Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    WOW

That's my spoiler for the last episode.

WOW

Best Yet
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    WOW

That's my spoiler for the last episode.

WOW

Best Yet
    Very much agreed! The whole season kind of drug on IMO (even once we met with Ahsoka), but that episode was excellent. Would have liked to actually see the Dark Troopers in action, but always leave them wanting more I suppose.

We watched Ep 13 at our campsite on my laptop next to our campfire, which was fun, but when we got home we decided to rewatch on our big screen. That's when I noticed something cool upon Ahsoka and Mando's first encounter. Morai the convor was in one of the trees that Din walked under, right before Ahsoka dropped down behind him. So two characters made their move from animation to live action in that episode.

Attachment 11960
    Yep... between that and the loth cat Filoni packed it full of stuff

I will say, ai enjoyed the last episode, but the way they direct stormtroopers is really taking me out of it.

I know that, in 1977, the idea of guys just rushing forward was acceptable. But nowadays, it just looks ridiculous, and personally it REALLY takes me out of the show. Okay, okay, it was Robert Rodriguez directing, and I know that’s a little bit of his style, but just make the stormtroopers move like true soldiers, PLEASE. Weapons up, cover to cover, NOT just rushing out in the middle of a field holding their guns instead of firing them. Then, when the good guys kill them, it will look even MORE impressive, because they won’t look like idiots.

I did love the mortar, but good lord, can someone please make stormtroopers move like they should?

The last episode was awesome (and miserable). Thanks for all engaged here for getting me into the Series. It has cost me a small fortune however buying every baby Yoda product in the planet for my girlfriend.

Separately, I saw on Instagram that Disney is launching a number of new Star Wars series including a new Ashoka series starring Rosario.

The new episode...whooohooo baby! That was something.

Also, there was at least one, maybe two references to non-Star Wars films that I really enjoyed

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Not one single Baby Yoda sighting. That's a first. (Not a bad thing, just noting it.)

Why does Din have a mustache? I can see why he shaves at all, he'd get itchy under the helmet, but why have a mustache? Seems pointless for a guy that 99.9% of the time will never show his face.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Not one single Baby Yoda sighting. That's a first. (Not a bad thing, just noting it.)

Why does Din have a mustache? I can see why he shaves at all, he'd get itchy under the helmet, but why have a mustache? Seems pointless for a guy that 99.9% of the time will never show his face.
    Self-image. He knows what he looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Also, there was at least one, maybe two references to non-Star Wars films that I really enjoyed
    My wife and I actively cheered at the reference to TPS reports
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Ha!!!
    I am not the only one who wondered why Mando has a mustache.

https://ew.com/tv/mandalorian-mustache/

The close of the last episode was awesome.

I hope that the final episode doesn't end in a cliff hanger, I hate that. The first season wrapped up well, but left us looking forward to more with Moff Gideon coming out of his TIE fighter with the dark saber. I'm crossing fingers that this season ends in a similar way, with us not on pins and needles for 10 months wondering if Gideon's finger is going to press the button that spaces poor Baby Yoda. (I ain't calling him Grogu.)

I hope that the final episode doesn't end in a cliff hanger, I hate that. The first season wrapped up well, but left us looking forward to more with Moff Gideon coming out of his TIE fighter with the dark saber. I'm crossing fingers that this season ends in a similar way, with us not on pins and needles for 10 months wondering if Gideon's finger is going to press the button that spaces poor Baby Yoda. (I ain't calling him Grogu.)
    The real question is how many seasons can Disney make it watchable.

There’s not been a cohesive story in season 2 to care much about. Each episode has been pretty good.

At some point, you have to have an engaging storyline. Is it Mandalorian vs. Moff Gideon? Is it finding a Jedi for Baby Yoda? It is a vehicle for spinoffs (Ashoka? Thrawn? Bo Katan? Boba Fett?)?

For example, look at the last episode.
    Why did they even need Bill Burr’s character?

Other than a homage to Empire art, why did we need the ice spider and salamander/frog people episode? How relevant are those two new republic pilots, or is it just the equivalent of “fan service” for people working on the series to get cameos?

While I literally laughed out loud at TPS reports, not sure that was close to necessary.

My concern is Mandalorian devolves into episode 7/8/9 territory instead of delivering the fresh content from season one.

To be fair, all the above is major nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    The real question is how many seasons can Disney make it watchable.

There’s not been a cohesive story in season 2 to care much about. Each episode has been pretty good.

At some point, you have to have an engaging storyline. Is it Mandalorian vs. Moff Gideon? Is it finding a Jedi for Baby Yoda? It is a vehicle for spinoffs (Ashoka? Thrawn? Bo Katan? Boba Fett?)?

For example, look at the last episode.
    Why did they even need Bill Burr’s character?

Other than a homage to Empire art, why did we need the ice spider and salamander/frog people episode? How relevant are those two new republic pilots, or is it just the equivalent of “fan service” for people working on the series to get cameos?

While I literally laughed out loud at TPS reports, not sure that was close to necessary.

My concern is Mandalorian devolves into episode 7/8/9 territory instead of delivering the fresh content from season one.

To be fair, all the above is major nitpicking.
    From what I've read, they are heading towards an ending. Not sure if it will come in season 3 or 4, and it may coincide with the crossovers of Ahsoka and the Rangers shows that were announced yesterday. It sounds like Ahsoka isn't one for the long term, being called an "event series", so a grand finale would make sense.
    Regardless of what happens, Dave Filoni has shown that he is really good at bringing series to closure, so I have faith.

From what I've read, they are heading towards an ending. Not sure if it will come in season 3 or 4, and it may coincide with the crossovers of Ahsoka and the Rangers shows that were announced yesterday. It sounds like Ahsoka isn't one for the long term, being called an "event series", so a grand finale would make sense.
    Regardless of what happens, Dave Filoni has shown that he is really good at bringing series to closure, so I have faith.
    Disney has announced that both Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic will take place in the same timeline as The Mandalorian and that all three will culminate in "climactic cinematic event." I suspect we will get maybe 2 more seasons of Mando and a season or two each of Ahsoka and Rangers before the storylines converge in a grand finale. Should be fun!

I agree that Filoni is a fine person to be running this whole enterprise, but do not discount Favreau's role. He certainly knows interconnected storytelling as he has been an integral part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe from the beginning (director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 as well as EP on all four Avengers films). Dude knows how to spread a story out across multiple arcs and then bring it all home for a big finish.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Disney has announced that both Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic will take place in the same timeline as The Mandalorian and that all three will culminate in "climactic cinematic event." I suspect we will get maybe 2 more seasons of Mando and a season or two each of Ahsoka and Rangers before the storylines converge in a grand finale. Should be fun!

I agree that Filoni is a fine person to be running this whole enterprise, but do not discount Favreau's role. He certainly knows interconnected storytelling as he has been an integral part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe from the beginning (director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 as well as EP on all four Avengers films). Dude knows how to spread a story out across multiple arcs and then bring it all home for a big finish.
    Filoni is the man. So glad he is on board. Favreau has done great too.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    My wife and I actively cheered at the reference to TPS reports
    I laughed, but it also took me out of it a touch

Good last episode.

There is also a scene after the credits (Marvel style) so don’t turn it off prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Good last episode.

There is also a scene after the credits (Marvel style) so don’t turn it off prematurely.
    Thanks for the heads up! We will watch it today.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Holy cow!

Spoiler!