Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Right? How often do they get someone who is doing a voice on a cartoon to play a live action version of that same character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Possibly, but I can't think of an example. Going from LIVE ACTION to CARTOON, yes, but not from CARTOON to live action? I feel like that's pretty unique.
    Kevin Conroy, long the voice of Bruce Wayne and Batman in animated productions, played a live-action Bruce Wayne about a year ago when all the CW shows did a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover. (There was quite a bit of fan service going on, with cameos from numerous actors of past DC projects.)

I finished the last two episodes of "The Mandalorian" tonight. Speaking of fan service, I felt it all worked, even though I didn't particularly need the tie-in to the Skywalker saga. (In some ways, I kind of wish this show occurred in a completely different era, though I understand the appeal of Western-style lawlessness in the immediate aftermath of the Empire's defeat.)

If the live-action TV shows can help connect all the loose ends of the films and animated TV shows, I'm all for it. For example, bringing back Darth Maul in Solo seemed pointless in the short term; based on his more meaningful appearance in "Rebels", I hope the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series fixes that.

Using the YouTube app on my television to air this video Friday morning:

Okay, the could have ended that better. Din should have held the ball/gear shift knob up in his hand and Grogu should have taken it...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, the could have ended that better. Din should have held the ball/gear shift knob up in his hand and Grogu should have taken it...
    Pretty sure that thing got blown to smithereens. (but cool idea)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Pretty sure that thing got blown to smithereens. (but cool idea)
    Perhaps they will use it at another moment...

Screenshot 2020-12-24 153435.jpg

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Perhaps they will use it at another moment...

Screenshot 2020-12-24 153435.jpg
    Oh yeah, it did survive! (How's that for a needle in a haystack?)

Maybe on his deathbed, as an old man, Din will give it to Teenager Yoda. "Remember the fun times we had, kid?"
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Finally watched the series the last two days (sonPk had seen it, so his second time through). Very enjoyable series, well-done.

Welp,
    Season three is obviously under way. Episode one was little more than a setup episode with some humorous moments, but for me at least, the ship is righted quickly in the second outing. Can't say it wasn't action packed. Leaving my comments spoiler free for now, but that won't last since this is the spoiler thread after all.

Minor one...Baby Yoda said a word! No idea what it was, but it was a word!

Enjoying this season.
    Had to watch it twice .wife claimed temple of doom was better than raiders of the lost ark so I had to rewatch the latest episode.

It's fun reading some of the Easter Egg articles after the episodes air. I totally blanked on the fact that the R5 droid was the one that blew his motivator unit after Luke bought him.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Enjoying this season.
    Had to watch it twice .wife claimed temple of doom was better than raiders of the lost ark so I had to rewatch the latest episode.
    Sounds like grounds for divorce, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Sounds like grounds for divorce, tbh.
    Lol had a spirited discussion.

Can anyone explain last week's episode to me? It seemed like a really cool dogfight scene and escape to the hidden Mando enclave...interrupted by 40 minutes of stuff about side characters I'm supposed to remember from season 1? I assume this is either setting up Moff Gideon coming back, or a new even worse Gideon-level bad guy coming to be? But why did the double agent lady mind-flay the doctor? Why couldn't they come up with a more unique term than mind-flayer?

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Can anyone explain last week's episode to me? It seemed like a really cool dogfight scene and escape to the hidden Mando enclave...interrupted by 40 minutes of stuff about side characters I'm supposed to remember from season 1? I assume this is either setting up Moff Gideon coming back, or a new even worse Gideon-level bad guy coming to be? But why did the double agent lady mind-flay the doctor? Why couldn't they come up with a more unique term than mind-flayer?
    The new big bad is already "known" (by fans, not by Mando/etc), so tread lightly if you would like to be surprised/spoiler free when it happens (of course there could always be a twist but...)

The last couple of episodes are setting up the good stuff. Bo-Katan is becoming closer to being the unifying leader of Mandalore (not Din), and Moff Gideon is proven to be on the loose again. (Cue up Saga singing in your head).
    It's been nice seeing the Armorer's character become more developed as well.

I'm liking how Grogu is not the focus he was in the first two seasons; he's simply a supporting character so far. As a nerdy fan of the animated shows, I LOVED seeing Zeb show up! He's been my #1 jump to live-action character on my wish list for a long time. I can't wait to see what his future holds, since the chance is zero that his appearance was a one off cameo.

Fun seeing him hanging around with The Mandalorian directors (cameo pilots) Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow, and Rick Famuyiwa as well.

I did not expect a Tim Meadows sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I did not expect a Tim Meadows sighting.
    He saw that former Imperial officer and said, "Ooh, it's a lady."

There has Been some discussion of Christopher Loyd in the mandalorian.

Or is it a nod to the man in the delorean?

Sooooo.... (spoiler for today's episode):

Spoiler!

That episode was bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Sooooo... (spoiler for today's episode):

Spoiler!

That episode was bananas.
    Dude, no.

Spoiler!

Great episode, though, especially after the last one which I thought was the weakest of the series by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Dude, no.

Spoiler!

Great episode, though, especially after the last one which I thought was the weakest of the series by a country mile.
    I dunno. I don't see how it could be anyone leading anyone into a trap since where they got led is where they were going anyway. They went to the great forge, and it was there that things went south.
    Grogu's test drive in IG (now12) was hilarious.
    Seeing the council that's gonna found The First Order was fun, as was seeing General Hux's dad on that council. I just read that the actor playing him is the brother of the actor from the movies. Here's some info on who all made up the council.
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...romancy-thrawn