Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 83, SF Austin 85 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. And remember - no venting or bashing.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Yikes.

Really terrible game. On every front. I don't know what happened but it was terrible.

I'm just gonna leave it there.

- Chillin

Last play was embarrassing but you could say that about all of OT and most of the game.

Why didn't Coach K call timeout to get Carey back in? And why did Tre drive with 8 seconds left? He was really bad in OT.

Congrats, lumberjacks. You earned that one.

Strip the word a Duke from every single jersey in the locker room.

Classy SFA coach. Those guys were impressive. How many turnovers when Tre drives this year? And he gave up on play and guy blew by him for layup. Should get reamed out for being lazy

Pathetic on soooo many fronts: TO, non-existent interior D, FT, last minute coaching, *ffensive execution...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Looks like they started their break a few hours early. Hopefully Coach K. pulls a Mr. Hand and gets some of his time back.

A really appropriate play for the game to end on, honestly. A microcosm of the whole. Learn from this and get better.

All that last play needed was a dancing bear on a unicycle. Also, let's not forget the great defensive balance that allowed the layup at the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Why didn't Coach K call timeout to get Carey back in? And why did Tre drive with 8 seconds left? He was really bad in OT.
    I was wondering the same thing, but he did it at the end of regulation too so I assume it was the direction from K to give a chance for an offensive rebound. But, yeah, it's bad when you have the chance to take the last shot and somehow you lose on a layup at the other end. We are a good offensive rebounding team though, but I was thinking the same thing at the time. But, if we had hit some FTs and defended in the paint, it would have been a moot point.

Lots to learn from on this game at least...150 non-conference wins at home is over, unfortunately. Just BARELY enough time at the end for the layup. Stinks.

The absolute most fitting way for that game to end. Horrible way to lose but man did we play poorly.

My main gripe (aside from free throws) was that Tre started attacking too early at the end of regulation and end of OT. There should be absolutely no way that the opposing team even gets a chance. Not only did they get a chance, they had enough time to dribble down to the entire end of the court and lay it in.

I said it in the game thread but such a strange game. Shake this one off over some good food and football!

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Strip the word a Duke from every single jersey in the locker room.
    Huh? What does that mean?

Very hard to watch.

Can't lose when the game is tied and there are 11 seconds left and you have the ball. Worst-case scenario should be a second overtime.

What a dumb last play.

Could say so many things, but will just take my hat off to Stephen F Austin. Hard nosed and never quit. It hurts, but kudos to those kids. They deserved it tonight. Duke has to learn and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    The absolute most fitting way for that game to end. Horrible way to lose but man did we play poorly.

My main gripe (aside from free throws) was that Tre started attacking too early at the end of regulation and end of OT. There should be absolutely no way that the opposing team even gets a chance. Not only did they get a chance, they had enough time to dribble down to the entire end of the court and lay it in.

I said it in the game thread but such a strange game. Shake this one off over some good food and football!

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night.
    I'm sure Coach K told him when to attack though. So, it was a coaching decision on that front, I'm sure. (But I agree as I said above.)