about football in large numbers. I was not speaking about this young man in particular.
    Wouldn't he have known that coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    All known in advance -- I know this is not just an opportunity for you to rap Duke football, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Wouldn't he have known that coming in?
    Technically I suspect he did know it, or should have known it, coming in. That's different than living through a year of it, and going 5-7. And some of the losses this season were miserable.

I just realized I was confusing Newman and Kendall Hinton, who Duke recruited but who has used up his eligibility. I do not know if Duke ever recruited Newman.

Too much post-Christmas turkey. Mea culpa.

I just realized I was confusing Newman and Kendall Hinton, who Duke recruited but who has used up his eligibility. I do not know if Duke ever recruited Newman.

You were thinking about about Ed Newman? 😀

Kemp wavered on his original commitment. I wonder if he had earned his way onto the 2 deep on the roster if he would be in the transfer portal. If he had, does it really matter if he were playing in front of half full stadiums and his team going 5-7.

My understanding is that Newman wanted Duke out of high school but we didn't offer.

Quote Originally Posted by dm9e24 View Post
    Kemp wavered on his original commitment.
    I don’t recall Kemp wavering. My memory remembers Tony Davis wavering but not Kemp.
    Bob Green

Numerous sources today reporting that Oregon is the favorite to land Jamie Newman. They need a QB to succeed Justin Herbert.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...n-wake-forest/

From what I have read, I think this news took Wake fans, and Coach Clawson, by surprise. Most Wake fans don’t seem to be bitter, however, just disappointed. Seems to me like he’s trying to be the next Russell Wilson.

N.C. State has hired a new Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach - Tim Beck. Kurt Roper, who was QB Coach in 2019, will become Running Backs Coach.

Dave Doeren is making sweeping changes to his staff.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    N.C. State has hired a new Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach - Tim Beck. Kurt Roper, who was QB Coach in 2019, will become Running Backs Coach.

Dave Doeren is making sweeping changes to his staff.
    Sigh
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sigh
    Well Doeren is probably on a short leash and will be in trouble if the Pack finishes last again in Atlantic (which may happen). The Pack always has high expectations.

Duke and Cutcliffe, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Well Doeren is probably on a short leash and will be in trouble if the Pack finishes last again in Atlantic (which may happen). The Pack always has high expectations.

Duke and Cutcliffe, not so much.
    That's relevant in one sense...but in another sense (the whether it's the right thing to do sense) - it's not relevant. Cut needs to make changes. Period. Regardless of the length of his leash (which is very very long).

That's relevant in one sense...but in another sense (the whether it's the right thing to do sense) - it's not relevant. Cut needs to make changes. Period. Regardless of the length of his leash (which is very very long).
    We’re in agreement

Maybe bring Bentley in ?has 1 yr i believe plus his father is a offensive play genius.
    Might be a good addition.
    As a side note.hats off to duke for letting the youth shrinebowl use thier facilities.maybe a few rising stars will get the Duke itch .
    Several of my sons coaches are up there coaching the south Carolina 8th grade line.

Shawn Krest article on Duke quarterback situation:

https://nsjonline.com/article/2020/0...-his-disposal/
    Bob Green

From his lips to God’s ears...

Between Duke and the Bears this year, I’ve had about all the downfield misfires, premature check downs, slow developing East-West play calls and no gainers between the tackles I can handle.

Thanks for the link. As ever the optimist, I’m excited about the coming season. Everywhere you look in football the team’s success is predicated on excellent quarterback play. If you have it, you cover up a lot of weaknesses. I too believe these young receivers may be our best in years. Now, just get the damn ball to them and let them make plays. And may our offensive line be a little less “offensive” this year.

Per Adam Rowe at 247 Sports, Brittain Brown is entering the transfer portal.

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...tal-141796757/

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Per Adam Rowe at 247 Sports, Brittain Brown is entering the transfer portal.

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...tal-141796757/
    😭😭😭😭😭

Wishing him full health and success where ever he plays next.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    😭😭😭😭😭

Wishing him full health and success where ever he plays next.
    Fully agreed.

FWIW, that brings our transfer total (including grad transfers) to 9.