Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    She gave it to Bo-Katan, who IIRC was a former member of Deathwatch and sister to Obi-Wan's love, Satine.

The Armorer, and I think some of the flashback Mandalorians, had helmets in the style of the Deathwatch under Maul, with Zabrak-like horns.
    There isn't that much time between Rebels and the Mandalorian (in the grand scheme of things), so it will be interesting to see how the Darksaber went from B-K's hands to Gideon's, and if there was anyone in between the two.
    I hadn't realized it, but the first person on screen to possess the saber was Pre Vizsla, who was voiced by...dum-dum-dummmm...John Favreau!
    So now it makes even more sense that it has been brought back to action once again.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Keeping this to the spoilers thread, even though I'd guess that most people will have seen season one by now.
    This is so intriguing!

Speaking to ComicBook.com, Esposito said at a Vancouver fan expo that his character will be “in a bit of a struggle with someone else [in season 2], which I’m hoping you will enjoy.” He added there will be “major, major, epic, epic lightsaber action happening on this show.”
    Major, major, epic, epic lightsaber action" to me implies that Gideon will be matching the Darksaber against someone else with a lightsaber. That does not mean they will be a Jedi, of course. But could they be? General Grievous used bunches at once, and he wasn't a force user. (He collected them from Jedi that he had bumped off.) And the Darksaber hasn't been used by a Jedi since the dude who made it kicked the bucket, but it has been used plenty. Of course, Gideon's "epic battles" could just be him alone waving it around and slicing up people he doesn't much care for.
    Sigh...long wait to find out.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...111414423.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Season 2 streams on October 30th!

Here's the trailer!
    https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/th...2/1PesSnVhDbBg
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 09-15-2020 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added trailer link
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

There is some apparent news about Pedro Pascal and the Mandalorian that impacts the direction of the show, but it is potentially spoilery (very general spoilers, nothing specific about plot points, it is honestly probably something I would rather know about going in otherwise it would be kind of a weird surprise). I would ask to keep responses in spoiler tags, though, to respect people who want to stay totally in the dark.

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-pe...lt-mandalorian

Spoiler!

First episode of season 2 is out! I'm about to give it a watch, has anyone else given it a go yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    First episode of season 2 is out! I'm about to give it a watch, has anyone else given it a go yet?
    In the midst of re-watching Season 1. Then I'll catch S2, E1. Accordingly, I'm out of this thread until I'm up to date.

Probably watch it tonight. Will likely watch at least the last episode of season 1

It's a fun episode. Made me reminisce about a particular KoTOR quest.

Watched it over dinner. I really liked Cobbe Vanth and I do hope he comes back. I imagine we'll see him again. Very happy to see that Boba's appearance was not drawn out til further down the road. (And now we know for sure that it was indeed Boba's boots we saw in season 1.)

I was racking my brain trying to figure out who the bartender was. I would have never guessed John Leguizamo. Thinking back to Spawn, I see it more now, but that's only after I saw his name in the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Watched it over dinner. I really liked Cobbe Vanth and I do hope he comes back. I imagine we'll see him again. Very happy to see that Boba's appearance was not drawn out til further down the road. (And now we know for sure that it was indeed Boba's boots we saw in season 1.)

I was racking my brain trying to figure out who the bartender was. I would have never guessed John Leguizamo. Thinking back to Spawn, I see it more now, but that's only after I saw his name in the credits.
    I was still wrong! I forgot about the one eyed guy in the beginning. THAT was JL. So I'm still wracking my brain over the bartender. He just feels familiar.

Very happy to see that Boba's appearance was not drawn out til further down the road. (And now we know for sure that it was indeed Boba's boots we saw in season 1.)
    Not so. While possible, consider the following:

Some folks took a good, hard look at those frames, did contrast adjustments and other image processing, and found that those boots were pretty much spot on for our main protagonist's. That isn't dispositive by any means - props are frequently re-used - but there are alternative explanations. Given that Boba had lost his armor/gear, and how he was dressed, it doesn't actually make any sense for those boots to be his, even if it made sense for him to be the contact.

Was I the only one who was underwhelmed by this episode? It was alright I guess but for a season premiere I was hoping for more than a hunting trip to kill a big worm.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Was I the only one who was underwhelmed by this episode? It was alright I guess but for a season premiere I was hoping for more than a hunting trip to kill a big worm.
    It felt pretty low-stakes, plot-wise, for sure.

Oh, and I kind of wish they would quit going to Tatooine. Feels like there are plenty of other places they could visit.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Given that Boba had lost his armor/gear, and how he was dressed, it doesn't actually make any sense for those boots to be his, even if it made sense for him to be the contact.
    I'm assuming that like here in the Milky Way, folks in a galaxy far, far away need to replace their footwear from time to time. I replace mine, and usually with the same ones that I had before. Especially after I get eaten by a sarlacc.

Oh, and I kind of wish they would quit going to Tatooine. Feels like there are plenty of other places they could visit.
    Especially after I get eaten by a sarlacc.
    I’m combining these posts to make a point: this episode was one of the rare times where the story HAD to return us to Tatooine. That’s where Boba Fett’s armor was left behind, undigested. (Way more believable than Luke’s lightsaber somehow finding its way off Cloud City and onto Maz Kanata’s planet.)

my first impression: meh
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Unlike some others, I liked this one a lot. I really enjoyed seeing Tuskans be more than noisy and obnoxious savages. We knew that Mando was able to communicate with them from last season, but this brought them as a people to a higher level. And it's pretty clear that Boba Fett (assuming that's who it is) also has the same connection with them, since he's wearing their gear.
    As posted, I really enjoyed Cobb Vanth, too. He's just a cool guy. At first, I thought he was being set up as a protagonist, but that wasn't the case. The teamwork was reminiscent of when Din gathered the village to overcome the raiders with the Walker. It shows that is a strength of his, and as it was with Cara Dune, it's not likely to be the last time we see Vanth.

Episode two, while entertaining, gets a resounding "Meh" from me.

There are only 8 episodes in the whole season, and unlike the first one, this one did absolutely nothing to advance the story other than to get them off of Tatooine. That leaves only 6 episodes to cram a whole lot of upcoming action and characters in. (I hope.)
    Also, Baby Yoda was a bit of a ravenous brat.

My SO is not a sci-fi fan so I watched season 1 alone. With a dearth of other stuff we want to watch now, she said she’d watch Mandalorian with me, so we’re watching season 1 together. We’re through episode 6 and she’s enjoying it! Looking forward to seeing season 2 this next week. But today is reserved for beating carolina this afternoon! LGD GTHcGTH!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com