Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC

    Cassius Stanley Left Leg Injury Vigil

    Hopefully Cassius has a quick and full recovery.

    Credit to Troublemaker from the post-game thread for the latest update:
    In the radio postgame, Coach K says the injury is a hamstring injury, not a knee injury. He says the fact that it's a muscle injury is "really really good" as compared to the alternatives / worst case fears. There's no timetable yet obviously, but Coach K doesn't expect Cassius to play against MSU

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great Falls Va
    Saw this on Twitter:

    Coach K said Cassius Stanley heard "something pop" and they thought it was his knee, but the doctors say structurally, it's not. It seems to be the hamstring he heard pop. He's going to have an MRI tomorrow, but K says they hope to get Stanley back after Christmas.
       

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Saw this on Twitter:

    Coach K said Cassius Stanley heard "something pop" and they thought it was his knee, but the doctors say structurally, it's not. It seems to be the hamstring he heard pop. He's going to have an MRI tomorrow, but K says they hope to get Stanley back after Christmas.
    Maybe - need to be patient. The other guys are going to have to step up. Injuries are part of the game- hopefully not a trend for this team.
       

  4. #4
    Michigan State and VT could easily be losses without him. That said time for Joey to shine.
       

  5. #5
    N&O says he may be out several weeks.
    https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...237909564.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    When a hamstring muscle is pulled, the muscle fibers are abruptly stretched. Depending on the severity of the strain injury, the muscle can actually tear and many people can hear and feel an audible "pop" when the muscle is damaged. ... Avulsion injuries often occur with a quick muscle contraction during a burst of speed.
    There are a variety of potential risk factors for hamstring injuries.

    Inadequate warming up and poor stretching
    Muscle weakness or an imbalance in the muscle strength within the hamstring muscles
    Muscle weakness or an imbalance between the hamstrings and quadriceps
    Poor footwear
    Recurrent injury when the muscle hasn't completely healed from the previous damage
    Could footwear’s be our undoing?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Could footwear’s be our undoing?
    Of course it’s the footwear. Nike s#%ks.
       

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Could footwear’s be our undoing?
    Or just a snafu. Life...stuff happens.
    President of the Marshall Plumlee fan club!

  9. #9
    When was the last season a starter didn’t injury a leg / foot ?
       

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    There are a variety of potential risk factors for hamstring injuries.

    Inadequate warming up and poor stretching
    Muscle weakness or an imbalance in the muscle strength within the hamstring muscles
    Muscle weakness or an imbalance between the hamstrings and quadriceps
    Poor footwear
    Recurrent injury when the muscle hasn't completely healed from the previous damage
    Leaping tall buildings in a single bound …


    That's the one that usually gets me ...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    When was the last season a starter didn’t injury a leg / foot ?
    Emma, Engelland, Tissaw years?😡

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Emma, Engelland, Tissaw years?😡
    I think we wore Converse during those years. We switched to Adidas (just like Indiana) for a few seasons. Nike came along later.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Has there been any report on the severity of Jones Jr.’s ankle injury? When I google for injury updates from the game all I get is Stanley’s hamstring. (Sucks to be a low level D-1 team when your best player gets carried off the court and all anybody talks about is the player from the other team who limped away 20 minutes earlier.)
       

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    When was the last season a starter didn’t injury a leg / foot ?
    There was an article last year that suggested that players are playing too many games in the AAU circuits without proper tests, not cross training enough and as such are at greater risk of injury than players of the past. Hard to know- but basketball is very hard on ankles, knees and feet.
       

  15. #15
    Pretty sure Stanley's hamstring injury actually had its genesis in the 1st half. While on offense I remember him slipping near the baseline and his leg going out from under him a bit. I immediately thought, "Don't pull a hammy young man." If I'm remembering correctly, he was just a tad slow getting back up the court but then seemed to be fine. My guess is he was already slightly injured (unbeknownst to him or the staff) when he came back out of the locker room after halftime. Just an observation.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    There was an article last year that suggested that players are playing too many games in the AAU circuits without proper tests, not cross training enough and as such are at greater risk of injury than players of the past. Hard to know- but basketball is very hard on ankles, knees and feet.
    yep, and a pretty compelling article too. To me it's intuitive. As the article mentioned, stars in the past, like Jordan and Kobe - shut it down in the off season unless there was an olympics to play in. The Tiger Woodsing of America's kids...specializing at age 3 or what have you. It's ludicrous. As a side note, I always thought Shavlik Randolph played too much BB and did not spend enough time in the gym when he was at Duke. Just an observation from the outside admittedly.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Pretty sure Stanley's hamstring injury actually had its genesis in the 1st half. While on offense I remember him slipping near the baseline and his leg going out from under him a bit. I immediately thought, "Don't pull a hammy young man." If I'm remembering correctly, he was just a tad slow getting back up the court but then seemed to be fine. My guess is he was already slightly injured (unbeknownst to him or the staff) when he came back out of the locker room after halftime. Just an observation.
    you are probably right...to me there have been an inordinate number of slips in the paint on both ends of the court by our guys this year...either too much sweat being slung around, ball boys not doing their job wiping floor after possession goes to other end of court or shoes we are wearing not gripping well...take your pick
    https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1015033823711711237

    “It’s like a movie,” Williamson said. “You say you want to be a part of it, but when you’re actually here, it’s a movie...

    “For somebody like me, coming down on a fast break, an in-and-out crossover, and that moment where I jump and glide to the rim and lay it in, for me, it’s like poetry in motion,” he said. “I feel like I was in slow motion, and it’s just poetry.” Salisbury Post 12.20.18

  18. #18
    Good news is there are only three games between now and Christmas.
       

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Pretty sure Stanley's hamstring injury actually had its genesis in the 1st half. While on offense I remember him slipping near the baseline and his leg going out from under him a bit. I immediately thought, "Don't pull a hammy young man." If I'm remembering correctly, he was just a tad slow getting back up the court but then seemed to be fine. My guess is he was already slightly injured (unbeknownst to him or the staff) when he came back out of the locker room after halftime. Just an observation.
    I don't have ACCN so I didn't see the game, and am only an armchair doctor who has suffered my share of injuries, but if you're right then halftime is the perfect time for the muscle to cool down and would be ripe for injury if it was tweaked in the first half.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Good news is there are only three games between now and Christmas.
    That's kind of a bummer too.
       

Similar Threads

  1. Cassius Stanley Vertical Record
    By slower in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-30-2019, 01:45 PM
  2. Welcome to Duke, Cassius Stanley!
    By FerryFor50 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-19-2019, 11:26 AM
  3. Brittain Brown Injury Vigil (Knee Injury)
    By Newton_14 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2018, 08:28 PM
  4. The “Daniel Jones deserves his own injury vigil” vigil
    By scottdude8 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-21-2018, 01:42 PM
  5. Harry Giles Left Knee Vigil
    By NashvilleDevil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 10-26-2016, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •