Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Anyone know what the pat on the head thing the bench was doing? After that AOC slam MB3 Giles and RJ Barrett just all did it too

So what does the pat on the head mean, apart from a shot clock violation?

41 NBA scouts

Stray, where'd u come up with this number? I counted 52.

The Yankees this season would put up 4 fingers as a hit, sort of like saying “ya should’ve walked me instead”. I wonder if the tap on the head is sort of like saying “you guys need a timeout after that”?

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Stray, where'd u come up with this number? I counted 52.
    I thought I heard the announcers use that figure early in the telecast; I certainly can't attest to its accuracy, though.

I know some dislike Dakich but compared to the other ESPN commentators like Bilas, give me Dakich every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Much more pleasant to listen to and even cracked a few good jokes if you ask me. Bilas, Vitale, Elmore, etc. are insufferable sometimes.

If Dakich is usually a D or an F color guy, he gets an A from me tonight.
    Last edited by ndkjr70; 11-21-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Although they clearly know nothing about Goldwire..."Talented and athletic guy that just needs to earn the coaching staff's trust"...uh, I'm pretty sure Coach K has shown a lot of trust in Goldwire already way before most did. And I would not call him naturally super talented (when compared to other Duke players). He was a three star recruit. It's his grit and tenacity. Odd statements..oh well. Go Duke!

Dakich has been great; really enjoyable.

Other than J Rob, we don’t have a drop off for mop up time. That is a little unusual. It gives us an opportunity to get someone going that may play a big role in the next game.

Announcers comment that Savarino will redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    So this court is being used for one thing: college basketball games. Two today. Two tomorrow.

The knicks won’t use it. There’s no NBA players that will step on this court.

Why the BLEEP do you make it confusing and paint that extra line?
    You are probably right, but I thought there was widespread use of customizable panels (jigsaw puzzle pieces) on hoops courts. Is that wrong?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Although they clearly know nothing about Goldwire..."Talented and athletic guy that just needs to earn the coaching staff's trust"...uh, I'm pretty sure Coach K has shown a lot of trust in Goldwire already way before most did. And I would not call him naturally super talented (when compared to other Duke players). He was a three star recruit. It's his grit and tenacity. Odd statements..oh well. Go Duke!
    This is exactly why Dakich rubs me the wrong way. Don’t run your mouth about things you clearly know nothing about...with high conviction to boot. Especially ones that just are silly to people who know otherwise. Also...you know he’s the kind of guy, that no matter the situation, will come over and tell you “THIS is how you do this”.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    If Dakich is usually a D or an F color guy, he gets an A from me tonight.
    I didn’t watch tonight, but Dakich has flat out trashed Duke in the past. He was doing a summer league game this summer that Grayson Allen was in, and he spent the entire first half ripping Duke. I can’t stand that guy.