Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I just have a hard time following this show. I enjoy it more now but it just seems like we are flying around and trying to solve the problem of the day which doesn’t connect to the previous problem of the day. It’s looking more and more like a kid show to me which maybe I should of known beforehand.

Regardless, I still enjoy it and will watch every week for now.
    That has actually been one of the things I've enjoyed about it. The running story (Baby Yoda) is cool, but also it feels as an afterthought in many of these. I really like that approach.

Think of Star Trek: Any Series.
    The bad guys are out there, and we know about them. The Borg might get you at any turn, but, we have lives to lead, let's see what happens today. It's a recipe that works, and I have no doubt that Favreu/Filoni have the big picture in mind as we cross into the last two episodes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Everything just felt a little over-the-top cliche to me, especially the female Twi'lek. Maybe I need to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Enjoyed episode 6.
    Perhaps the point is the Mandalorian is changing who he is.

Beyond being able to bring back the Kurgan, Tonks, and Bill Burr, not sure why (and how) he threw them all in the same cell instead of killing them.

They all knew about baby Yoda.

It was pretty cold to put the republic tracker on the guy Twilek.
    They didn't know what it was or why it was important. The only one with any info was the droid (going through the ship logs after everyone else boarded the prisoner ship) and it isn't clear he had totally made the connection between the transmission he saw and the "kid".

After re-watching, I did enjoy the episode more than the first pass, although I still didn't like Tonks' character. My favorite cameo (not mentioned yet that I noticed) was Bobby Munson (Mark Boone).

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Clancy Brown is one of my favorite actors, he is always so surprising. I've been a fan ever since "Bad Boys" (with Sean Penn, not the other movies.)
    He can play the guy we hate (Bad Boys, Shawshank Redemption) to the guy your kids love. (Mr. Krabs on Spongebob).
    Here, he's a bit loathsome, but still really fun. He wears the horns well.
    Clancy Brown was also in Rebels.

That has actually been one of the things I've enjoyed about it. The running story (Baby Yoda) is cool, but also it feels as an afterthought in many of these. I really like that approach.

Think of Star Trek: Any Series.
    The bad guys are out there, and we know about them. The Borg might get you at any turn, but, we have lives to lead, let's see what happens today. It's a recipe that works, and I have no doubt that Favreu/Filoni have the big picture in mind as we cross into the last two episodes.
    Yeah, I guess it just caught me off guard. I wasn’t expecting it to be the way it is. I’m hopeful that we at least get something moving forward here on baby Yoda.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Episode 7 was quite the cliffhanger.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Episode 7 was quite the cliffhanger.
    There are rumblings that I am not chasing down suggesting there is somehow a tie between this episode and the new Rise of Skywalker movie.

I’m not sure that’s credible beyond the “we’re releasing Wednesday instead of Friday to not compete with the movie” angle.

There was a (not really) spoilery RoS short after the episode completed that was pretty cool. Some new to me material beyond the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    There are rumblings that I am not chasing down suggesting there is somehow a tie between this episode and the new Rise of Skywalker movie.

I’m not sure that’s credible beyond the “we’re releasing Wednesday instead of Friday to not compete with the movie” angle.

There was a (not really) spoilery RoS short after the episode completed that was pretty cool. Some new to me material beyond the trailers.
    Ditto. Just enjoying the show for what it is, as it is.
    Also, feeling very bad for Baby Yoda being dropped and yanked Raising Arizona style. (Except at least the Raising Arizona baby wasn't dropped on his face.)

Ditto. Just enjoying the show for what it is, as it is.
    Also, feeling very bad for Baby Yoda being dropped and yanked Raising Arizona style. (Except at least the Raising Arizona baby wasn't dropped on his face.)
    Poor Baby Yoda. Seeing him force choke that chick was a really strange feeling. I was a little lukewarm on the last couple episodes but thought this one was fantastic (I did think the episode with Bill Burr was a lot better than I thought when I rewatched it).

I haven't seen them in person yet, but apparently this started showing up on the freeway signs around Houston today:
    2019-12-20 13_59_34-'Baby Yoda' uses a car seat, advises Houston freeway signs _ khou.com.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    I haven't seen them in person yet, but apparently this started showing up on the freeway signs around Houston today:
    2019-12-20 13_59_34-'Baby Yoda' uses a car seat, advises Houston freeway signs _ khou.com.jpg
    Baby Yoda wasn't wearing a car seat when Kuiil bit the dust. If he had, then Baby Yoda wouldn't have been laying in the dust, face down. Poor lil' feller.

BabyYoda.jpg
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 12-20-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Great episode with a great ending. Seeing the Darksaber brought to live action was so cool!

I'm assuming at some point we'll learn how Gideon got in his hands.

(For those that don't know what the Darksaber is, it showed up in Season 3 of Rebels, and was created by the first Mandalorian-Jedi.)
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 12-27-2019 at 05:34 PM.

(For those that don't know what the Darksaber is, it showed up in Season 3 of Rebels, and was created by the first Mandalorian-Jedi.)
    Ooops, it first appeared in Clone Wars.

Great final episode! In fact these last two were as good of not better than anything weve seen on the big screen since the original trilogy in my opinion. Disney please please please pay Jon Favreau whatever he wants to do whatever is next!

Dang.

Lots of implied history with the Moff.

Darksabre!!!!!

Overall I really enjoyed the series, and there were a lot of very cool things in this episode. Darksabre was awesome, ditto for the jet pack, astromech with arms and legs was cool, and I liked the TIE fighter with folding wings (even if that is a lot of engineering to replace a ladder, and not an efficient use of hanger space). I’ll even admit that I liked the Jason Sudekis storm trooper.

I also don’t have a problem suspending disbelief and don’t need to nitpick the show...but i just don’t understand the “bad guys”. First they blast up the meeting place, then they decide to give Mando and friends a day to deliberate, then they send in the flame trooper to torch everyone. I thought they wanted baby Yoda alive? Maybe just sometimes? What are they doing? Same with the nanny droid - protecting the baby by taking it into a gunfight? I don’t get it. But excited for season 2!

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I’ll even admit that I liked the Jason Sudekis storm trooper.
    The storm troopers were good, but my favorite comedic moment was Greef Karga saying "Do the magic hand thing, Baby!", to which he holds up his hand and Baby Yoda waves back.

Great episode with a great ending. Seeing the Darksaber brought to live action was so cool!

I'm assuming at some point we'll learn how Gideon got in his hands.

Didn't Sabine last have the Darksaber? Or did she give it away to someone and I forgot?

The storm troopers were good, but my favorite comedic moment was Greef Karga saying "Do the magic hand thing, Baby!", to which he holds up his hand and Baby Yoda waves back.
    An excellent moment.

I'm a little behind, but finally watched the final episode. Between Rise of Skywalker and this, I'm basically ready for IV Star Wars 24/7, so hopefully we start seeing some new things cropping up now that the 9 movie saga is wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Didn't Sabine last have the Darksaber? Or did she give it away to someone and I forgot?
    She gave it away. I can't remember the name of who she gave it to (a female), but Sabine had been looking for someone worthy of the saber and of leading Mandalore. She didn't want that mantle herself.

She gave it away. I can't remember the name of who she gave it to (a female), but Sabine had been looking for someone worthy of the saber and of leading Mandalore. She didn't want that mantle herself.
    She gave it to Bo-Katan, who IIRC was a former member of Deathwatch and sister to Obi-Wan's love, Satine.

The Armorer, and I think some of the flashback Mandalorians, had helmets in the style of the Deathwatch under Maul, with Zabrak-like horns.