Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I would be fine with that. I just have a little clone theory fatigue when it comes to Star Wars right now. I think cloning as a plot device was more or less used up already for the franchise.
    A little off topic, but I'm so looking forward to The Clone Wars being wrapped up with a fitting ending to that series. (Drops in Feb of 2020)

PS...the finale seasons focuses on Ahsoka and Maul, and Mandalore.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    A little off topic, but I'm so looking forward to The Clone Wars being wrapped up with a fitting ending to that series. (Drops in Feb of 2020)

PS...the finale seasons focuses on Ahsoka and Maul, and Mandalore.
    I finally watched it a year or two ago...I forget how it ended. I do remember feeling like it just cut off though.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I finally watched it a year or two ago...I forget how it ended. I do remember feeling like it just cut off though.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it resolves; it's the last we see of both Ahsoka and Maul until Rebels. (So we know they don't kill each other.) I'd like to see them tie it into the lead up of Revenge of the Sith a little more. They gave flashes of Anakin foreseeing his turn to Vader, plus it's always fun to see Obi-Wan in action.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'm looking forward to seeing how it resolves; it's the last we see of both Ahsoka and Maul until Rebels. (So we know they don't kill each other.) I'd like to see them tie it into the lead up of Revenge of the Sith a little more. They gave flashes of Anakin foreseeing his turn to Vader, plus it's always fun to see Obi-Wan in action.
    Anakin's fall to the dark side was such a rush job. One of the greatest failings of the prequel movies, IMO. A little expanding on that kind of important story would be nice.

After watching three episodes, I have no doubt that when this is released on disk/streaming/whatever, it will hold up as well or better than more than a few of the movies.
    There are eight episodes, so that's four hours total...I'm guessing it can be all compressed to three, minus recaps and credits.

Since the third chapter just got dropped tonight, I'm going spoiler free, but saying this was the best yet.

How can something so predictable be so enjoyable?

After watching three episodes, I have no doubt that when this is released on disk/streaming/whatever, it will hold up as well or better than more than a few of the movies.
    There are eight episodes, so that's four hours total...I'm guessing it can be all compressed to three, minus recaps and credits.

Since the third chapter just got dropped tonight, I'm going spoiler free, but saying this was the best yet.
    Definitely the best episode so far. Probably the first one that had me excited for the next (instead of just curious).

This is the way.

I guess if they had called the series Baby Yoda it would have been too big a spoiler. 😂

One effect of the Mandalorian (and me succumbing to subscribing to Disney+) is that I'm finally watching Rebels. Enjoyable so far, even though (like Clone Wars) there is just something about the animation/voice acting that I find a tad off-putting.

One effect of the Mandalorian (and me succumbing to subscribing to Disney+) is that I'm finally watching Rebels. Enjoyable so far, even though (like Clone Wars) there is just something about the animation/voice acting that I find a tad off-putting.
    Obviously you aren't there yet, but the ending of Rebels is as close to perfect as you can get for drawing a series to a close. I have faith that Dave Filoni will do the same with Clone Wars now that he has been given the opportunity.

Obviously you aren't there yet, but the ending of Rebels is as close to perfect as you can get for drawing a series to a close. I have faith that Dave Filoni will do the same with Clone Wars now that he has been given the opportunity.
    have to spread some comments around...

this is so true. after watching Rebels, I thought it was better than many of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I had high hopes for it but so far I think it’s been garbage. Seems to me like they are relying way too much on nostalgia right now with all the call backs. It does LOOK like star wars though which is still promising to me. I’ll probably ride out the entire season to see how it goes.

One huge negative for Disney+ are the weekly new episodes. Netflix is the only service that’s gets it right by releasing all the episodes at once.
    Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Finally got to watch Ep 4 after a long busy weekend; it was fun.
    While it was such a minor part of it, my favorite part was the Loth Cat cameo.

re: episode 4

stop touching things

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post

stop touching things
    HA!!! I literally just made my gf watch that scene. She doesn't care about the show, but I was like "You HAVE to see this part".

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post

stop touching things
    HA!!! I literally just made my gf watch that scene. She doesn't care about the show, but I was like "You HAVE to see this part".
    Just the Baby Yoda Parts of The Mandalorian (from Vulture)

The first 4 episodes are retold as a bedtime story, with Baby Yoda GIFs as illustrations. Worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

The first 4 episodes are retold as a bedtime story, with Baby Yoda GIFs as illustrations. Worth your time.
    That's awesome. Pretty funny how The Client is only called "Werner Herzog". But hey, he's got a built in Star Wars name as-is, so have at it.

There are a lot of different versions of this now, but this is the first one I saw:

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

That cant be yoda due to the timeline .
    I have a hard time not calling it baby yoda also.

Dang you guys got me hooked on another show.
    Game of thrones be damned.
    I really like this show .

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    That cant be yoda due to the timeline .
    I have a hard time not calling it baby yoda also.

Dang you guys got me hooked on another show.
    Game of thrones be damned.
    I really like this show .
    Baby Yoda is just shorthand for "baby if Yoda's species". I don't think most people are actually suggesting it is Yoda (although some people suggest it is a Yoda clone, which would be dumb).