Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Can't lose when the game is tied and there are 11 seconds left and you have the ball. Worst-case scenario should be a second overtime.
    Took a play from the FB playbook at the Belk Bowl.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Just completely out toughed by a much grittier team. Terrible FT shooting, non-existent transition D, and over dribbling was our demise. A terrible loss but we’ll win plenty more and hopefully will be a teaching lesson. CBB is completely WIDE open this year. Enjoy the ride folks

Who is going to start the should K retire thread?

Two points in OT?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

This one was on Tre.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Could say so many things, but will just take my hat off to Stephen F Austin. Hard nosed and never quit. It hurts, but kudos to those kids. They deserved it tonight. Duke has to learn and get better.
    Absolutely. They battled all night. And they now have a new fan on their bandwagon in Dan Bonner. So they have that going for them.

Bain story about family in Bahamas puts a little perspective on everything honestly. Congrats to the better team today

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but he did it at the end of regulation too so I assume it was the direction from K to give a chance for an offensive rebound. But, yeah, it's bad when you have the chance to take the last shot and somehow you lose on a layup at the other end. We are a good offensive rebounding team though, but I was thinking the same thing at the time. But, if we had hit some FTs and defended in the paint, it would have been a moot point.

Lots to learn from on this game at least...150 non-conference wins at home is over, unfortunately. Just BARELY enough time at the end for the layup. Stinks.
    Probably should get your best offensive rebounder in the game if you're going for the offensive rebound. And maybe run a set play considering Duke had turned it over 5 out of 6 possessions before that. Oh well, that's why Coach K is the man and I'm sitting here watching at home.

Could easily have 3 losses by the end of next week. Early to start thinking about seeding in the tournament, but it might not be favorable for us.

I expect lots of losses throughout college basketball like this during this season. It’s one of the worst years in recent memory

Overtime and last possession

Overtime offense was horrific. Two points (on a stickback). Three turnovers (check me on that). Two shot clock violations (is it just me or did it look like we were trying to run the clock out the last 10 minutes or so of the game?). Finally, I’m typically not one to criticize Jones (he’s one of my favorite players ever), but why aren’t we running the clock to get the last shot off, particularly when most of the important players on the other team are on the verge of fouling out? Very frustrating game to watch. We have a lot of work to do.

duke looked good...
    Last edited by moonpie23; 11-26-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I'm sure Coach K told him when to attack though. So, it was a coaching decision on that front, I'm sure. (But I agree as I said above.)

Unless we have some video evidence or post game confirmation I just cannot imagine coach K had Tre Jones do that... twice.

K has to call a TO in that situation. 12 seconds to go and shot clock is off. Call the TO settle your freshmen and get the last shot. Worst case scenario you go to a second OT.

The better team won. It’s going to be a rough season.

Eventually we were going to lose to a 27.5 point underdog at home. Those are just the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Strip the word a Duke from every single jersey in the locker room.
    Very few of them would care. They'll strip it in 5 months on there own.

Bonner

I used to like Dan Bonner... Why didn’t he just go ahead and put a SFA jersey on? That was horrible.

Credit to SF Austin, they took us out of everything we usually do well. They didn't turn the ball over but instead forced us into doing so, they got the ball into the paint with ease and converted over and over. Our offense was really stagnant and predictable. Even when all their guys were in foul trouble we couldn't take advantage.

Our defense when we don't create turnovers is the biggest area of concern for me moving forward. For the first 30 minutes I might say we weren't taking our opponent seriously enough, but for the last 15 that shouldn't be an excuse.

Was it just me or did that game winning full court lay up play out as if it was in slow motion?

Never seen anything like it