Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Per Steve Wiseman Twitter
    Cassius Stanley on trip but not in uniform for @DukeMBB tonight. No crutches. Coming along nicely.
    See picture.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Dan Shulman says he may be back by Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Hope he can by then, but don't want them to rush him back too early unless team doctors say it's ok. Anyway, sounds like good news!

Must take care. Only play when complexly stable.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    .6 weeks = 4.2 days? Preset quick healing.
    Might be a geechie root doctor involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Must take care. Only play when complexly stable.
    His leg must be a complexly stable isotope.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    His leg must be a complexly stable isotope.
    You won’t see that sentence on most basketball bulletin boards.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Hope he doesn’t bring Bilas with him��

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Hope he doesn’t bring Bilas with him��
    If he does, he loses the stability.

Man alive, we do go on about Bilas and deservedly so. Just call the darn game already.

When's that 2019-2020 announcers thread going up?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Man alive, we do go on about Bilas and deservedly so. Just call the darn game already.

When's that 2019-2020 announcers thread going up?
    Here ya go, weezie; buried on page 7:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...nouncer-Thread

Next time you're in town, I'll have a pint of that Ponysaurus Scottish Ale if it's still on draft at the brewery.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

With a lengthy gameless period after Friday, I can't see any reason at all why they'd even consider having Stanley play...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    With a lengthy gameless period after Friday, I can't see any reason at all why they'd even consider having Stanley play...
    But keeping it possible makes the Hokies game-prep for him. It's all in the gamesmanship.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    But keeping it possible makes the Hokies game-prep for him. It's all in the gamesmanship.

-jk
    I hear ya, but I think this is WAY overestimated by coaches...it's not like he's Kareem or something...

To give him another game and to give his coaches more game film to work on with him. That "lengthy gameless period" is a great chance for the coaches to break down game film and work with individual players on specific elements of their games. He's only played 7+ games so far, and he missed a great learning experience against MSU. Another game before the break could be significant.

Better reason, Cassius gives us a better chance to win. Every win counts. Each game is the most important on the schedule. It is Coach K's way.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    To give him another game and to give his coaches more game film to work on with him. That "lengthy gameless period" is a great chance for the coaches to break down game film and work with individual players on specific elements of their games. He's only played 7+ games so far, and he missed a great learning experience against MSU. Another game before the break could be significant.

Better reason, Cassius gives us a better chance to win. Every win counts. Each game is the most important on the schedule. It is Coach K's way.
    And with Coach K actually playing 10 guys, game film is even more critical then that patented 7 man-rotation.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    Hope he can by then, but don't want them to rush him back too early unless team doctors say it's ok. Anyway, sounds like good news!
    Do you honestly think Duke would rush him back over the objections of medical personnel?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

I'm assuming this is a hamstring injury, and resting those is generally considered a good idea, though I'm not sure we really know what's going on. I'll still bet we don't see him Friday, FWIW (not much).

I'm assuming this is a hamstring injury, and resting those is generally considered a good idea, though I'm not sure we really know what's going on. I'll still bet we don't see him Friday, FWIW (not much).
    I'd be pretty shocked if he played on Friday, especially with the 13 day layoff after that game. The risk of re aggravating the hammy would be much less likely after that point. I wouldn't even be surprised if he missed the Wofford (Dec 19) game, since there would be another 9 days before the Brown game on December 28. That would be only 3 missed games, but nearly a full month of rest. If there is such a thing, Cassius picked a good time to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I'd be pretty shocked if he played on Friday, especially with the 13 day layoff after that game. The risk of re aggravating the hammy would be much less likely after that point. I wouldn't even be surprised if he missed the Wofford (Dec 19) game, since there would be another 9 days before the Brown game on December 28. That would be only 3 missed games, but nearly a full month of rest. If there is such a thing, Cassius picked a good time to get hurt.
    Absolutely agree. I hope he is back by the start of the new year.