Future Schedule News - Battle for Atlantis

Duke will be playing in the Battle for Atlantis tournament November 25-27, 2020 joining Creighton, Memphis, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Utah, West Virginia and Wichita State. That’s a lineup to challenge Maui as the best Thanksgiving Tournament.
    https://goduke.com/news/2019/11/29/m...tis-field.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Duke will be playing in the Battle for Atlantis tournament November 25-27, 2020 joining Creighton, Memphis, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Utah, West Virginia and Wichita State. That’s a lineup to challenge Maui as the best Thanksgiving Tournament.
    https://goduke.com/news/2019/11/29/m...tis-field.aspx
    Does anyone know how ticket sales work for B4A? Do they do team packages like Maui Invitational?

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Does anyone know how ticket sales work for B4A? Do they do team packages like Maui Invitational?
    was actually looking into this today. seems in years past you could buy a pack JUST for your teams games, or the whole tourney, though the former may no longer be possible.

If you buy in advance you have to stay at the hotel

You can buy single games day-of, and stay where you want at your own risk. Considering heading don next year.
    1200. DDMF.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    FWIW (I was in Atlantis this past February), there is a hotel literally right across the street from Atlantis (I think it’s an embassy suites) that is significantly cheaper than the resort and has some sort of agreement so you can still get into the resort and use (some) of the amenities. So if you can buy tickets without a hotel package at Atlantis, that may be a cheaper option.

Also, be aware that EVERYTHING at Atlantis is insanely expensive. A burger and fries is a 25 dollar meal. So as we plan our Duke contingent down to the island, plan accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    was actually looking into this today. seems in years past you could buy a pack JUST for your teams games, or the whole tourney, though the former may no longer be possible.

You can buy single games day-of, and stay where you want at your own risk. Considering heading don next year.
    Thanks. That sounds almost exactly like the Maui Invitational arrangement. Will keep my eye out for more ticket information.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post

Looking at the game that is on now, it seems like the place is empty but maybe that's not always the case. I will say that when we stayed at the Atlantis, I didn't really like it but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Looking at the game that is on now, it seems like the place is empty but maybe that's not always the case. I will say that when we stayed at the Atlantis, I didn't really like it but YMMV.
    With Duke in the tournament, tickets will be at a premium. I wouldn’t count on getting tickets other than buying a package or dealing with scalpers. That ballroom in the Atlantis Resort looks smaller than the Lahaina Civic Center.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Duke will be playing in the Battle for Atlantis tournament November 25-27, 2020 joining Creighton, Memphis, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Utah, West Virginia and Wichita State.
    Well, obviously we don't know everything about the quality of teams in 2020, but this seems like a weak field for the Atlantis tournament. I'm fairly sure none of those teams will be in the top 10 next season.

Memphis is trying to join Duke and Kentucky as a OAD destination, but the cloud of the Wiseman scandal could impact their recruiting and they are yet to get any 2020 recruits. They should have some decent returnees though and I see them as the second best team in the field alongside Ohio State. After a few years of being sorta down, tOSU seems like they may be back toward being a contender in the Big Ten. The rest of the field is quality teams that are likely to all be in the top 100 in KenPom, but it may not be quite as strong a field as we are used to finding in this tournament.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Speaking of next year's schedule - will SFA be invited back for an encore ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Speaking of next year's schedule - will SFA be invited back for an encore ?
    Be warned--that future schedule has Wagner, Lehigh, and Mercer on it. It took over a decade before we would play E. Michigan in Cameron.